Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a test to see if I can post pics using my iPhone...

a8a5b01a.jpg

Nothing special, but not a bad drop either. Paled in comparison to the Tower 10 IPA I had afterwards though.

Just a test to see if I can post pics using my iPhone...

a8a5b01a.jpg

Nothing special, but not a bad drop either. Paled in comparison to the Tower 10 IPA I had afterwards though.

Thanks for that. I saw it and the tower (and the IPA with the big marlin on it) at Dan's.

I ended up getting the Vale IPA, because it was for a mate who isn't quite there yet with IPA (though his "main" beer has switched from CB to Fat Yak, so there is progress).

I wanted to try a beer with Wai-iti, but it's always the way - that's the biggest selling point on them.

After cleansing my palette with one of my own Hoppy Honey Bluckwits I had this ripper offering from Mountaingoat. Phukin delicious! Will grab a couple more next time I'm @ the bottle shop.
MountaingoatPepperberryIPA.jpg

MountainGoat is an AMAZING brand so I will be looking for this next time I hit up the bottle shop

Dad just came back from a road trip around SA, VIC and ACT.

IMAG0217.jpg

Dad just came back from a road trip around SA, VIC and ACT.

IMAG0217.jpg

Nice. Havent seen many of these on the bottleshop shelf before. I think DM's used to stock the Bright, but not with this label. Also used to stock the Mudgee ones but no longer. The Mudgee Brewery is actually quite a nice setup from visitors point of view. Cafe/Brewery together, and in the heart of town which is nice (better than having to travel to an industrial estate).

Havent seen or tried the Steam Exchange beers.

77deaa1b.jpg

This is a fricken awesome IPA. Hopefully fresh samples like this continue to get stocked by Dan's. I think the problem is that they buy a f**kload and it doesn't sell super quick so six months down the track we're getting beer from the first shipment that's been sitting around incorrectly treated. Mind you with the level of hop in this I can see it lasting well.

Nothing out of the ordinary tonight, a bottle of Belgian wine for $15.
Chimay White 750l, should warm things up nicely.

Top work by your old man there Will..

I know DM cops alot of sh*t for mishandling beers but I bought a bottle of Hargreaves Hill Pale Ale from them this week and the problem ain't handling.

Pour was a bit lively, aroma was distinctive but it took me a while to think what it reminded me of.............

Horse Piss on Straw.........Barnyard...........Brett!

Had a look at the cap and its got all sorts of funky sh*t on the seal.

This is Australian Orval, pretty sure that was not what they were aiming for!

Bad news for the brewery but made me fell good that even bigger guys that brew beer for a day job have problems.

Stew

This thread is an inspiration to try different beers. Might have to take a run down to Dans this week. Fancy trying some more IPAs
Dans seem to be expanding their range of beers all good for us the punters.

77deaa1b.jpg

This is a fricken awesome IPA. Hopefully fresh samples like this continue to get stocked by Dan's. I think the problem is that they buy a f**kload and it doesn't sell super quick so six months down the track we're getting beer from the first shipment that's been sitting around incorrectly treated. Mind you with the level of hop in this I can see it lasting well.

really worth seeking out in Dans it's a cracker of an IPA loads of bitterness with a slight hint of sweetness from the malt. 6.8 ABV loverly drop Columbus and Centennial used to hop. Had to buy the last 6 pack of Zweic Porter on the shelf.

Also worthy of a try is Vale IPA lots of citrusy hops quite nice on the lower side of bitterness.

Pint of pale at the little creatures dining hall. Still burping up hop flowers.

Last night
a498123d.jpg

Found it to be pretty underwhelming. After having another Wai-iti beer at GABS I can't see what the fuss is about really. My idea of a Kiwi Pale Ale is Mash Up. This was rather tame and if anything the mild hop level was overpowered by the malt profile. Would like to chuck Wai-iti at my Pale Mild recipe as a big late addition to see if I can make it shine!

Right now
8c98de9f.jpg

Bitten by a snakewoman at work today. Thought I'd treat myself to a refridgerated Rodenbach. Second time I've had it, last time was room temp and it was a little full on acetic.....this is REALLY nice, tip-toeing the line between beer and a good red wine........and balsamic vinegar...

Beers.JPG

All very well made beers. The Black IPA isn't really my thing but I still have to say it is a well made beer.

77deaa1b.jpg

+1

i bagged one from the hamo for the drive home this arvo and fuk me if the cab wasnt full of hoppy aroma after taking the top off the stubbie ! everyone commented !

+1

i bagged one from the hamo for the drive home this arvo and fuk me if the cab wasnt full of hoppy aroma after taking the top off the stubbie ! everyone commented !

That is a good looking beer indeed.

mate its defo worth a try! and check out these other preety lil numbers uncle dan is getting into ....

View attachment 55077

hook norton 'haymaker' + 'twelve days' and another trailer trash yanky 'coronado orange ave. wit'

yet to try these ... but not for much longer :)

edit 1 - oh and drinking one of those dundee pales atm. cool picture but i am finding it a tad sweet for me ,will not buy again its crappy :( edit 2 + now its warming up i am getting some apricotness ? wat the ? maybe its not too bad after all <_<

mate its defo worth a try! and check out these other preety lil numbers uncle dan is getting into ....

View attachment 55077

hook norton 'haymaker' + 'twelve days' and another trailer trash yanky 'coronado orange ave. wit'

yet to try these ... but not for much longer :)

edit 1 - oh and drinking one of those dundee pales atm. cool picture but i am finding it a tad sweet for me ,will not buy again its crappy :( edit 2 + now its warming up i am getting some apricotness ? wat the ? maybe its not too bad after all <_<

Hook Norton , **** yeah awesome beers.

Twelve days :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back