• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a coopers tallie today, looks exactly the same as the old ones, the stubbies recently got a bit taller and slimmer, you can blame woolworths for that not sure if the glass is thinner though

luggy said:
I bought a coopers tallie today, looks exactly the same as the old ones, the stubbies recently got a bit taller and slimmer, you can blame woolworths for that not sure if the glass is thinner though
Does the tallie have "DO NOT REFILL" on the base of the bottle as described here? That thread also mentions the bottles so marked weigh less than older examples.

Seems you're right they are a bit thinner, ill weigh mine tonight after I drink it. If it can hold enough pressure for a coopers brew it should be fine to bottle with as long as you prime appropriately, id be interested to know what the other major breweries bottles are weighing in at

Samuel Adams said:
Shit yeah, Radieuse is one of my favourite beers !

But if you want good bottles, buy Coopers Sparkling tallies.
The Pale is way better..... :p

luggy said:
purple-lazy said:
Does the tallie have "DO NOT REFILL" on the base of the bottle as described here? That thread also mentions the bottles so marked weigh less than older examples.
Pretty sure they had to make their stubbies slimmer because one of the European lagers that they are brewing under license required that they switch to a particular type of bottling machine, which happens to not be adaptable to different diameter bottles. Can't remember where I read/heard that, maybe Australian Brews News. Longnecks unaffected.

Yesterday, I was scheduled to help out a fellow member of the KGB (Kyogle Gentlemen Brewers) to bottle & keg 90 litres plus lay down another 90 litres. He doesn't **** around. FV gets emptied, FV gets filled on the same day. Partials & K&B mainly.

So I jump on the bike and stop off at bakery on the way to pick up 6 cheese & bacon rolls with which to fill my guts as it is a long day and we generally sample a heap of beer, moonshine & weed, 3 of your major food groups.

I leave the bakery, jump on the pushy and bang on down the hill. And I'm a bogan who is not wearing a helmet and I'm acting like I own the road - which I ******* do! The Highway Patrol comes up the hill, looking straight at me. I look over my shoulder as they pass and they have the brake lights on and are indicating to cross the road: except it's centre parking and a busy weekend in Kyogle so they can't turn around because of all the cars in the main street.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/8403-who-rides-a-motorcycle/page-14

So I hang a quick left down Geneva Street, cut through a car park, ride into the BWS drive-thru and stash my bike in the employee lunch room. My friend April is on the till and I explain what's going on - so she offers to hide me in the cold room out the back - no ******* thanks.

20 seconds later they come past at full tilt and keep going. Saved.

While I'm waiting for the heat to die down I peruse the beer specials.

$10.35 for a six pack of genuine Pilsner Urquell!

Because I'm on the pushy I only buy 1 six-pack, then cut under the railway underpass and I'm on the backstreets and safe.

After a huge day (a whole other story) I come home.

Today, I had to walk to work because I left my bike at my mates place because it was raining very hard and my co-ordination and balance was not quite right.

So I'm walking home and I take a detour to the BWS to pick up the 2 six-packs I had left in their fridge. But they were gone.

I like to think they went to a conna-sewwa but it's Kyogle - probably just some drunk hillbilly saw a $10 sixer.

I would have posted this earlier but we have had sightings of a Bribie G in the neighbourhoud and he would have snaked my deal.

But the point of my story is $10 for six PU's. It was a pretty good day.

Bugger.

I rarely drink scotch but when I do it's boilermakers with a single malt and PU for chasers.

I'm going to get a pushie when I arrive there, it's no-pedal all the way down the hill from Geneva to said railway underpass. But I'll have to get a 15 speed so I can crank it back up the hill again. I gave my current bike to a buddy as it's a fixie single speed beach cruiser so quite impractical for Kyogle.

Saturday Aldi, $99 wood fired italian clay pizza ovens. I'll have just the spot for one.
edit: mexican actually, bet I can do ripper naan bread in one of those as well.

Bribie, these aren't the ovens on a metal frame that had caused fires when the bottom of the oven drops out. Can't recall where I read this so be careful.
Cheers

grott said:
Bribie, these aren't the ovens on a metal frame that had caused fires when the bottom of the oven drops out. Can't recall where I read this so be careful.
Cheers
According to the Australasian BBQ alliance on FB, they are known to fail by cracking in half or something along those lines. I guess that sort of vouchers for back up grott.

BCF have their crab cookers on sale again. I use this for BIAB. Added a 2200W element, ball valve and temp guage. I get 20ish litres out with a grain bill of around 5kg. The insert is really handy as you can line it with your bag then, when the mash is finished, you tie the bag off and lift the insert out and rest it on something (I use an old wire fridge shelf) above the pot to drain while you bring it up to a boil. If I get the urge to go multi-vessel one day, it'll become my HLT.

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Crab-Prawn-Cooker-37-8L.aspx?pid=215769&menuFrom=571656#Recommendations

I don't know if anyone really cares but Woolworths stores are deleting the homebrand draught cans so they're clearing them out at between 3 and 5 dollars a pop.

NikZak said:
I don't know if anyone really cares but Woolworths stores are deleting the homebrand draught cans so they're clearing them out at between 3 and 5 dollars a pop.
Interesting. My local store only just started stocking home brew supplies again, and with a better range than last time (many years ago).

NikZak said:
I'll buy a can and make up a swag of frozen pet bottle starters for that price.

NikZak said:
Not at Woolies Park Ridge. But they have moved them down to the bottom shelf!!

Back