*2015 WA Biggo Beer Case Swap*

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean skimping on entires just feels alot nicer pouring a beer from a glass bottle than a plastic one. Also means for someone not sharing or feeling like a whole bottle they can then age some for a big longer.

Yeah, very valid points. I was just assuming glass bottles for some reason anyway. Forgot about case swap and plastic... I would much prefer glass, but I also like being safe.

If you want to do stubbies then that is ok but got to say I am still concerned about bottle bombs. Biggos' can be tricky to bottle condition at the best of times, if its been conditioned for four years then I recon its safe.
If not plan on kegging then counter pressure filling into glass that way removing the potential exploding biggo.
I have a CPF if anyone wants to borrow it but at this stage it only does tallies unless i cut the filler tube down ?
I think we need to come to an agreement here ?
WE need to keep this safe.

StalkingWilbur said:
I drink massive beers all the time
You're the only man I've seen suck down a pint of 10% baltic and come back for seconds. So, yeah

How about "Non bottle conditioned entires are welcome in glass". I know I'll be CPBFilling my entry, fat chance in hell a 15% beer would carb up anyhow.

Yeah. I'll keg and borrow your cpbf if I don't get one before hand if that's okay, Nev.

dent said:
You're the only man I've seen suck down a pint of 10% baltic and come back for seconds. So, yeah

How about "Non bottle conditioned entires are welcome in glass". I know I'll be CPBFilling my entry, fat chance in hell a 15% beer would carb up anyhow.
Ok No Bottle condition beers in glass except the 4 year barley wine.
I think anything with 12 months or more of bottle conditioning can be called safe, so get some happening for 2016 Biggo swap :)

StalkingWilbur said:
Yeah. I'll keg and borrow your cpbf if I don't get one before hand if that's okay, Nev.
Ok no problems. I may cut it down to do stubbies.

Looks like I'm good to go. Got 9 kingies and 5 stubbies.

1 Nev - Imperial Dopple Bock
2 Mitch_76
3 Mikey
4 Dent - Eis imperial stout 15%+
5 keifer33
6 danestead - Double IPA
7 Stalking Wilbur - Farmhouse IIPA
8 Rad - ?
9 Neander - ..Been thinking of doing a double Muddy water again as one of my fuckups tuned out shit hot. Black IIPA.
10 Lukas - will advise
11 Velu- weizenbock
12 Drew9242 - American Barley Wine (should be aged 5 years by the time of the event)

Will hopefully brew mine in a few weeks. Going to have to pay you a visit for some grain Nev.

I am planning on doing a big version of muddy waters.
I am not quite doubling the original recipe as I think that will over balance things.

Grain will be something like
Pale 78%
Carapils 9%
Crystal 40 9%
Midnight Wheat 3%
Pale Choc 2%

Would there be anythting else I should add to make sure the grain bill provides a decent body with a med malty backing for the Citra, Amarillo and Cascade hops.

Rolled oats maybe?

Im thinking for a 10.5% the beer might need a little more than my standard Black IPA.

The Flavour Country has about 10% in crystal malts, that seems to retain the balance pretty well. I find the bigger beers tend to have plenty of malt character just from the base malt anyhow.

I noticed that but get back on the 23rd so doesn't quite work.

Are you planning a 2016 version of this as I think I could be keen on coming over for shits and giggles, I'm going to be brewing some bigguns over the holidays to use up 50kg of malt and they should be aged nicely by then

Did a date get set for this?

Dent, have you been in touch with Nev to organise a date or even a more specific month rather than August/Sept? Just planning out my PRBS and Biggo Swap brews.

Back