What are you brewing - 2019?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't recall a pub called the Trunk but it could be that we just didn't go in there for some reason.
Just wondering do AIPA need to be high ABV or do AIPA's with lower ABV's still have that same hoppyness?
I was joking about elephants trunk, just another rhyming slang for 'drunk'
You can have a lower ABV can't recall seeing anything below 5% though.

23 litres Samuel Smiths Old Brewery Bitter OG 1,044 FG 1,011 IBU 31.51
5.00 kg Maris Otter
0.38 g Crystal 55
75 minute mash @ 67C

Boil 90 mins
45 g Fuggles @ 60 mins
15 g Williamette @ 15 mins
Bear in mind this is a full volume mash so you will have to reduce the base malt if you sparge, I think the recipe called for EKG but I had a load of Williamette so have used them.
yeast?

Doc Smurto's Golden Ale

First brew in years so wanted to go with something tried and true. Thinking of using the same grain bill in the next few to dial in the numbers on my new GF. Just change the hops.

I'm going to be brewing a more sessionable (4.95%) NZ hazy pale soon. Looking to use Hort 4337 and Nelson Sauvin hops - anyone brewed with Hort 4337 before? My brother just did and says he gets a lot of pineapple but I haven't had a chance to sample his brew yet, on paper it sounds like these two hops might work well together..
Just bottled a Pale Ale that I used Hort 4337 in, Combined with equal measure of Mosaic for both hop stand and dry hop.
Aroma was fantastic at bottling, now just waiting a week for carbonation. I get the feeling it's going to be a good one.
:bigcheers:

Sweet, I just brewed my hazy pale yesterday and my first ESB on Saturday, both went well, hopefully they turn out alright!
Righto
Cracked a bottle of the above said brew and shared with the one who must be obeyed, she has a far greater ability than myself for aroma evaluation, she noted without any knowledge of hop combination that there was heaps of pineapple straight off the bat and that the aroma didn't follow through to taste. Would say that your brother was on to something with his evaluation.
Don't really know where to go with this one as I paired it with Mosaic trying to for a layered tropical profile and came out with something very quaffable but also one dimensional, I think I'll have to pair it with something citrus flavored next to see what might pop up.

Back