Vic Xmas Anytime Case.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An extra beer is no probs by me!

Correct me if im wrong though but supplying 13 beers means we get one of our own back... having one more person (making 14) just means that we get 13 beers back, none of which being our own.

Otherwise I don't mind throwing another one in...

JS

Sorry, I've already bottled 13. JS's idea would work though (it may be more work sorting individual cases though).

g'day berazafi,
i'd have no problems with it personally, but i think some guys have counted on bottling just 13 beers.
Please correct me guys if this is wrong. Unless someone decides to drop out, it may be a bit difficult. :(

cheers

vl.
perhaps we need to do another roll call for who's still keen. I'm sure i read at least one person drop out since the last one (edit: just checked and it was jonno, but he wasnt in the 13 person list) and it would suck to find out later and then have not allowed berazafi to contribute. I think from memory I have enough bottled to cope with 16, any more than that and you might end up getting some of my greener stuff.

Guys, if it'll make it easier I can drop out. I've been a bit up against it lately in terms of finding time to brew so that would take the pressure off.

Guys, if it'll make it easier I can drop out. I've been a bit up against it lately in terms of finding time to brew so that would take the pressure off.

I have an idea, how about i contribute and if you have a extra bottle for me throw it in if not no big deal (or maybe throw another brew in)

Dave

I have the footy swap beer in a keg but have not even chased up the bottles yet so one extra for me is not a problem.
:chug:
Luke

Have botttled the Bavarian Pils already into 13 tallies, so no problems. :beer:

However, and as I only do 15 Litre batches, and I have already drunk a bit of the batch I will have to count the tallies left. :eek:

If not I may have to submit my Munich Helles (currently CC'ing), which I will bottle in the next week or so.

Cheers,

SJ

I've got a few extra, so no problems here. :)

I can help with distribution & delivery if required.

I'll be bottling from the keg so no problem with any extra's for me.

Cheers, Andrew.

berazafi,
JS is right. It will mean at the worst at little extra sorting so you dont get one of your own beers back. I've got no probs with that at all, so it will be great to have you on board. :beerbang:

As lucas mentioned, a quick role call is probably a good idea also. I have been wondering if there might be a drop out of two later down the track. All those that have posted in the last couple days have been noted, so I'll post an updated list in the next day or so.

Looking forward to this. Just put my 13 babies to sleep in bottles last weekend. Snuck a taste out of the cube, looks promising.

cheers guys

vl.

OK guys... finally got around to putting on my AG Irish Red...

AG cherry busted...

OG 1.054 ... checks out OK

Bitterness... ??? according to BJCP it should err on the malty side... from my boil sample I am concerned that my little 10g of Green Bullets gave more than their fair share.

Willamette in place of EKG??? I dunno the difference but willamette is the closest I had from the descriptions that I have read

bubbling nicely though... will update when I transfer to secondary.

If you're happy to have a kit & bits brewer in, I'd like to be in it.

Hmm, the cervesa or the bitter?

Edit: Cancel that, I won't be able to participate. I'll keep an eye out for the next one though.

Brewed up my contribution today, a Millet Brown Ale - almost a Porter but not quite. Tastes good so far. :D

Cheers, Andrew.

OK... skipped secondary...straight to bottles.

Batch primed and flat when sampled...

Not Bad!

definitely got potential... 6 weeks till G Day and sampling begins!!!

Will be bottling my contribution this afternoon guys.

Just a quick question... Berazafi, are you still happy to be the eastern 'burbs distribution point?

Cheers,

JS

Kegged my Brown Ale today but it may not be good enough. :(

Hop aroma/flavour did not come through and it's NQR, I'll wait and see how it is after a couple of weeks conditioning.

I do have a delicious APA ready to go if it's required, as long as there aren't too many APA's in the case already? But then mine is an APA with a difference.

Cheers, Andrew.

Kegged my Brown Ale today but it may not be good enough. :(

Hop aroma/flavour did not come through and it's NQR, I'll wait and see how it is after a couple of weeks conditioning.

I do have a delicious APA ready to go if it's required, as long as there aren't too many APA's in the case already? But then mine is an APA with a difference.

Cheers, Andrew.
hehe.... I'd be happy to have either in my case. the brown ale because ive only tried one or two and thought they were great, and the apa because thats the style i've been working on (well.... as of this week, but i have plans for the next brew to be an apa too for comparisions sake)

Thanks for jumping in Berazafi and filling the east distro point.

Bottled my Honey Vanilla Lager on Monday tasted great out of secondary. Fingers crossed!

vl will organise to get them to you soon.

How is everyone's brews going for this?

My APA is ready to go. I bottled half for swapping and kegged the rest (for testing!) so its being drunk at the mo. It's quite light in body so it's good for the warmer weather coming up, good amarillo nose to it that turns to malt as it warms. Being a partial it has some residual sweetness there from the extract but otherwise seems like a nice warm weather quaffer. Hope you all enjoy.

Cheers for now, can't wait for the swap!

JS

Back