Vicbrew 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
and 3 feedback sheets are always preferable, that's 3 opinions on what was good/not good and certainly makes for better value to the entrant.

C'mon Vics, get involved lend a hand (or a palate)

Or your hand up for saturday. wink wink, nudge nudge! ;)

Got to love being a judge on a 3 judge table. Got to hate being in the largest category. :(

Or your hand up for saturday. wink wink, nudge nudge! wink.gif
6 hours, 36 entries, 10 minutes an entry, frees you up to judge on a 2 judge table on sunday mate... remember 10 minutes! Train that hand up :lol:

(revised plans dictates I needed saturday for another purpose)

Pilsners and Strong Stouts for me this year... would be great to see more lend a hand!!

Surely people can't be interested in the GF replay - it is only Collingwood and St kilda again - I am sure that they can find a way to collectively balls it up two weeks running :ph34r:

Pilsners and Strong Stouts for me this year... would be great to see more lend a hand!!

Enjoy the strong stouts bud, last year was really good with some very tasty entries. Im hoping for your sake the standard is still up in that category. :icon_cheers:

I sent an e mail to Mark H a while ago ,but no reply,about stewarding.Idid it last year and i'm keen again.Can anyone pm me his contact details? Time is getting short :icon_chickcheers:

6 hours, 36 entries, 10 minutes an entry, frees you up to judge on a 2 judge table on sunday mate... remember 10 minutes! Train that hand up :lol:

(revised plans dictates I needed saturday for another purpose)
13 entrioes, 10 min an entry should mean im done judging by 11:30am. i'll swap over to stewarding to help out if needed.

its ashame i cant offer up more time than just sat morning.

Ill have to remember to bring a sack for some bottles also.

So who else (non-judging/stewarding) is going?

I haven't been to the Belgian since I last worked at the observation deck. I'm going to G&G in the morning but would definitely love to head there on the way back.

So who else (non-judging/stewarding) is going?

I haven't been to the Belgian since I last worked at the observation deck. I'm going to G&G in the morning but would definitely love to head there on the way back.

The Vicbrew judging is done upstairs & isn't open for general business. The Farmhouse & Wild category only has 2 judges & judging isn't starting until 12:30pm...

And lets hope SOME of the judges remember that it's supposed to be approximately10 minutes per flight,not 20 .. :p Although it does give stewards more time to sample the entries :icon_cheers:

The Vicbrew judging is done upstairs & isn't open for general business. The Farmhouse & Wild category only has 2 judges & judging isn't starting until 12:30pm...
Meh, I was just looking for an excuse to head over to the Belgian. Never mind then.

I think there is very very little hope of that happening, especially given this instruction to stewards:
"Stewards should NOT open the competition entries until directed by the judges"
Hence bottles can't be opened and jugs poured until the last judge has finished, so that adds another at least 2-5mins to each entry.

Given the style, I predict closer to 20mins per entry, which means we're in for an epic 12 hour ride of weird and wonderful beer. :)
Meh, I was just looking for an excuse to head over to the Belgian. Never mind then.
Come and help instead, even if you can't get there 'till lunchtime, there are many stewards who have to manage 2 flights and given the number of entries, I'm sure they will carry over to the afternoon.

13 entrioes, 10 min an entry should mean im done judging by 11:30am. i'll swap over to stewarding to help out if needed.

its ashame i cant offer up more time than just sat morning.

Ill have to remember to bring a sack for some bottles also.

If their all Carlsberg Elephant clones we should be done very quickly! <_< *tongue in cheek of course*

i assume the start times are the same as last year? About9am assembly for stewards/judges,and a 9.30am start to judging? :unsure:

i assume the start times are the same as last year? About9am assembly for stewards/judges,and a 9.30am start to judging? :unsure:
9:15 for 9:30 start on Saturday & 9:45 for 10 start on Sunday.

I think there is very very little hope of that happening, especially given this instruction to stewards:
"Stewards should NOT open the competition entries until directed by the judges"
Hence bottles can't be opened and jugs poured until the last judge has finished, so that adds another at least 2-5mins to each entry.
really? I thought the job of a steward was to pay attention and have the beer ready for the judges. The jusges shouldnt have to tell stewards to open beer. if you get what im getting at. The steward did a great job at westgate brewers stout extravaganza and we the judges didnt say a word to them, other than at one stage a few of the beers were a little cold. judges are there to judge not run the stewarding side of things IMO. I want to be able to concentrate on judging the beer in front of me, not having to worry about the beer to come next. but of course ill just do as im told.

If their all Carlsberg Elephant clones we should be done very quickly! <_< *tongue in cheek of course*
bahahaha. lets hope they arent all eisbocks! we'll be knackered. bring on the bocks.

I'd like to help out with stewarding so I can get an insight into how competitions work. I will then have inside knowledge to assist me in my ultimate plan to become SUPREME BREWER OF THE UNIVERSE!!
Anyway, back on topic. Can anyone tell me approximately what time the Sunday arvo session is likely to finish? SWMBO won't give me a leave pass unless I know when I'll be home :(

hey Haysie and CM2 if your doing the strong lager then I'm the other judge. I got the email last night and told Mike I was a noob etc..if you really needed someone then I could try to assist, so if you 2 can assist/guide/correct me that would be great. If you think im not right just push me off the chair or suggest I have some beers between tastings :) (as that should get me thrown out)

Back