Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad just came back from a road trip around SA, VIC and ACT.

IMAG0217.jpg

Im really keen to know how the Mudgee brew's go........ i had them a few times a couple years back and they were infected gushers (purchased at the bottle shop across the road from the brewery in Mudgee), so i went to the brewery and drank it on tap.

That was cardboard infected swill also with one glass being similar to swirled yeast cake. It was chalky with yeast.

I swore to never drink their beers again

wold be good to see if they improved!

I should get to trying some of them next week. Will let you know.

God bless AHB :)

on the way to the supermarket this morning and a local AHB'r sends me a text asking if i want a growler of beer from Murrays cause he was going there.

HELL YEAH :)

Thanks again mate....... I've had a horrid week and this really made the world shine for me!

1.89 liters of Murrays Icon 2IPA @ 7.5%.

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy at the moment :)

MuraysIcon2IPAGrowler1152x1728.jpg

Cheers mate, a growler of Icon always hits the spot :)

While i'm posting i may as well add a picture of what was in the glass, and the lunch that went with it.

Murrays_ribs.jpg

Angry man Pale ale and 1 Kg of Barbeque ribs from the brewery :icon_drool2:

Got the Ballast Point Big Eye IPA since everyone has been raving about it lately.

Diamond bright. Fairly zesty aroma, bit of tropical fruit under it, some malt. Flavour leans more on the US piney thing , a little grass, some malt but it is maybe a touch one-dimensional (especially for that gorgeous colour). In very good nick, grab some before they get Danned.

Also grabbed a bottle of Tower 10 IPA because everyone has been speaking well of it. Had it in the States before but must have copped a dud because it was nothing like the recent reports here. Alright malt backbone but nothing mush else to report. Certainly not the aroma everyone has been reporting. Looking forward to it.

Cheers mate, a growler of Icon always hits the spot :)

While i'm posting i may as well add a picture of what was in the glass, and the lunch that went with it.

View attachment 55109

Angry man Pale ale and 1 Kg of Barbeque ribs from the brewery :icon_drool2:

HOLY SHIT :eek:

no wonder you were rubbing your guts :p

Also grabbed a bottle of Tower 10 IPA because everyone has been speaking well of it. Had it in the States before but must have copped a dud because it was nothing like the recent reports here. Alright malt backbone but nothing mush else to report. Certainly not the aroma everyone has been reporting. Looking forward to it.
I guess I copped a dud again? Smells pleasant enough but you gotta look for it. Rough bittering. Tastes extracty.

Green-Flash-Barleywine.jpg

Got a start of a cold and ate too much for dinner. Not really enjoying this beer for what it most probably is.

Still... Loving that candied, sugary malt thing going on. Good bitterness and aroma of sweet alcohol. No heat, even at 10.9%. After trying the west coast ipa, the Tripel and now this... Excellent brewery

Seems to be alot of good brews coming out of San Diego lately.
The more I drink the Ballast Point Big Eye the more I crave, good job I shelled out for 12.

Suggest not drinking it too cold to get the sweet malt backbone.

Re the Ballast point IPA , what were the Best before dates on your bottles, Mine had a best before of June 2012 as you can imagine i was a little hesitant especially being from Dans, But it has held up beautifully, lovely silky mouth feel and piney resinous hops yum would still like to try a fresh one.

Really enjoyed the Coronado Wit too.

Re the Ballast point IPA , what were the Best before dates on your bottles, Mine had a best before of June 2012 as you can imagine i was a little hesitant especially being from Dans
I didn't even look because everyone was saying how good they are. Yeah, mine had the same date. Just did a bit of Googling and Ballast Point use six-months as their best before. So not "Brewery Fresh"(tm) but not super old either. A new one would be pretty great though if these are at the tail end.

Thanks Bum , looks like another trip to Dans is in order.

Aye well it is an IPA afterall so should still be good after time spent in travel

Mine is also dated 27th June

mine are 27th june 2012 aswell. so might have to keep an eye out for some discounted ipa's in a couple of weeks :ph34r:

They are all the same date code. They only put 6 months on the Big Eye. Sat in the woolies warehouses for 2 months before they were sent to stores.

And because of the direct to woolies deal, no Sculpin for any of us.

They are all the same date code. They only put 6 months on the Big Eye. Sat in the woolies warehouses for 2 months before they were sent to stores.

And because of the direct to woolies deal, no Sculpin for any of us.

That's a pity, Sculpin is better than Big Eye.

God bless AHB :)

on the way to the supermarket this morning and a local AHB'r sends me a text asking if i want a growler of beer from Murrays cause he was going there.

HELL YEAH :)

Thanks again mate....... I've had a horrid week and this really made the world shine for me!

1.89 liters of Murrays Icon 2IPA @ 7.5%.

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy at the moment :)

MuraysIcon2IPAGrowler1152x1728.jpg

Can I ask how much this growler set you back? No doubt will be purchasing one on these when next down that way.

Can I ask how much this growler set you back? No doubt will be purchasing one on these when next down that way.

Hi Matt,

To buy a growler full of standard beer (Angry Man Pale, Pilsner, Dark Knight etc) is $27, a standard beer refill is $15 and a higher alcohol (Icon, Grand Cru etc) refill is $25.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back