• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liquorland have Little Creatures Pale Ale for $54 a slab.
I have been boycotting my local one for years but that was enough to get me through the door again!

Scored 2 of these today :)
60L Wheelie Bin, was $18 now $10 from Masters
Easily holds a 25 full bag of grain and more

https://www.masters.com.au/product/101460760/style-selections-wheelie-bin-blue-60l

20160429_161820.jpg

20160429_161825.jpg

How strong are the wheels on those 60litre bins?
Just askin?
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zwitter said:
How strong are the wheels on those 60litre bins?
Just askin?
James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
With 25kg grain they roll along quite good

Noticed a bloke across the road from work was growing hops so I thought I'd stop by to ask what variety they were and if maybe he might have any rhizomes he would like to part with.

We got talking about brewing and all sorts and he told me to come back the following monday and he would have a bunch of super alpha rhizomes for me.

So I rock up after work and he has 4 lovely looking rhizomes wrapped and bagged he then says to come up the shed I've got some other things you might get some use out off.

He hands me a large old sink amd says it's his old bottle washing setup he hadn't used for 5-6yrs and had only used a handful of times. I look in the sink and there sits a dusty,but scarcely used, march pump and assorted brass fittings and other bits and pieces.

He then gets out 2 racks of bottles, one of largies one of stubbies, that he'd made for storage and drying. They have a removable base which reveals holes in the base for inverting after washing.

I ask him what he wants for the lot and he says nothing I tell him I can't I'll have to give you something and he adamantly tells me he doesn't want anything and is just happy someone will get some use out them.

So I reluctantly took them off his hands needless to say I will be dropping in a carton of my finest for him this week.

Cheers

anyone in the newcastle area that is K&K inclined. charlestown square BIG W have the entire coopers range on special.

original series $11
international series 12.80
ginger beer $10
500g malt box $6.50

and the DIY brew kit $120 down to $90.

still heaps left on the shelves all with late 2017 expire dates.

Defo on that been waiting for coopers online free shipping to order.
Will go bulk up thanks a bunch!

GibboQLD said:
They have pocket pH meters on sale at the moment too, by the looks of things -- $82.50 for one of these jobbies:

610_meter.jpg
Not having looked into these yet, does the temp correction range matter? This states 0-60C. But I imagine you'd want to take a mid-mash pH reading or even pre-boil so temps will be above 60C. Thoughts?

Temperature compensation does not really work in this instance, mashing liquor at ambient has a different pH to that at elevated temperature.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Not having looked into these yet, does the temp correction range matter? This states 0-60C. But I imagine you'd want to take a mid-mash pH reading or even pre-boil so temps will be above 60C. Thoughts?

Mardoo said:
Get a bit of wort in a shallow dish and let it cool. That's what I did when I was still using a pH meter.
How do you measure your pH now?

Not at all speaking on behalf of Mardoo, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and assume he doesn't bother.

Latest posts

Back