*2015 WA Biggo Beer Case Swap*

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
Looking for an expression of interest and ideas from the big beer brewers of WA to join in a case swap.
My initial thoughts are for the cooler months next year say August-September 2015, this will allow some good maturation time on the beers and allow any bottle bombs to be pre exploded.
I would like to keep it down to 12 brewers, no extract, no wannabies , just honest big beer brewers .
So 12 x 750 ml bottles to swap and 2 to bring on the day for tastings, gives 125ml taste of each beer on the day , thats 1.5l of Biggo per brewer :icon_drool2:
Thinking, put a tasting notes sheet together and score sheet and have a bit of a comp thing and give prize for the brewers favorite beer, nothing too complex just a score out of 10 ?
I will put the day on here in The Dean.
Forgot 8% ABV and over, or stay home .
Nev

1 Nev
2 ?

They say that you can take the boy out of the Dean, but you can't take the Dean out of the boy!

No styles selected?

1 Nev
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
4 Dent - Eis imperial stout 15%+

1 Nev
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33

I'm brewing a double IPA on Tuesday so by the time this case swap comes around I should be onto the 3 edition

1 Nev
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA

We are half way there for the limit in under 24 hours so I am impressed. :)
I am knocking out a Baltic Porter next week, If I get my lowest attenuation rate (73%) it will just get up to 8% any better attenuation and its over the line.
Cant go too big on a Baltic or it will suffer drink-ability, its all about drink-ability.
Nev

Imperial Trippel?

Great idea Nev. very envious. Even considered being the Victorian entry, but we'll just have to steal your idea. Have fun boys.

Mardoo said:
Imperial Trippel?

Great idea Nev. very envious. Even considered being the Victorian entry, but we'll just have to steal your idea. Have fun boys.
I think I can push a Dopple to 16% and make it drinkable , it remains to be proven .
Vic can steal the idea but just add the WA "Biggo" and we are good to go . :beer:
Nev

Alright. I'm onboard. Had a project in mind for a while. If it doesn't work out, I'll bail out.

The beer will be based on To Ol - Yeastus Christus, one of the best beers I've ever had!

1 Nev
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
7 Stalking Wilbur - Farmhouse IIPA

Added style

1 Nev - Imperial Dopple Bock
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey