Vic Xmas Anytime Case.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlbaby

Beer Budda
Reaction score
G'day fellas,
I've been reading the 'Xmas in july Case' threads that the guys from nsw/qld/sa etc have started, but I haven't seen anything for VIC yet.

Is there any other vic brewers keen on doing something similar?

It seems like such a great way to try out some new varietys of beer styles and receive some constructive critisism on your own brews.

Does anyone have any opinions on giving something a go?

I'm happy to be involved in organising something if there's interest.

cheers,

vl.

G'day fellas,
I've been reading the 'Xmas in july Case' threads that the guys from nsw/qld/sa etc have started, but I haven't seen anything for VIC yet.

Is there any other vic brewers keen on doing something similar?

It seems like such a great way to try out some new varietys of beer styles and receive some constructive critisism on your own brews.

Does anyone have any opinions on giving something a go?

I'm happy to be involved in organising something if there's interest.

cheers,

vl.

Great idea VL.

I'd be happy to throw a gluten free beer in the mix if people are keen to try some new varieties. :chug:

I'm sure my Dad would be happy to drink all the regular beers that I receive (I make 3.5% kit beers up for him and by his old taste buds they're a good clone for Carlton Mid).

Memo to me - must make another millet Dunkelweizen soon, although the millet porter is tasting pretty good so maybe that? Or the millet pils is just coming out of secondary?

OK, I'm in.

Edit: I have finally krausened woohoo!!!

Cheers, Andrew.

I would more than likely be in on it.

Just not too sure at the moment as I may be shifting soon.

cheers
johnno

Well that makes 3 of us so far, so thats a start. I'm not sure how big this case will be. It will obviously depend on how many people want to be involved.

Bring on the beers i say! :beerbang:

vl.

I'd love to sample some different homebrewers efforts if you'll let a kits and bits brewer in on the swap.

Yeah I will be in it for sure - I would love to add my honey vanilla lager but I am not sure about timing. How about Xmas for the AFL Granny case?

I be in on this,

I throw in a APA and a low alchol porter for something different

Are Kit brews allowed?

I love the idea but how does is operate? (mailing one beer to each person could be a bit excessive on the postage front!)

I'd be interested VL,

Looks like a few are keen... maybe some discussion could be had to decide specifics. The when's and how's....

Cheers,

JS

I drive a van for a living - might be able to pick them all up and then maybe have a central distribution point -perhaps a get together at Mountain goat on a friday or something.

Just some ideas.

Millet man - i get to ballarat once a week although a central distribution point might be tough for you.

I'd be in if Tin Opener brewers are welcome. I've got a partial robust porter thats coming along.

What's the plan? Does everyone put in 12 longnecks & get back 12 mixed. Hmm... I've done stubbies....

Count me in :beer:

I've got a couple I could let go. :D

A central meeting point seems the go as posting longnecks is not a good idea IMO.

Smashed.

wow! Havent checked AHB for a couple of days, did'nt expect such a good response!

Well, i've not been involved in one of these before myself, but from reading the other guys posts, the best idea is just to designate a pickup/drop off point.
I've got no problems with being a distribution point myself, but I'm over in the western suburbs which might be a bit far for some guys to travel. So I guess if there was someone else that could handle the eastern side as well or something like that, it could help ease things a bit.

As far as the K&K / extract / AG thing is concerned, I've got no issues with any. Good beers can be made by any of these methods, so who really cares?

I guess a standard slab is a good size, in either stubbies or longnecks, but i suppose it could be any sized swap really.

so far we have these guys interested...

Millet Man
Johnno (maybe)
lucas
scotsdalebrewery
berazafi
darkhorse
Lukes
James Squire
Velophile
Smashed jaffa
vlbaby

anyone else?

cheers

vl.

Millet man - i get to ballarat once a week although a central distribution point might be tough for you.

I work in Deer Park so a West/East Melb drop off is fine by me. This is BEER we are talking about after all. :D

Cheers, Andrew.

So what do we think people... stubbies or tallies? I tend to bottle into stubbies but I don't have a problem doing a batch of tallies, it is probably best if we try to do one or the other.

How about dates? Scotsdalebrewery's AFL Granny Case is probably not a bad idea, give's plenty of time for us all to get organised...

Im totally pumped for this, mmmmmmmm beer.....

JS

The case swaps are a great way to taste different brews. Get in there and join in. You want to swap a beer that you are proud of and want to show off.

All levels of brewers have been included in past swaps, from kit to ag, just make sure that you brew the best brew you can with your methods and techniques.

Stubbies or longnecks. Longnecks are easier to sort and store. Stubbies means you get two bites at the same brew.

For any yeast farmer, it is a great way to build your strains up.

Numbers. If you have a dozen people, they all contribute a dozen bottles or 24 stubbies and they recieve the same quantity back including one of their own.

24 swappers would be close to the maximum number. After the Xmas swap, the NSW July swap was so popular, that it filled in a day.

Latest posts

Back