Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Le Freak kegs will be at Carlisle, IBS, and maybe Sail.
Is that the complete list of venues or just those on your side of the country? I quite like Le Freak - or at least I did when I had it a few years ago.

What's in the glass? Glass? Who needs a girly glass ya pooftas

xxxx_tins__Large_.jpg

And no, don't even ask

-_-

Le
Is that the complete list of venues or just those on your side of the country? I quite like Le Freak - or at least I did when I had it a few years ago.
Le freake was on at Cookies during Good Beer Week...

Ah. Ship has sailed then. Bugger.

Cheers.

7c501dc8.jpg

Slight chill haze at 6C (and condensation)... A little later...

d13e0fa0.jpg

Lovely flavours, even my fuked flu damaged palate thoroughly enjoyed it. 8.5% goodness that isn't apparent in the beer at all until just after. I can't taste any hope atm so cannot comment, won't imagine any, couldn't smell any either.
Purchase a couple of months ago at the brewers den in boronia.

Grabbed a 6er of these on Friday. Dan Murphys is really getting some good beers in lately. Only downside is that the 1st lot are great, but after they sit around for a bit, their poor handling starts to take hold.

IMG_0538.JPG
Lovely piney, resinous hops and loads of malt. 7% booze and not a trace to be detected... at $17 a 6 pack, I will be back for more.

Grabbed a 6er of these on Friday. Dan Murphys is really getting some good beers in lately. Only downside is that the 1st lot are great, but after they sit around for a bit, their poor handling starts to take hold.

View attachment 54975
Lovely piney, resinous hops and loads of malt. 7% booze and not a trace to be detected... at $17 a 6 pack, I will be back for more.

Agreed on all counts, i grabbed a couple the other day and was pleasantly surprised, cant go wrong for the price...until as you say they are subjected to poor conditions.

Oh baby yeah.

Swallow grave good, evil twin good, but not really my boat. But this puppy is right up my alley.

2012_06_02_19.11.37.jpg

View attachment 54952

And no, don't even ask

-_-

Ahh, Bribie - finally manned up after all these years have we :icon_cheers:
Just how good would that be through a randall of cluster flowers (and some more alcohol and malt) outter a wooden keg.

How is the beer?

I too was in carslile, they said they are getting palate wrecker on growler, which makes me want to buy into their setup, but really who am I kidding when I make out that it is an uncertainty...
It's good mate, very very good. They have really surpassed Maine by using a proper counter flw chamber. The costarica was unbelievably fresh. Massive nose of dusty choc coffee and next thing you know I had spent a very relaxing 3 hours drinking the whol 2 liters.

Today I went back and it was all new kegs on tap. The turn over is awesome. I got a 2 lt of mikka green Easter for brew day tomorrow and may pop in for a back up.

Cheers
Cirp

View attachment 54952

And no, don't even ask

-_-

I know you love the 'unloved beers', but blink once if you're in trouble, twice if you've been raped by a man in a balaclava bearing a XXXX can....

;)

Blink 63 1/2 times if trolling... :p

View attachment 54975

...agree...but the Ballast Point IPA sitting next to it at my local dans was a step above this one...barrel ferm Hop Hog at the Great Northern in North Carlton destroys them both but thats not a fair comparison...

Yea I found it at Dan's aswell, wishing I grabbed a 6 pack now instead of just a single, quite a nice beer!

On the nose it has a nice citrus/piney aroma and pours a nice amber/ruby colour with a small head that maintained as a rim around the edge of the glass on the way down. Taste is just like it smells, maybe slightly more resiny due to the amount of hops, kinda low carbonation compared to other IPA's that I've had but I think extra carbonation might make it seem dryer and the hops might dominate a bit too much. Nicely balanced overall though at 6.8% and around 75IBU from what I've read elsewhere. Cannot complain for $3.99 a bottle, will keep an eye out for their beers in the future :icon_cheers:

Ballast Point brew beautiful beer. Their Sculpin IPA is even better than their Big Eye, it won the Beer World Cup a year or two ago. To get it fresh locally is a godsend.

Went to a Beer and food night at Potters Brewery last night...... and really enjoyed it.

Beers on offer:

Kolsch for a pallet wetter
Almond Marzen
American Brown India Ale
Smoked Saison
Sour Cherry ale
Barley wine.

With some exquisite food to match, it was a fun night

02062012_2_.jpg

Went to a Beer and food night at Potters Brewery last night...... and really enjoyed it.

Beers on offer:

Kolsch for a pallet wetter
Almond Marzen
American Brown India Ale
Smoked Saison
Sour Cherry ale
Barley wine.

With some exquisite food to match, it was a fun night

Is the 'pink lemonade' coloured beer the Almond Marzen (second from front)?

Is the 'pink lemonade' coloured beer the Almond Marzen (second from front)?

No thats the Sour Cherry ale.
Golden one in the tall glasses is the Smoked Saison
Dark brown one India pale ale
amber one is the barley wine (10.3%)

Moo Brews new offering. Apparently it will be one of their regular lineup and not just a one-off. Belgian style golden ale. Tasty.
MooBrewBelgo.jpg

Then I had this Acme IPA. Not bad, but too much malty (crystal) sweetness for my taste.
AcmeIPA.jpg

After cleansing my palette with one of my own Hoppy Honey Bluckwits I had this ripper offering from Mountaingoat. Phukin delicious! Will grab a couple more next time I'm @ the bottle shop.
MountaingoatPepperberryIPA.jpg

Latest posts

Back