Wa Christmas Case Swap 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh crap you reminded me that I should get me labels sorted. Time just keeps disappearing at present. Are we all sorted for beer and food on the day?
Food is in the planning stage, at this stage looks like legs of lamb done on the spit with rolls and gravy as the main fare. Turkish breads with dips etc as fill foods.
I think a few people are considering bringing Crays and fish or what ever they can catch. All are welcome to bring something to share, just let me know in advance and mention it here.
Nev

Cool sounds good. I can take some campfire wood if you need? And can bring along some cheese and crackers?

My saison has been bloody cursed. First one fermenter leaked, then another, so I had to combine them. I still have one more up my sleeve though.

Sure you dint drink it ? :rolleyes:
Seriously, I have a soured one that leaked 5L onto floor through thread and I have a non-soured one which was stacked and the fermenter below gave in, and it dropped to the ground, perfectly vertical, though opened the tap slightly on the way down and all bar 5L leaked through the floorboards, so they were combined. It was a bitch of a brew too with gummy adjuncts, so I am pissed, lucky I did a triple batch.

I prefer the blown glass jobbies. But It would be handy to have plastic, due to the fact that I may forget. Which is not that likely, I usually have a pint in the car for unforeseen reasons.

I can bring 20 or so 425mL pilsner glasses.

I'll drink out of a trough if need be. Pots are splashing tomorrow, lets hope the crays do the righty and hop in.......
Cheers
BBB

Well what a pain in the ass this brew has been. Just will not drop out even after a week cold crashing (fcking Windsor?) so I have bottled tonight so hopefully will drop out at some point so might be worthwhile saving til one of the later consumed beers. I got exactly 24 bottles with some dregs in a smaller to taste prior.

Well what a pain in the ass this brew has been. Just will not drop out even after a week cold crashing (fcking Windsor?) so I have bottled tonight so hopefully will drop out at some point so might be worthwhile saving til one of the later consumed beers. I got exactly 24 bottles with some dregs in a smaller to taste prior.
Should have started in February :lol:
Mine is still not in bottles :eek:
Nev

Haha I had all the best intentions but I only have excuses now.

What is it about these case swap beers.... The english brown I was brewing was the worst thing i've ever tasted. I ended up pouring it down the sink and starting again. You all dodged a bullet on that one!

After crying over spilt beer I am now excepting my loss and moving on and will be submitting a Black IPA. Thankfully this ones bottled up and aging gracefully (i hope)

Bottled mine up last weekend. I was reminded why I moved to kegging all those years ago. Special bitter low on the carbonation.

Hope you good gentlemen like Styrians! :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back