• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shopping at your LHBS is a good thing. Keep it up Reedy!
No affiliation etc etc.

I also should have mentioned no affiliation with aforementioned LHBS

5KG cylinders $150 in Labrador. That was a while ago but he does all sizes. Converted fire extinguishers.

Only issue is the 5kg is taller than a keg fridge inside with reg on.

I grabbed some of the St Stefanus, nice for the price (ordered 6 they sent 12) but would struggle to justify the full retail $20 per bottle in my opinion.

But don't take my word for it, here is a "craft beer enthusiast" review from the DM website:

"Served at 5°C in two ice cold beer glasses, the colour was murky but vibrant with a strong aroma and a slow pour. Unfortunately it wasn't as fruity and full flavoured as we anticipated, and overall we were slightly disappointed.

Nonetheless, we are both convinced that the over ageing of the product had much to do with this. If it were poured at 6 months rather than 18 months we could expect these flavours to be much more full bodied and the bitter finish would be much more subtle".

Wish i got 12 for that price. I really enjoyed it but then ive never had a belgian blonde before. Beer or otherwise. I would definitely like to try a fresher batch but i dont think id pay 20 for a bottle. Maybe. Im inspired to try and brew my own. Sounds pretty simple going by Brewing Classic Styles.

Latest posts

Back