Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curly79 said:
I love Rhubarb! And as of of last weekend I like Saison too. Recipe please Mofox [emoji106]
Heheh. Recipe here and did a quick boil of ~3kg rhubarb in 2L of water + 250g sugar. Strained it into the fermenter, and used wort from the cube to rinse out some more rhubarb goodness.

Got down to 1.004. Dry & tart rhubarby goodness.

Had a sample glass of my Mosaic Pale Ale on Saturday during the brew day for a Bo Pils. First time I've used Mosaic hops but really enjoyed it, very fruity, mainly tropical to my palate, will be a nice beer for a hot arvo I reckon. It was in the keg for one week on Sat, just sitting at serving pressure and pretty well almost fully carbonated. Will be using Mosaic a fair bit more now I think!

12079600_10208224436557187_7774614382363806057_n.jpg

fdhv6u.jpg

Brett IPA. Bit young, just a taster. Bit of pineapple though otherwise not too funky. Carb is low. They take forever to carb haha

sou9ms.jpg

"Construction site Flanders ale"

This is coming along nicely. Few months in the bottle and it's nicely acetic, quite clear, mild carbonation and a slightly sharp finish. Happy with this one. Will try to wait a few months to try another. Will be hard I think.

xmiek2.jpg

Mexican lager. Lots of flaked maize ( or polenta can't recall right now ). Wlp mex lager pitched cold. Fermented at 8-10 for a month and kegged yesterday. Pretty clear for kegged from primary yesterday. I like it a lot.

I'm also over building this ******* deck.

My take on a German pils. Strong pilsner malt backbone with a solid bitterness to balance. The late Saaz gives it a herbal kinda flavour. Still young in the keg so it needs some time to clear and lager a bit. Really nice around the fire

1445165881539.jpg

A summery type ale, loaded with 50g of galaxy dry hopped, mostly Barrett Burston Pale malt, with some raw wheat for the cloudiness. VERY prominent passionfruit flavour and aroma, I think next time i'll scale the hops back a little, but still very refreshing to drink on a hot day. Approx 4.5% abv.

gallery_20727_1340_245778.jpg

Packaging some robust porter for storage under the stairs and enjoying an american dark ale I brewed back in April. All centennial which blends really nice with the dark malts. Completely forgot I had bottles of this laying around

1445408723864.jpg

mofox1 said:
Interest piqued. Recipe for the centennial dark?
To be honest I'm a little uncertain whether the recipe I ordered was what I received as I am was aiming for the red ale. What I ordered was:

Grain:
4.7kg Maris Otter
1.25kg Munich Dark
0.3kg Caraaroma
0.05kg Roasted Barley

Hops:
10g @ 60min
55g - Cubed
40-60g - Dry Hop

But as you can see it turned out pretty dark despite the small amount of roasted barley. Pretty keen to make another one post exams, would be a nice beer to have on tap

Bramling ESB.
57 IBU
45% Maris
16% Munich
16% Pale
12% L. Crystal
10% Torrified Wheat
1% Choc

25g Magnum @ 60mins 34 IBU
56g Bramling cubed (calc. 20min addition)

Wyeast 1968 @ 17C start, increased ~0.5C per day to 20C.

Quite happy with this one.

image.jpg

I wouldn't say I've ever got any blackcurrant form Bramling, as you often hear about.

I get more of a dark, spiciness which I really like in ESBs, particularly darker examples. I often use it with Challenger in roughly equal measure (in IBUs and in dry hop). The Challenger marmaladyness works perfectly with Bramling, for me anyway.
This is the first time I've used it on it's own, but I didn't dry hop. I probably should've, to get 'right into it'...I can't for the life of me think why I didn't ?!

Which are the 'Ick' beers for you, M ? Paler pale ales, perhaps ? I could imagine I might not get along with it as well in those.

Hmmm, might have another....

Flagship beer at our Oktoberfest party yesterday. Delicious Munich Helles, crystal clear, first time using gelatin in the keg.

a fruity ale with nelson savin and pacific jade, nice enough but unfortunately I used the yeast slurry from a prior dry hopped beer and there's a sourness to it, or a bit of harshness...I wont do that again. it's a long walk from the pluto gun to the front verandah - rarely does the beer make it without a pause in the walk and a sample

Adamski29 said:
Flagship beer at our Oktoberfest party yesterday. Delicious Munich Helles, crystal clear, first time using gelatin in the keg
looks bloody amazing mate. what was the process of your gelatin in the keg?

Latest posts

Back