Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic American Pilsner 5.8% and I'm feeling it!
image.jpg

Uploaded this pic from iPhone, when I had the phone turned on it's side while I was uploading the picture displayed on it's side, if I used the phone in normal orientation it displays as above, strange.

AndrewQLD said:
Classic American Pilsner 5.8% and I'm feeling it!
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Uploaded this pic from iPhone, when I had the phone turned on it's side while I was uploading the picture displayed on it's side, if I used the phone in normal orientation it displays as above, strange.

5.8% Andrew, little wonder your phone is acting strange. :p

Batz

IMG_2209.jpg

Another of waggastew's great efforts. To quote his label:

21st Amendment Pale Ale
A classic American Pale Ale with a classic American hop bill. Cascade, Centennial and Simcoe hops give the beer the aroma and flavour of pine, grapefruit and a hint of tropical fruit. A clean malt profile and mineral background means the finish of the beer is crisp and refreshing.

That's a very accurate description. I was really impressed with the great hop aroma and flavour, which was very well integrated in the beer, with not a trace of harshness.
Lovely drinking.

The beer is actually quite clear, there is condensation on the glass in the photo.

Cheers for the nice review Warra. Here is one back at ya.......

Warra's Dusseldorf Alt

9266015827_8ed66fc1b1.jpg

Having never had a commercial example I thought I better do some research into the BJCP style guidelines. I am on the last legs of a mega-cold so my sense of smell and taste are only just coming back.

Aroma - Pepper, floral, soft malt

Appearance - Orange, copper, lasting off-white creamy head

Flavour - All malt to begin with but the herbal hops come through to balance and tidy things up. Full mouthfeel, pleasing complex burnt caramel flavour that lingers. Carbonation comes across on the softer side but plenty of bubbles/head throughout the glass. Overall impression is smooth and balanced just towards the malty side.

Reading through the guidelines this beer seems right on target. Might make me give up the American hop binge I am currently on.........

Nice one Wara

Mosaic Pale.

About 70 / 30 pale malt / wheat, hopped and dry hopped with Mosaic.
Pretty fresh just yet. With a little tweaking should be an awesome summer quwaffer.

No natural light, so I placed it in front of a retro style oil filled lamp that spins tiny shards of silver foil via convection.
I believe they were withdrawn from sale after a few ruptured and burnt some stoners horribly.

DSC_6003_zps121f612b.jpg

This is one of my kit beers...

Thomas Coopers International Pale Ale
US05
500gm Dex
300gm DME
15g Amarillo steeped for 10mins
Dry hopped with 20gm Fuggles for 5 days

Ended up fermenting for 12 days at 18c, moved to secondary and CCed at 0.5c for 2 days before bottling.

Would have preferred a lighter colour (and I think I'm seeing a bit of chill haze in here?), but after a bit of ageing it's drinking pretty well. Still got that twang attributed to kit beers, but the hop additions really do a lot to mask it and contribute.
I fed it to a couple of mates last night without them seeing that it was one of my home brews, and they both presumed it was Coopers Pale Ale.

Liam_snorkel said:
Nice job on the deceit. What was their reaction when they found out?
They're both not beer connoisseurs, so I'm not overly pleased with the deceit. Having said that though, they both said it was quite a nice drop and rather drinkable. We killed 10 tallies between the three of us last night, and one of them was driving so it can't have been too bad!

I have another mate on his way over now actually and he's a bit more of a revered beer drinker, so I'll await his opinion.

(side note - I really need to get a kegging setup... tax return, come at me!)

Tin Tin Dubbel while watching the Reds game.
dubbel.JPG
I started off with a chalice but got tired of having to fill it up all the time.
(probably should have posted this in the first world problems thread)

Finally got to taste my Sierra Madre Pale Ale. Turned out very well I think. Good balance and really nice taste. Just the beer to help me through a cold brewing day. hamburger in vietnamese roll.jpg

92% Briess Pale
8% Caramel/Crystal 60l
cascade ,chinook and perle hopped.
5.4%
44ibu
16 ebc.

Better Red Than Dead - Irish Red Ale

It was in the glass... :chug:

WP_20130714_004.jpg

Latest posts

Back