Vic Xmas Anytime Case.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when do we work out who's brewing what? I have a nice belgin wit currently in bottles already that i'd like to be my addition to the cases. It's pretty nice now, so i figure by september it'll be perfect.

so far we have 12 maybe 13...any idea if your a yah or nay yet johnno?

Millet Man
Johnno (a maybe)
lucas
scotsdalebrewery
berazafi
darkhorse
Lukes
James Squire
Velophile
Smashed jaffa
vlbaby
razz
RobW

have I missed anybody?

Cheers

Vl.

Still not sure vlbaby. Is there a cutoff date for entering this?
Sorry. Just have a lot on at the moment.

cheers
johnno

g'day guys,

Well i'd say longnecks seem to be the go for everyone then. And the AFL date seems to fairly popular also.

So i'd say if we can all drop our beers by no later than the weekend before, (Sat 23rd ~Sun 24th sept), then everyone can pickup in the morning of the grand final ( sat 30th sept). How would that sound?

Like I said before, i'm happy to act as a distribution point (out at hoppers crossing) if that suits people ok.

If everyones cool with this, then we should lock it in. :beer:

so far we have 12 maybe 13...any idea if your a yah or nay yet johnno?

Millet Man
Johnno (a maybe)
lucas
scotsdalebrewery
berazafi
darkhorse
Lukes
James Squire
Velophile
Smashed jaffa
vlbaby
razz
RobW

have I missed anybody?

Cheers

Vl.

Keen to be involved too

Mark

Still not sure vlbaby. Is there a cutoff date for entering this?
Sorry. Just have a lot on at the moment.

cheers
johnno

Well I suppose in the interest of everyone involved we should set a cut-off date for this thing and a cut-off size as well.
My suggestion would be a cap of 24 (although i suspect we might not get anywhere close to that), and a cut-off date at the end of this month.

That so far makes 12...

Millet Man
lucas
scotsdalebrewery
mark_mulrooney
darkhorse
Lukes
James Squire
Velophile
Smashed jaffa
vlbaby
razz
RobW

Any more takers, the more the merrier :)

Btw, i'm thinking of brewing an American amber ale, something in the style of Little Creatures Roger's Beer. I love that stuff.

cheers

vl.

Btw, i'm thinking of brewing an American amber ale, something in the style of Little Creatures Roger's Beer. I love that stuff.

Im currently drinking an Extract recipe APA I made recently and it's mouth watering good :chug: (I reckon anyway! :p )

Actually quite similar to JS Golden Ale IMO. I think another batch of this could be called for to be my contribution to the case. :beerbang:

Cheers,

JS

I'd like to be involved, but I have to get another capper if I am going to be bottling :) I've only really been saving champagne-style bottles, I assume G&G sells triage bells. Put me down as a maybe.

My planned contribution is a Honey Vanilla Lager - it is currently in secondary and I also have a pils that may get a run if I am unhappy with the Lager - No temp controlled fridge means lots more lagers to go!

My planned contribution is a Honey Vanilla Lager - it is currently in secondary and I also have a pils that may get a run if I am unhappy with the Lager - No temp controlled fridge means lots more lagers to go!
the honey vanilla lager sounds very interesting, I wouldnt mind having that as one of the beers in my case even if it doesnt turn out fantastic

Here, here,

The Honey Vanilla Lager sounds gooooood! Go with it!

JS

I'm thinking a hirsebier, dark millet beer along the lines of a dunkelweizen. Has score well in comps so shouldn't freak anyone out. :D

Cheers, Andrew.

I'd like to be involved, but I have to get another capper if I am going to be bottling :) I've only really been saving champagne-style bottles, I assume G&G sells triage bells. Put me down as a maybe.

Sorry Murray, I missed that! The more the merrier mate! Welcome aboard (hopefully!) :beerbang:

More people = More variety of beer = Happy drinking! :chug:

Sweet!!!

JS

Sorry brewers.
I will have to opt out of this one.

Hopefully will be in the next one.

Have too much on at the moment.

cheers
johnno

g'day guys,

There hasnt been a whole lot of movement on this thread lately, so I thought I better give it another kick in the guts.
So far weve got 13 guys interested in the swap, which is a bit of an odd number I suppose, but well 13 is better than 12! :)
So Ill just recap our arrangements.

*The beers are to be in Long Neck (aka Tallie ie 750mL) bottles.
*We all supply 13 Bottles and will receive back a mixed case of 13 bottles, one of which will be your own. ( makes for easier sorting ).
*The beers need to be dropped off no later than SUNDAY 24th SEPTEMBER at either ScotdaleBrewerys place in Ringwood OR my place in Hoppers Crossing.
Post or PM your preference for drop off/pickup in advance
*Pickup of your mixed case will be on SATURDAY 30th SEPTEMBER at the same place as you dropped off, preferably in the morning.

If anyone finds these arrangements impossible, PM me I'll try and make something happen for you.

The guys and the brews involved are..

Millet Man HirseBier
lucas Belgian Wit
scotsdalebrewery Honey Vanilla Lager
darkhorse - Irish Red Ale
Lukes - Pride of Ringwood Ale or a Hallertauer German lager
James Squire American Pale Ale
Velophile Robust Porter
Smashed jaffa - either Croation Munich Helles or German Pils ?
vlbaby American Amber Ale
Razz - Kolsch
RobW - India Pale Ale
Mark_mulrooney - Woodfordes Headcracker Pale Ale
Murray - ?

Looks like a nice variety of beers already. Id urge everyone to post the beer they are brewing for this swap so as keep a good variety.
Ill keep the list updated as the information comes through.

Cheers guys,

Vl.

G'day Guys,

yep it's sounding good :beer: , lot's of different styles = taste buds happy ;)

Count me in for a AG Croatian Munich Hell/es, (just put in fermenter) or a AG German Pils, (currently cc'ing), depending on which comes out better.
German Pils was goooood going into cc.

Hoppers is closet for me VL.

Cheers,

Smashed Jaffa. :beerbang:

G'day Guys,

yep it's sounding good :beer: , lot's of different styles = taste buds happy ;)

Smashed Jaffa. :beerbang:

Lots of different styles so far. I love a variety pack of beers. :D Yummmm!

Croation Munich Helles sounds very tempting smashed.

vl.

OK... I'm up for suggestions on what to supply.

I don't have any set of 13 tallies to distribute so will have to get cracking.

Was thinking an APA but Mr Squire has that covered.
Maybe a regular Lager? Or with orange?

BTW... I will be doing my dropoff / pickup at Ringwood.

Let the ideas rain down....

-DarkHorse

Hoppers Crossing pick up is good for me.

Trying to fill kegs ATM but will get onto the Hirsebier (like a dunkelweizen or roggenbier style but made with millet) during July.

Cheers, Andrew.

Back