Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rook i think you'll find about 10 different people having a whinge in this thread about losing their PET/glass tallies or being worried that they'll end up with 5 champage bottles, 15 PET bottles and 8 longnecks, which will signal the end of the world as we know it. This is what i was referring to.

So to bring things back on topic so we can update the wiki. We are having the swap day on the 27th yes? As for bottles, it can be milk cartons for all we care, as long as its 750ml?!?

I want my milk cartons to be Farmers Union brand thanks. wont accept anything else ;P

Sorry i only have Pauls Goats Milk... hope thats ok?!?!

I'm in 2 minds about doing a AIPA now as Mcook is doing the same. I'm tempted to-do an AAA instead. Hmm maybe i'll sleep on it.

Yep Fourstar, anything as long as it's 750ml. Just looking through my stocks it looks like i'll have to get some PETs and have a mix, apparently those grain and grape longnecks aren't 750ml, i have heaps of them but few proper 750ml ones. hmmm might have to duck out and get some PETs before bottling this baby :)

So to bring things back on topic so we can update the wiki. We are having the swap day on the 27th yes? As for bottles, it can be milk cartons for all we care, as long as its 750ml?!?

i updated it this morning.

for convenience, i think i'll just get some PETs. Whilst i dont mind drinking coopers. Having to neck over 2 cases of longnecks and drink my beer in between, i'd be looking at a longneck a day AND my beer too!. After the case swap i will be checking into AA meetings!

funny prick Fourstar.

thinking i might abuse everyones tastebuds with a pomagranite cider? any objections? mind you i suppose thats not a beer.

maybe a golden ale. decisions decicions

thinking i might abuse everyones tastebuds

Well, That was my plan with the AIPA. Maybe i should stick with it and have a battle off with Mcook for the kick ass IPA award? :rolleyes:

I really want to brew a style that will go down well with everyone. As there are some here not fond of Cascade etc. Then again, i rarely brew Bitters or mildly hopped beers. Maybe a Cream Ale is in order? a lawnmower beer for the dead of winter?!?! Oh oh oh! i know, do another batch of my Bacon and Pancakes Brown ale! This time, up the Rauch malt to 20% interesting! Definitely sleeping on this one i think!

hmm cream ale. brown ale good also. i love making browns but i want to do something differant this time as all my swap contributions have been darkjer styles

Mate i wouldn't try to make something that everybody will like, i reckon that's nearly impossible. Just do something that YOU like, and are proud of. Something original. If a few snobby beer critics don't like the taste then really who cares, at least we've all broadened our experiences with brewing! B)

Mate i wouldn't try to make something that everybody will like, i reckon that's nearly impossible. Just do something that YOU like, and are proud of. Something original. If a few snobby beer critics don't like the taste then really who cares, at least we've all broadened our experiences with brewing! B)

Yeah mate i know that i just don't want to be brewing something that allot of people don't like to drink such as lambic :icon_drool2: . I'l see how this current brown ale is aging. If its good, its a goer. If it aint, AIPA or Cream Ale it is!

Sorry i only have Pauls Goats Milk... hope thats ok?!?!

I'm in 2 minds about doing a AIPA now as Mcook is doing the same. I'm tempted to-do an AAA instead. Hmm maybe i'll sleep on it.

I brewed my American IPA on Saturday, seems to be fermenting away nicely--but don't let that stop you, would be good to have something to compare against.

Mal

but don't let that stop you, would be good to have something to compare against.

That's what i was thinking to see how others go about their IPA. If i go this option, im leaving mine to the last minute to get that slap in the face of hop aroma/flavour! :icon_drool2:

FWIW my recipe is quite lightly hopped, it's supposed to be an easy drinking summer ale, i'm not out to destroy tastebuds with this one :)

Okay, it feels like I'm the only extract brewer in the whole case swap at the moment.

Is anybody likely to get pissy over the fact they've handed over a painstakingly crafted AG beer, and only getting a "poverty" extract brew in return?

Hope not, but wanted to come clean with everybody up front. I reckon it's a pretty drink, and look forward to getting feedback on my brews.

So, is anybody else in the swap doing partial/extract/k&b/k&k, or is everybody else on the grain train? I know the original post was welcoming of brewers one-and-all.

Is anybody likely to get pissy over the fact they've handed over a painstakingly crafted AG beer, and only getting a "poverty" extract brew in return?

I wont! One of my best beers was extract.

mate just don't let anyone know that it's an extract brew. betcha nobody will know otherwise :)

p.s. mine's an extract brew too, so you're not alone :)

I know I won't, and I have enough faith in the guys here that they won't too. I've been in 3 swaps before this one, and one of THE most memorable beers was an extract beer. Where the hell is 65bellett these days, anyway?

Back