Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think most guys dont wanna bring their wifes/girlfriends so they can mess up more without repercussion ..

I don't agree.

I'm still making a generalisation about women, but it's more that non-brewers/drinkers would not enjoy spending all day in such company. Perhaps forewarn her what the day and company are going to be like and let her make up her own mind.

How big a bits of firewood would you like Fents? sized for a 44gal drum? Looks like I'll be dragging the trailer anyway (got a pick up to do), so can throw some wood in...

I have a NEWB question about the logistics. Whom do we drop off our bottles too? I'm slightly confused, do we bring them with us or do we drop off at one of those locations?

Hi shortz

If you're attending and can carry them, bring them with you. If you're not attending or catching public transport etc, arrange to drop them off before the swap.

Cheers

ahh logistics. almost forgot about it.

normally we have a couple of drop off points for those that cant make the day or cant bring their contribution along. Alternatively if you attending you can bring it along yourself.

fyi - I cant be a drop off point this year as I wont be able to make it until later in the afternoon/evening.

edit: beaten by leigh

thanks dudes! I will also be complicating things by bringing both glass (8) and PET (20) bottles, sorry but it was either all glass or a combo of some with PET.

How big a bits of firewood would you like Fents? sized for a 44gal drum? Looks like I'll be dragging the trailer anyway (got a pick up to do), so can throw some wood in...

umm it will be either a 44 drum or a washing machine drum. maybe bring a splitter to play with just in case ;)

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO WRITE YOUR CASE SWAP NUMBER ON YOUR CAPS OF YOUR BOTTLES TO MAKE SORTING EASIER.

1. Peels - Black Beer - Not attending
2. Fents - Bitsa Pale Ale - Attending
3. Beerdingo - Dunkelweizen- Attending
4. Hairofthedog - Dortmunder export - Attending
5. Brendo - LCBA clone - attending, but probably only for the arvo sad.gif
6. sappas - Better Red Than Dead Irish Ale - Attending, but only for an hour or two in the afternoon
7. Rook - Wazza's 3 shades of Stout attending
8. wonderwoman - Goldilocks (mexican cerveza kit with golden syrup) - attending + 1
9. seemax - Real Ale K&B - Not attending sad.gif
10. Q - "Mildly Challenged" dark mild - Attending
11. Leigh - Australian "Plain Jane" Lager - Attending
12. mcook - American IPA - Attending
13. CM2 - Kenzie Dunkle (munich Dunkle style). Maybe attending
14. Hutch - California Common - Attending
15. Fourstar - American IPA - Attending
16. Chris Taylor - Red Weizen - Attending
17. Brewmeister70 - Kolsch - Not attending sad.gif
18. Kleiny - Traditional Bock - Attending (hopefully with brewrig)
20. WarmBeer - Franken-Mild - Attending Ready for drinkin'
21. Driveitlikeustoleit - Oatmeal Stout - Not attending
22. Lucas - Smoked Porter - Attending at this stage
23. Shortz - EoX Porter - Attending
24. Don Mateo - "Way out Weizen" - Hefeweizen -Attending
25. Benny - lemon ale - no idea on attending
26. Neill - Malty English Ale Attending - Condition for 1 month for full development
27. Wardhog - Vienna lager (keeping the American IPA to myself) - attending - DRINK IT NOW OR YOU'LL KILL US ALL - not really, but it's ready now.

sweet, i just labelled mine now and wrote the number on the cap too. lookin forward to it!

reiterate - write the NUMBER not your name. make sure its the right number!

How many bottles are we to include? I count 26 from the post earlier by Fents. Is this correct? Bottling Thursday night and need to know whether I fill two-kegs or one is all, guys :unsure:

there are 26 attendees, if we all bring 26 bottles then you will end up with 25 bottles of random beer plus a single leftover of your own. So in theory anybody can pick up any group of bottles and get exactly the same thing :)

there are 26 attendees, if we all bring 26 bottles then you will end up with 25 bottles of random beer plus a single leftover of your own. So in theory anybody can pick up any group of bottles and get exactly the same thing :)

Not to mention a million times easier for the sorters.

And because you and Neill are the new boys on the block guess who is sorting
Well done lads
Rook

As long as somone is there to gimmie refills after every case and a decent massage from being bent over sorting for a few hours, i'd think about it!

Ive been an active member since '07! Neill is the fresh meat around here!

Last 2 to drop off their cases has todo the sorting IMO!

As long as somone is there to gimmie refills after every case and a decent massage from being bent over sorting for a few hours, i'd think about it!

Ive been an active member since '07! Neill is the fresh meat around here!

Last 2 to drop off their cases has todo the sorting IMO!

Didn't i mention that Barra loves to give massages while your bending over :icon_cheers:

Good Luck

Active member since 2007 is good but first case swap newbie :beerbang:

Rook

Back