Vic Xmas Anytime Case.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky last guys...

VL baby... American Brown Ale.

Well... this is right down my alley... Full hop aroma, persistent creamy head...very neutral taste I thought (in terms of bitterness) with solid hops aspect.

Best served above fridge temp to subdue the hops a little (depending on your tastes... I know some of you will be thinking it could use more hops, even served straight from the fridge)...

I really like this beer VL

And thus ends the reviews from the Dark Horse... altogether a very interesting experience (although I was disappointed not to get a try of the honey vanilla lager... maybe next time)

Anyone keen on a single style swap?

VL Baby's American Brown Ale.
Hop aroma on opening, decanted well with a lovely thick head. Solid brown colour, opaque. Hop flavour up front with toasty malt coming through, medium dry, nice mouthfeel. Not a bad drop VL. I could go a few of these ! :beerbang: And thanks again for the work on this thread.
PS. Re darkhorse's last post, I'm keen for a swap DH, I'll be at G&G this week to change over my C02. Probably Friday morning, if you are keen let me know. :D

Velophile's Robust Porter.
Never had a porter before, so didn't know what to expect, something like a stout perhaps. This ale poured well with a persistent head. Solid black colour with choc edges. Some malt aroma, flavour says coffee in large black arabica letters. Lingering bitterness that is not offensive, some sweetness creeps through from the crystal. The coffee is memorable. Nice ale Velophile, I could get use to this style very easily. :super:

Back