Vic Xmas Anytime Case.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is everyone's brews going for this?

<snip>

Cheers for now, can't wait for the swap!

JS

Mine's done, bottled & waiting/ageing. :)

I should be able to pick up a few batches on the way to either distribution point. :beer:

Just need to assemble my CPBF and will be ready to go. Still undecided on the Brown Ale or APA.

Cheers, Andrew.

I've had mine in bottles for a while now, been well over a month since I ran out of my part of that batch so I dont know how it tastes by now, i assume even better.

I have a more recent batch done with the same yeast (3944) but at a (only slightly) higher temp and it's come out tasting reasonably strongly of what i think, from what I've been reading, is phenolic . It's apparently a trait of the yeast but i havent tasted it in the previous two batches using the strain so i dont know if it's the higher temp bringing out that characteristic or if i bollocksed the latest batch.

is there anyone knowledgable about witbiers involved in the swap? I'd throw in an extra one of the latest batch to find out if it's just on the strong end of the style or if its something else

Mine's been bottled for about 2 weeks now, so i thought it about time i had a sampler. I was a little disappointed by the clarity, but it should get better with time I guess. I would probably chuck in some more aroma hops next time too. I'm my own worst critic thats for sure!

cheers guys

vl.

Mine is kegged, has been for 4 weeks, I won't bottle it until a few days before the drop off. :D

Same here but 2 weeks !

Just have to go and get some bottle's :blink: and build a CPBF :blink:

How is everyone's brews going for this?

<snip>

Cheers for now, can't wait for the swap!

JS

Mine's done, bottled & waiting/ageing. :)

I should be able to pick up a few batches on the way to either distribution point. :beer:

I'll be out of town for both the drop of & pick up dates - if you're happy to take mine, will drop off prior. Will PM you.

Cheers

Mark

Mine is kegged, has been for 4 weeks, I won't bottle it until a few days before the drop off. :D

Same here but 2 weeks !

Just have to go and get some bottle's :blink: and build a CPBF :blink:
G'day Lukes, I fill mine from the tap. Haven't had any problems, I just chill the bottles first and pour with as low as pressure as possible. The small amount of foam in the neck will push out the O2. :D

Mine is kegged, has been for 4 weeks, I won't bottle it until a few days before the drop off.

Same here but 2 weeks !

Just have to go and get some bottle's and build a CPBF
G'day Lukes, I fill mine from the tap. Haven't had any problems, I just chill the bottles first and pour with as low as pressure as possible. The small amount of foam in the neck will push out the O2.

Razz,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
That's my plan using a modified party type tap with stopper and a bit of tubing on it to fill from the bottom.
I fill a few using this sort of method but are gone in a day or 2. :party:
I just fill up PET bottles and use home made carb caps from tyre valves to carb them up if I am going somewere.
If I get the beer real cold it should not be a problem.

Luke

Time for an update.

My brew is ready to deliver, as is Mark_M's, which I also have. He will be away at swap time.

If anyone wants a drop off closer to the city I'm happy to take your brew to either swap venue. :)

G'day guys,

I havent been around much lately, except to check on this thread occasionally and the VIC swap is getting real close now, so I thought it probably a good time to double check everyones still in.

As far as Im aware this is the final list and the preferred drop off point, although there are still a few question marks here and there. I apologise if I have missed anything or anyone in advance. :ph34r:

Millet Man HirseBier (hoppers xing)
lucas Belgian Wit (eastern drop off)
scotsdalebrewery Honey Vanilla Lager (eastern drop off)
darkhorse Irish Red Ale (eastern drop off)
Lukes Aussie Ale (eastern drop off)
James Squire American Pale Ale (eastern drop off)
Velophile Robust Porter ?
Smashed jaffa Bavarian Pils (hoppers xing)
vlbaby American Brown Ale (hoppers xing)
Razz Kolsch (eastern drop off)
Murray Stout (hoppers xing) ?
Berazafi ? (eastern drop off)
Mark_mulrooney Woodfordes Headcracker Pale Ale & Munton's Barley wine

If everything looks ok Ill send everyone a PM with the address for the drop off points, etc.

Berazafi Ill PM you to work out the details of pickup/sorting etc.

Cheers,

vl.

I'm still in.

I guess I need to go buy some labels soon to make the sorting less of a pain for you guys :p

G'day guys,

I haven't been around much lately, except to check on this thread occasionally and the VIC swap is getting real close now, so I thought it probably a good time to double check everyones still in.

As far as I'm aware this is the final list and the preferred drop off point, although there are still a few question marks here and there. I apologise if I have missed anything or anyone in advance. :ph34r:

Lukes ? (eastern drop off)
RobW IPA (eastern drop off)
Mark_mulrooney Pale Ale ?
Murray Stout ?

If everything looks ok I'll send everyone a PM with the address for the drop off points, etc.

Berazafi I'll PM you to work out the details of pickup/sorting etc.

Cheers,

vl.

For the people that would like to drop off to me, can you send me a pm so with your prefered time and date, i will then reply with my address

G'day guys,

Lukes Aussie Ale (eastern drop off)
RobW IPA (eastern drop off)
Mark_mulrooney Pale Ale ?
Murray Stout ?

vlbaby,
I am up for an ale and will drop it down @ Berazafi's next week.
I will be in N.Z around the time of the swap so look forward to having a sample night when i get back.

Luke

Count me in still.

The APA is good to go, drop off at berazafi's.

Cheers,

JS

Mine's done.

Haven't sampled yet though :excl:
IRA...Irish Red Ale

Drop off via JS to Berafazi

Just bottled my Kolsch from the keg, dropping off to Berazafi on Friday and then we're off to the sunny Gold Coast for a week ! By the way lads, I don't have any fancy labels so I will write my list number down on the caps. No 10 that is. The boys in Q/land are doing this for their xmas case, it should make sorting very easy. Happy holidays, John :D

Guys I pretty sure there are some of you eastern drop offs that havent contacted me regarding the drop off.

These beers are getting sorted THIS SUNDAY

If you havnt contacted myself or VLBABY, please do so shortly

Dave

Back