Vicbrew 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Mark's email. Looks like I'm stewarding cat 17 - famhouse and wild (whatever that is). Should go and read up on the styles to see what I'll be in for.

AKA Witbier, Saison, Biere De Gard, Flanders Red, Flanders Brown, Berliner Weiss, Lambic, Gueuze & Fruit Lambic.

Would love to judge this category but I have a Saison in there.

AKA Witbier, Saison, Biere De Gard, Flanders Red, Flanders Brown, Berliner Weiss, Lambic, Gueuze & Fruit Lambic.

me too. hmmm funnk beers

Im not being a hard arse, im just ensuring the entries people PAY for and want correct feedback on get judged correctly. I dont think thats too much to ask for.
It's not too much to ask for, but you're going to be in for a 2 looooong days, hopefully we all feel the same on Sunday evening. :)

Cheers. Been flicking through the AABC guidelines at work this morning. I realised that I don't know much about any of these styles so should be a good opportunity to learn about some new beer styles.

At 7.40am on a Saturday, that hurts. :)

Are you on the same train? If so see you on the 4th carriage, 4 being a lucky number only.

greaaaaat :icon_vomit:

Still, happy to help out and see how a comp is actually run

Your still alive after drinking my entry on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing everyone, unfortunantly I wont be sticking around after my cat is done so,, good luck to everyone and have a good time!

Are you on the same train? If so see you on the 4th carriage, 4 being a lucky number only.
I was going to be, but Mark was kind and let me sleep in (there were issues with judges and so they are splitting the category over 2 days).

Does anyone know how to go about receiving feedback/scoresheets for vicbrew? I presume they will email/mail them back to us? Cheers

A great weekend - top work by the VicBrew committee - a very smooth running comp, especially considering the number of enteries!!

Top work to all who ce down and helped out stewarding, judging or other activities!!

Congrats to all who placed - some great beers in there - look out Nationals cause here come the Vics!!

Cheers

Brendo

when are we expecting the Vicbrew 2010 results? If patience is a virtue I am virtueless

A great weekend and some great beers.Thanks to all involved.Pale lagers should be eliminated from the guidelines!!! :icon_vomit:

It was def great to get involved. I couldn't have imagined how much the comp processed if I had not went to help. And the guys there were all amazing about educating a noob like me :)

Pale lager can be wonderful and the most difficult. Like St George they are excellent at their best.

true,very true :rolleyes:time for me to put my beer where my mouth is and brew one for next year :chug: thanks to Andy D and Shelley for the assistance with judging and sharing your knowledge :D

Back