Vicbrew 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haysie

homebrewing is the art of over analysing
Reaction score
Folks, No reference anywhere on AHB to VICBREW 2010, heaps of ANHC banners, NSW, WA, QLD have a thread, wheres ours?.
Are the mighty Vic`s hosting this ? I am sure we are.. so lets get brewing and entering , look after our own backyard and keep the QLD`ers where they finished last year.......... Last! :beerbang:

Interested ? http://vicbrew.org/

Only entered one comp previously. Have a couple of beers at the moment I'm pretty happy with so I might chuck some in and see how they go.

Cheers haysie.

crap! knew it was close but didnt think it was that close! Yikes!

Funny, haven't even heard a call for judges yet either. maybe its alittle too early.

crap! knew it was close but didnt think it was that close! Yikes!

Funny, haven't even heard a call for judges yet either. maybe its alittle too early.

Its only about 5 weeks away closing! The committee will call up when need be, in the meantime BREW BREW BREW.

I`ll keep bumping this til the goats/cows come home. Come on Vics!!

Only entered one comp previously. Have a couple of beers at the moment I'm pretty happy with so I might chuck some in and see how they go.

Cheers haysie.

I am sure 2 be sure they may poll well. Good Luck and please keep them coming!

Robust porter, sweet stout and altbier in the bottles. 5 weeks will do them no harm.

I must say using marris otter instead of JW ale has made a massive difference to my beers. Much richer.

Robust porter, sweet stout and altbier in the bottles. 5 weeks will do them no harm.

I must say using marris otter instead of JW ale has made a massive difference to my beers. Much richer.

Your on the money for ales I did a pseudo helles using Marris Otter with wyeast bavarian, its a shocker! In any ale I wouldnt use anything else but M/O and bits n pieces of course

Have an Oatmeal stout I'm really happy with, and just finished bottling a Dry stout I want to put in as well (first time entering a comp).

Might just have time to knock out an Ordinary Bitter as well if I pull my finger out and brew Friday night.

Have an Oatmeal stout I'm really happy with, and just finished bottling a Dry stout I want to put in as well (first time entering a comp).

Might just have time to knock out an Ordinary Bitter as well if I pull my finger out and brew Friday night.

Great WarmBeer, you know the measuring stick, i.e Siborg and Fergs, get into it mate ! Keep the word pumping.

Have a Belgian Strong that did modestly well last year.

Have tweaked that recipe and hope it takes me further on the new version.

Couple of other things kicking around that will be going in methinks but have to have a look in the cellar.

Go Vics! :beerbang:

Hopper.

Go Hopper :super:

i made some good lagers that i thought i would test the water with Oktoberfest, its all fun, throw it in and see where you go

I'll bring a couple of samplers wednesday night to get same feedback so I can try and get another brew or put those in.

Crikey...two beers in fermenters, but I fear only one will make the time cut...

Crikey...two beers in fermenters, but I fear only one will make the time cut...

weizens are your friend! :icon_cheers:

Kinda works out well as a DunkelWeizen and a Hefeweizen are on my hit list.

Depending on how my latest historical beer venture goes i might also enter that into the specialty cat at vicbrew as well (i wont disclose incase a judge is reading this).

That may be so, but never brewed a weizen before lol. Got a good recipe I can win with?:p

Have an Australian Ale (probably enter as a lager) that's been in a fermenter for a week, and an Australian lager I'll be pitching yeast onto tonight...might be a struggle to have a good beer out of that second one by the entry date!

Question for you, having sugar in the Australian lager, does that make it a partial on the entry form? Or is it an AG...as that's the way Fosters make 'em?

Is there a calendar anywhere with all the comp dates? I'm not ready to submit something for vicbrew, but would be interested in entering a comp or two in the next 12 months or so.

Is there a calendar anywhere with all the comp dates? I'm not ready to submit something for vicbrew, but would be interested in entering a comp or two in the next 12 months or so.

Click on "Events Calendar" on the VicBrew website...not chronological, but has all the important dates.

Back