Never posted? Post now!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

431neb

Reaction score
OK full disclosure. As my post count tonight might attest, I'm on holiday in a place where there is nothing to do but fish, drink and surf the net on the only communication available to me; my pre paid iPad.

I'm away from my beloved brewery and bar and I'm sick of James Squire stubbies and smashed my way through a bottle of Shiraz so please forgive me the typos and grammatical errors.

To the point.... I got sick of pestering people and adding my limited experience to various threads and I started doing a little of what I'm going to call "data mining" (cos I sounds clever and important).

I'm recording the relevant information with a crayon that my kids have helpfully left lying on the table within arms reach. They are asleep ( thank God ! one of them was a proper turd today).

The number I wrote down with the aforementioned crayon was 478. Why is that significant? Apart from being the earliest verifiable date in Japanese history( love the Internet) - 478 is the page on which the last member with only one post appears - ie page 478 is where the list of AHB members that have made one post only, transfers to members who have made zero posts. Again you are saying what is this pisshead fisherman crapping on about? I got a cracker fish today by the way......

OK, the number 478 on its own is fairly insignificant but when you consider that the member list runs to 1560 pages it starts to get interesting.

This is where my proposal... Please refer back to the thread title - I know it's been a while since you read it...kicks in.

I'm gonna use caps now because finding how to BOLD text on the iPad is way too hard.I'm not being rude, truly..

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER POSTED, PLEASE POST NOW!!

Bloody hell there is a legion of you people! I know that there are heaps of you that are still actively looking at the forum from the stats that can be seen a the bottom of the screen so don't be shy ...Speak up! The diversity of our community is what keeps it vibrant. If you have an opinion or a comment just fire up and be part of the fun.

If nothing else hop in and take the piss out of me. It's easy and it might give someone a giggle.

I know some of the old hands won't be shy in coming forward, indeed I would be great to "wake up" some of the legendary posters of old.

Fire up!

Please refer back to the thread title - I know it's been a while since you read it...kicks in.

Sorry but I got bored at the crayons and numbers of crayons and Japanese history. Yawn.

Bit harsh. He admitted drinking a bottle of plonk. That horrid crap will **** with ya mind. May have sampled to much of the Yarnie On the "fishing trip" too from the sounds of it.

I am probably one of the guilty ones you're talking about. Spend a lot of time on here reading without contributing much.

I am only a Kits & Bits brewer - have been accused of only being a "mixer, not really a brewer". That's OK, I still have my mates bluffed that I am producing beer that they are quite happy to consume while on the golf course.

It's nice to see you are drinking shiraz & supporting the wine industry & keeping me in a job. :super:

Good on ya g. I have quite a few mates that have tried some of my kit brews and they reckon they would give up their usual beer if they could buy it from dans.(lazy pricks could make it themselves instead of drinking mine though). Don't be concerned about giving advice or sharing experiences on here. You get the occasional arsehole who will be dismissive or derogatory but **** em , every one of them started at the beginning.

And as for my wine comment. I just don't like sour grapes. And I drink everything like beer. So waking up in a pool of my vomit is quite unappealing. :icon_vomit:

I had a feeling that the fish might get more interest than the original idea. It wasn't a small fry SmallFry.

ArgM said:
What colour crayon was it?
''twas green ArgM. Technically not a crayon but I don't want to bore steve any more....

Steve said:
Sorry but I got bored at the crayons and numbers of crayons and Japanese history. Yawn.
musbus said:
Ok. My first post. Now what.
Great to see that you appear to have hit the lofty total of 6 posts musbus. I'll post you the crayon as a reward.

I guess pondering the silent majority on AHB and the resultant post was a mixed success. I would encourage avid readers to become posters as their experiences will almost always benefit others whether right or wrong. Don't let the ambiguity of the internet scare you off - The vast majority of AHB members are bloody lovely people, all willing to help (even if some of us are a bit pickled at times!).

PS The fish was a black bream. Probably didn't hit 400 mm but one should never let the truth get in the the way of a fishing story.

Latest posts

Back