Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a notto 4.3%

Heidleburg Pilsner Best Maltz 92%
Pale Wheat Wey 6%
Acidulated 2%

Went with CaSo4 1.2g , Cacl2 1.4g , mgSo4 2.4g in the mash
CaSo4 3g Cacl2 3.6g mgSo4 2.4g in the kettle
Used R/O water IMG_0609.JPG

Used Pearl for bittering & Tettnanger in the cube all up 17.2 ibu

Have a Kolsch on tap as well trying to keep my hands off it so drinking this more
but must say its growing on me quite a nice easy drinker

Another tester for quality control for oktoberfest.

Apfelwein @ 6.8%. 18L Aldi Apple juice, 500g dextrose/sugar and Wy3638 since kegged my hefe the same day I threw it down and I didn't have a spare yeast; plus it's German. Started at 1.052 and finished at about 1.001.

A really dry and tangy cider with plenty of apple flavour. This is far too drinkable for 6.8% and it has a slight alcohol warmth but not much. Can't say I'm much of a cider drinker (haven't had many good examples though) but I'm quite enjoying this.

1442492783827.jpg

Dry hopped Brett saison. Been in the fermenter about 6 weeks. Belle saison and a bottle of orval. Thought it'd be a quick funky beer. Stuff all Brett lol and just a little dry hop flavour ( wakatu flowers ). Despite the hop bag, there's a lot of fine hop debris, which blocked the tube for a bit, and has caused massive head on pouring.

I used some flaked triticale, a high protein adjunct, for a bit of body and retention in Brett beers. Slightly creamy mouthfeel so far. Not sure if due to belle or the triticale. Got it in a just kegged porter so will see if it's the same.

Phone pics always turn out sideways :(

******* Apple shit

image.jpg

Robv said:
Dark American Wheat - the sun makes it look lighter than it is
Is it kind of like an American amber wheat or is it darker than an amber ?

I'm imagining something like mountain goats fancy pants but with wheat as the base

Bullshit dry white IPA

Was supposed to be a law mower style wheat IPA but bloody thing went to 0.998 fg

I'm reviewing my practises haha

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1442826393.455929.jpg

O’zapft is!

First lager and an Oktoberfest to boot (das boot!), along the lines of 50% Munich, 35% Pilsner with the remainder split between Vienna and CaraBoh.

~27 IBU, Southern German Lager yeast, 5 weeks since kegged... drinking nicely, perhaps a little too nicely.

IMG_20150921_204730.jpg

Lagers may be a pain in the arse (tying up my ferm fridge and/or valuable keg spots in the freezer while lagering), but they sure are tasty.

It was 1.040 and I used us-05

Think it was the 300 gm of dex and I mashed in at 50 and for ten minutes then took it up to 64-63 for an hour

No dex any more and everything's getting mashed higher

Looks like a nice lager there mofox.

I started using the quick lager method recently. Ferm fridge for 4 weeks, basically ready to drink once carbonated in the keg but they do improve in time. Still, not a much longer turnaround than my ales, which is good, I'll be brewing a lot more of them now!

An accidentally eised Oktoberfest. By the clearest beer I've made, a bit of gelatine in the keg really makes clear nicely.

Really malty beer, a bit too sweet for what I wanted but it drinks nicely. Also a bit stronger then planned thanks to the fridge getting a bit colder then expected during the CC.

1443228905573.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443248719.259855.jpg

Coopers recipe of the month "Hopbomb IPA" as served from my newly installed keg. Had a bit of trouble with it earlier in that it was pouring ridiculously slow. Cutting the beer line from about 6ft to around 3 1/2ft helped, a lot!

All Pils malt

Hallertauer

Wyeast 1007 4.4%

Liking this one

Munich Helles. Grabbed 2nd place with this at WASABC, so we'll see how she goes at the Nats. I rarely brew largers, but I'm pretty happy with this.

qZKwzSGl.jpg

Back