Vicbrew 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed last week and haven't heard anything yet. Should i email again?
I haven't heard back from mark yet about whether I'm needed or not. If they want more help then they should probay contact those that have contacted them
I'm not involved in VicBrew in any organizational way, so I can't answer your question(s).
All I know is that Mark replied to my email when I suggested that he could schedule me to help with the Specialty Beers category.
He asked that I try to drum up some additional interest from AHB users, since all the help they can get is most appreciated.

Mark is still looking for people, so pm me and i'll get you details to him.

Andy

I performed what we call in the industry a 'ChrisTaylor'. ;)

Im sure you can work it out!

bombers_b52_0008.jpg

Ah yes. Tails is the master :super: . A prolific brewer indeed who takes the term 'Be in it to win it' to the next level. I bow down before him.
He has proven there is method in such multiple entry madness.

The shot is misleading though - each one of those little bombs should be a bottle in a seperate category :lol:

Maybe I should be nervous - hopefully he hasn't entered too many explosions of flavour in the Belgian or lager categories. I'd like to pick up some sort of table scrap. Yet to get off the starting block with even a placing above 5th yet.

Hopper.

Just for shits sake say. Checking out the closing dates of other states and the date for Nats. To the untrained eye, I see Victoria disadvantaged. i.e I cant see placegetters at Vicbrew2010 brewing another beer and being ready in 10 days time. Yet other states placegetters have had considerable time to brew and enter "another" beer.
Is this right? If I placed a wheat? by oath I would love the chance to brew it again and enter it as fresh as an example as possible. Without the background knowledge, why do the states hold their comps so wide apart from the nats?
Either way, its worth mentioning before we smash em at the Nats.
Go Vics!

Just for shits sake say. Checking out the closing dates of other states and the date for Nats. To the untrained eye, I see Victoria disadvantaged. i.e I cant see placegetters at Vicbrew2010 brewing another beer and being ready in 10 days time. Yet other states placegetters have had considerable time to brew and enter "another" beer.
Is this right? If I placed a wheat? by oath I would love the chance to brew it again and enter it as fresh as an example as possible. Without the background knowledge, why do the states hold their comps so wide apart from the nats?
Either way, its worth mentioning before we smash em at the Nats.
Go Vics!

The only thing that would make much sense to me is the AFL finals would possibly be a deterant to potential judges and/or stewards. Vicbrew has always been the 1st weekend in October as opposed to the last weekend, 2nd last weekend in September.

I know what your saying in regards to certain styles and being fresh but I doubt many of the beers that are entered into the AABC are freshly brewed versions of those that won their respective state comps.

The only thing that would make much sense to me is the AFL finals would possibly be a deterant to potential judges and/or stewards. Vicbrew has always been the 1st weekend in October as opposed to the last weekend, 2nd last weekend in September.

well it looks like the AFL has thrown a spanner into those plans havn't they! :p

well it looks like the AFL has thrown a spanner into those plans havn't they! :p

Indeed they have! As someone who paid $270 for a ticket to go yesterday, I will not be paying that, or any amount, to go next week. Bring on the beer judging!

#bump#
Guys n Gals, the footy replay has obviously thrown a spanner in the works. Numbers of stewards and judges were incomplete prior to a Grand Final replay.
Helpers are required NOW! so the organisers can get the schedule of judges and stewards organised.

If your thinking about it and have the time please drop the organisers an email ( thers an address up there :rolleyes: somewhere) or pm myself and I will forward on.

Cheers

I performed what we call in the industry a 'ChrisTaylor'. ;)

Im sure you can work it out!

bombers_b52_0008.jpg

Though I would like to take credit for this method of increasing chances of taking out champion brewer I think you will find that I am but a mere practitioner and definetly not the originator of this technique. There are many ahead of me in the queue here, and I would have to say I am not even the most sucessful at it (look at Robin Brown if you want to see someone that really knows how to do it).

Also think you will all be very dissapointed to know I am taking a break from competitions at the moment (... not)

Best of luck to you all, and may the proud tradition of carpet bombing bring result in another champion brewer this year :)

Best of luck to you all, and may the proud tradition of carpet bombing bring result in another champion brewer this year :)

you're a skilled one at that Chris! ;)

with my 10 entries most likely bombing out as per usual, i consider myselfe a mere passenger in the art of carpet bombing. im just happy to be one of the numbers to help make placing that much more difficult. ;)

good luck to all. Especially the carpet bombers! :D

whats carpetbombing? define it please?
Is it entering too many entries? I thought this was good for a competition, let the judges decide the beer not the brewer. Confused with this carpet thing??
I recall a MB competition recently that was restricted thanks to paypal, which was heavily influenced by just a few, carpetbombing or bad orginisation?.

Carpet bombing; an extensive and systematic bombing intended to devastate a large target

Carpet bombing; an extensive and systematic bombing intended to devastate a large target
Somehow my interpretation is....... a bloke called Darren (not me) come up with that carpet bombing thing and peeps have run n hung on the coattails of it.

Me thinks its a shame that fair n decent brewers would get tagged with such nonsense.

So the judging draft schedule is sent, quite a few categories only have 2 judges which is a shame as last year every category had 3 I believe.

More stewards are being sought as well.

So the judging draft schedule is sent, quite a few categories only have 2 judges which is a shame as last year every category had 3 I believe. More stewards are being sought as well.

Got to love being a judge on a 3 judge table. Got to hate being in the largest category. :(

I guess thats what you deserve when you carpet bomb everything else! :p Atleast its a seachange from having done nothing but 6%+ categories previously.

I was thinking i was going to become the high gravity master the way i was going.

So the judging draft schedule is sent, quite a few categories only have 2 judges which is a shame as last year every category had 3 I believe.

More stewards are being sought as well.
+1
and 3 feedback sheets are always preferable, that's 3 opinions on what was good/not good and certainly makes for better value to the entrant.

C'mon Vics, get involved lend a hand (or a palate)

Latest posts

Back