Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It came in a set of glasses from the next town over

Came with a pub pint style glass , a stemmed stout pint glass and a pilsner pint glass

This ones the wheat beer pint ... Think this one was bigger then a pint though

No ikea near me .... But could be the same

ESB. I found this little forgotten gem of a bottle laying down under the wooden shelf of my keg fridge. Must be around 9 months old now, and is one of the best ESBs I have had. Maris and Challenger, if memory serves me correctly.

072jQ5Wl.jpg

Nice.
I love being able to pour a couple of those and still tell the missus, " nah, I've only had two !"
But all up about 1.2 L of beer !!
Gold.
Bit off topic all, sorry.

I know this is a little off topic but I just got some new glasses and the beer tulip says it's ideal for pilsner stouts among other things

Any one know what a pilsner stout is ?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440836024.826530.jpg

Vienna_Cent_SMASH.jpg

My Vienna/Centennial SMASH. Only ten days old at time of pic (so still young) but the flavour... I can kinda see what all the fuss is about with this classic SMASH combo.

This one was from yesterday and not the greatest photo ever but this is a glass of my Bohemian Pilsner from my very first keg, at a week old so far. It already tastes great although I'm largely leaving it alone while I finish a previous bottled batch of the same recipe. Bo Pils.jpg

Pacifica Pale Ale.

Bloody phone. Will have to edit when I get at a computer!

American Pale Ale. Testing carbonation, sitting on about 85%.

Lambic Framboise (looks remarkably similar to the APA I know!) Also testing bottle carbonation. This batch was 3 years in the fermenter with 3kg of raspberries, Wyeast Lambic Blend and Cantillon dregs. Been 2 months in the bottle. Nice puckering sourness with plenty of funk character. No discernible off flavours.

Accidental Eis-marzen 7-8ish%

While lagering it seems it got a tad cold in the fridge so I lost about 4L.. Still needs to clear out, but tasting great. Strong maltiness coming from the vienna and nice/slight hoppiness from the hallertauer late additions. Should be good for a late oktoberfest. Pretty happy with the redish colour, hopefully the guests like it.

Back