Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.

i thought fents already spelt out the rules in post 1

surely a mix of std glass tallies or PET is fine - they sit together in milk crates together without too much trouble. Why do people with a stockpile of glass want to go out and buy PET bottles??

Frankly I don't really care what it comes in... just want the beer.

Brendo

Because if you had of been involved in the last 4 case swaps you would have enough PET bottles

Because if you had of been involved in the last 4 case swaps you would have enough PET bottles

Claws are out rook! *reaooww*

:icon_offtopic: I think the catters will have a hard one this weekend. :rolleyes: I'm tempted to see if my old man wants to go (Melbourne supporter).

I think he would want to leave me there at the end of the 1st Q :lol:

here's my two cents, take it or leave it :ph34r: :
I wanted to take part when I saw the thread title but was a unsure of if I would have my AG system up and running in time (yet to be 'stimulated'!). When I read the OP and I saw that glass was acceptable that changed my mind to a definate no as I'm a kegger and I personally find the PET's easier to manage. All my beer is drunk out of a glass so I don't really care what I'm pouring from, but having said that, IMO PET just makes the whole thing easier as they are all the same size, they stack a hell of a lot easier and are safer compared to glass if one was dropped.

As soon as I see a swap that is PET only, I'll be signing up straight away. Till then, I'll tag along if I'm allowed, share some of my kegged beer and generally talk shite until the wee hours of the morning ;)

Oh and anyone paying $20 for a pack of 15 Coopers PET's is getting ripped off. They are at most $12.99 here, and have been on sale for anything between that and $10.

i thought fents already spelt out the rules in post 1

Agree Kleiny...people signed up or not according to that...change the rules now and people will jump off and others who missed out will be peeved.

Understand where people are coming from with regards the "give out x plastic and get back x plastic", but somehow from buying 30 plastics for the last case swap, I only have 20 left...

Personally i think that if you're actually concerned about losing a few precious bottles, be they glass or PET, then you're really not understanding the whole purpose of a case swap. We are there to sample other people's beer, not sample their bloody bottle stocks you whinging idiots.

Let me spell it out for you all

1. MAKE BEER
2. BOTTLE BEER IN BOTTLES OF ANY TYPE
3. BRING TO CASE SWAP
4. ENJOY

it's really not that hard. Anyone who doesn't want to participate because they're afraid of losing their precious glass/PET tallies can stay at home I reckon. Just be happy that a bunch of like-minded people can get together and share their passion.

/rant off

hahahaha this cracks me up every swap.

look just cause i posted the OP no way im telling ppl what they should bottle with.

personally i've not got enough PET bottles from last swap as i've given some beer away in between then to mates and crew. so mine will be glass which i've got plenty of. in fact just to piss everyone off i might do half half. :p

im sure were all old and ugly enough to check our gravity readings over two or three days and make sure we dont prime with too much suguarsss ;)

I might weigh it up, if PET is too expensive, 2 slabs of coopers it is.. my mate works at a bottle o so will store 2 slabs away for me... might get cost price too!

I was too late for this one.
If anyone interested I have approx 30-40 pet`s gathering dust I would happily exchange for crown seal bottles.
Cheers n have fun boys n Superwoman

oops. Wonderwoman

We do vex on our vessels don't we?

Made me think of a Sunday lunch at a distant relative's house in a sleepy village nr St Albans North of London. While the old dear was in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on the yorkshire pudding; the girlfriend and I were dispatched to the local pub for a box of beer.
"A box of beer", I enquired politely?
"Just ask for a box of the bitter son, they'll know what to do."

Imagine my surprise after ducking under the oak beams to ask for a box of bitter at the bar; when the barman reached up to a shelf and pulled down a flat packed 2l waxed carton, opened it up, filled it from the beer engine, folded the top closed and handed it over.

Ten minutes later we were back in the cottage downing a roast and pouring pints of bitter from a milk carton - who'd have thought...

Oh well cardboard boxes it is then :lol:

Just soak a cardboard box in your brew and ring it out when you get here into whatever bottles people have.

Personally i think that if you're actually concerned about losing a few precious bottles, be they glass or PET, then you're really not understanding the whole purpose of a case swap. We are there to sample other people's beer, not sample their bloody bottle stocks you whinging idiots.

Let me spell it out for you all

1. MAKE BEER
2. BOTTLE BEER IN BOTTLES OF ANY TYPE
3. BRING TO CASE SWAP
4. ENJOY

it's really not that hard. Anyone who doesn't want to participate because they're afraid of losing their precious glass/PET tallies can stay at home I reckon. Just be happy that a bunch of like-minded people can get together and share their passion.

/rant off

Hey knuckle head, go back and read why we went to plastic in the other case swaps before offering your worthless advise

Rook

P.S look forward to meeting you

Rook

Case swap entertainment. :lol:

Warren -

A_Prize_Fight__Aquatinted_By_I._Clark__Pub._By_Thomas_Mclean__1820.jpg

Yes! If you where actually apart of the swap! :rolleyes:

Oh is he not?
I'd swear if I had read this thread correctly that he put his name down for a stout!!!!
I'd hate to have posted without thinking though... :rolleyes:

Q

I'd hate to have posted without thinking though... :rolleyes:

If only that was the case Quintrex my man!

have a gander at the 'official list' in the wiki... or is someone getting bumped?!? :unsure:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;showarticle=87

Edit: My bad, Rather tahn using his AHB handle he has used his 'slave name'... nice going BEN!

BTW, can you edit the wiki so we know who is bringing what to the swap... im sure you all have NFI who Braden is, which is why i used Fourstar.

Latest posts

Back