*2015 WA Biggo Beer Case Swap*

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 Nev - Imperial Dopple Bock
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey - Something Belgium
4 Dent - Eis imperial stout 15%+
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
7 Stalking Wilbur - Farmhouse IIPA

2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey - Something Belgian*
5 keifer33 - Imperial Brown Porter/India Export Porter
6 danestead - Double IPA

No pro brewer but I'm keen in bali at the moment will have to update my style when I get home.

2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
8 Rad - ?

Online Brewing Supplies said:
India Export Porter , now I like the sounds of that :)
May have to steal/borrow that name.
Ive been reading too many books :p

RAD1 said:
No pro brewer but I'm keen in bali at the moment will have to update my style when I get home.

2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
8 Rad - ?
How did that beer with 1388 turn out ?
Its a good yeast for a biggo, made my Barley wine with it. Practically no Belgian phenolic , which is the way I like it.

Not to sure tried it last week I think it's still a little green can't remember what % it came out at.

I birthed a bouncing baby Baltic Porter today, weighed in at 21.3 Plato and resting well at 10c.
Brewer and baby doing well, a bit of TLC and this thing will go close to 9% B)
A two hour boil gives you plenty of time to think of the next big one.
Nev

I conceived a Double IPA today, just need to fertilise it tomorrow when I wake up. Due date is 24th November, weighing in at 1.073 and close to 8.5%. When I dumped 100g of hops in at 15mins I got told off for stinking the house out. Funny thing was that I was in the garage!

I've already got a DIPA at 9% on tap that used over a kg of hops for a 45L batch. I thought you guys said we were going big :p

StalkingWilbur said:
I've already got a DIPA at 9% on tap that used over a kg of hops for a 45L batch. I thought you guys said we were going big :p
I was making a mid strength for the swap day, next one will be the twins, Dopple and Bock.
Nev

My first attempt at what will ultimately become a better version for the blow your head off case swap has been bubbling away for 2 days now. Dano's Lupulin Shift DIPA, 1.073, Amarillo, Chinook, Simcoe. Wyeast 1217 West coast IPA had eaten 15pts worth 28hrs from pitching. I've never seen a yeast with such a short lag and energy. It's bubbling like a mad man. At this rate I'll be doing the first of 2 dry hops in 2 days time. Smells great :)

Checked my grain stocks and I can hardly conceive a 4% porter. Definitely need to restock asap.

2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
8 Rad - ?
9 Neander - ..Been thinking of doing a double Muddy water again as one of my fuckups tuned out shit hot. Black IIPA.

2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
8 Rad - ?
9 Neander - ..Been thinking of doing a double Muddy water again as one of my fuckups tuned out shit hot. Black IIPA.
10 Lukas - will advise

My version 1 Danos Lupulin Shift Double IPA qualified for this case swap today ticking over 8.1% :) as its fermenting out.

Nice!

I'm going to brew my first crack at it next week. Going to be a complete shot in the dark, so need time to adjust recipe and rebrew.

Back