Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drinking a bottle of my 10L test batch beer, the homeslice ipa.

galaxy and galena hops to about 70ibu in equal proportions. absolutely amazing. blackcurrant (galena) and passionfruit (galaxy) explosion. a really unique difference to ipas which always seem so citrus-heavy.
homesliceipa.JPG

fletcher said:
looks bloody amazing mate. what was the process of your gelatin in the keg?
I basically did what is outlined here. http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/21879-how-to-gelatine/

Cold conditioned the beer down to about 4 degrees for a week. When I kegged I followed that process for blooming the gelatin and then poured the bloomed gelatin into the bottom of both kegs before racking the cold beer on top. That ensured that it was really well mixed in. Stuck the kegs straight in the fridge and started carbonating. They didn't move an inch during two months of lagering and then poured like that during the party. Bloody awesome.

GrumpyPaul said:
White Rabbit Dark Ale clone.

Photo looks darker than it really is - with a bit of light behind it there is a nice dark red tinge to it.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0208.jpg
Nice looking beer...one of my faves!!

euro style lager, nice and refreshing

5%abv
100% pils malt
mashed at 64'ish
magnum to bitter to 25ibu
and saaz late for a total of 35ibu ... approx

coming good now with 80ltrs of similar conditioning for summer - you little bloody beauty

thinking of doing another batch but using mt hood for bittering and 10% munich malt just to see

DSC_0003.JPG

Nice choice. Been using that yeast in my pilsners too, very happy with the results I've been getting with it so far. It's on its 5th re-pitch in the current batch. :)

image.jpg
Accidental American brown ale. First use of Waimea hops late and as a dry hop. Not real impressed. Not much hop aroma/flavour at all.

Still tastes great though. Also first time using gelatine. Worked a treat, I'll definatly be clearing all my beers this way.

Stupid sideways ipad photo.

Chinook APA. Really great hop, one of my favourites. Lots of grapefruit and pine and decent bitterness. Nice malty backing for the hoppy beer as well

1446365751860.jpg

I did a brew day on Saturday and had a couple of glasses each of my Mosaic pale ale and also my red ale. The pale has cleared up really well after some more time, and the red is drinking well but should improve with more time also.

Mosaic Pale Ale.jpg

Squaw Red Ale.jpg

Cheers Danwood :D combination of isinglass and Polyclar in the FV prior to kegging it, has worked well for me since I began doing that.

Yes, first time using Mosaic, it was the only hop aside from a little Magnum in that recipe, been really enjoying that keg! The red ale I use 300g Caraaroma and ~70g black patent, along with MO and a little Carapils. It sort of tastes like a cross between an ESB and an APA. Fluked the recipe first go and have made no changes since apart from when I haven't had one of the ingredients on hand. The original recipe is still the best, though.

^ ^ thanks for the details, well done on a top red beer.

P.s. Im yet to like the caraaroma malt, it always gets in th way of the hop aroma but it creates a great red hue.

Dr Bells Yellow Rose

85% MO
8% wheat
7% flaked oats

4.6% and 28ibu

Magnum to 12ibu and the rest Amarillo and 5 and Wp, dry hopped twice with 3g/L both times with Amarillo.

Delicious

V__74C8.jpg

Pratty1 said:

P.s. Im yet to like the caraaroma malt, it always gets in th way of the hop aroma but it creates a great red hue.
No worries and thanks mate :)

Yeah it's pretty intense, much more than other dark crystals I've used. This is the only recipe I use it in though, and I guess it is more aimed at showcasing the malts than the hops, although it is balanced and not too sweet.

Pratty1 said:

I agree. I really like the first couple of weeks of caraaroma -did an arrogant ******* clone with just pale malt and caraaroma with a bunch of Chinook - first few weeks were amazing then after about 3 weeks the raisiny character really started to overpower the beer. It is good for getting that red colour though.

Dry Redgum/Blackbox Mead.

Just honey, yeast nutrient, yeast (Wyeast dry mead) and water. 1071 OG. 1002 FG.

High carbonation and a little sweetness left over gives it a fruity/floral champagne quality.

It's amazing just how much floral flavour is masked by the inherent sweetness in honey. Strip that away with yeasties and there it is ! Plus alcohol is also present...yay !
I've got a full keg of this for summer, happy days.

image.jpg

Back