• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew Matt said:
How do you measure your pH now?

Tahoose said:
Not at all speaking on behalf of Mardoo, but I'm going to take a stab in the dark and assume he doesn't bother.
I found about 10 times in a row that the pH estimates from Brew'n Water were within 0.05 of a point of where I wanted to be. That's according to my meter, which I calibrated every time I brewed, stored in storage solution, and seemed to be a decent meter, but not a great one. Also, this is with Melbourne water, which is pretty damn near a blank canvas. Once my meter karked it, I decided to not get another at the moment. I've started shopping around though, so figure I will before too long.

Not knowing you measure the pH at a cold to ambient temp probably indicates I'm not ready to be measuring my pH. Back to the books hahaha

sixfignig said:
Cheers for that, perfect time to pickup a copper pancake to make an IC (18m 1/2" for $91)
I was going to build the coil for my HERMS, but the mrs is already cracking the shits about me buying the drill, best not push it...

The word is that Woolworths with be rid of Masters by January so i guess there will a lot bargains between now and then.

I don't think they are selling the chain, pretty sure they are just selling the locations/buildings. POCO is apparently looking at a few of them, which is disappointing because that place is an absolute shocker. I'll have to keep my eye out for some discounts at masters now though!

yeah would be handy for a HERMS or a small sparge urn for a BIABer

Batz said:
Take that ad into DJ's and they will match the price. Something very satisfying about that. Also when you smash one you've only done $6.50 or so, as opposed to $13...

Peters of Kensington do the same deal/price as VB...um, Victorias Basement...
http://www.petersofkensington.com.au/Public/Spiegelau-Beer-Classics-India-Pale-Ale-Pay-for-4-Get-6-Pk.aspx

Or Dans will sell you 2 for the same price as 6.... :blink:
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_823228/spiegelau-beer-classics-ipa-glasses-twin-pack

Latest posts

Back