Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so its decided that its gonna be at beerdingo's place for certain ?

It's the house with the red car in front:

Flinders St, Sweet! i used to live in collins! Awesome, i can stumble down from the station and stumble home via the station!

I just ordered 3 recipes today... just realised none of them was my case swap! :ph34r:

Considering i will be dry hopping, i need to account for 1 week primary~ +5days dry hop so 8-9 days fermentation, crash chill for 4 days the then bottle.

So is the 27th the day to be set in stone? Whats good for you beerDingo? Crap, i better go buy a couple of cases of Coopers for bottles tonight too!

The rule use to be the plastic Coopers bottles, are we moving away from this Fents?

Rook

The rule use to be the plastic Coopers bottles, are we moving away from this Fents?
Rook

I think you have solved my conundrum Rook! Spend 20 odd dollars on coopers PET bottles and use a few longnecks to balance it out! Personally atm, I'd prefer to be drinking from my 7 kegs rather than forking out 80 odd bucks on coopers pale just to get to the bottles.

I have 100 odd Liters of beer at home, why PURCHASE another 18L??!

I think you have solved my conundrum Rook! Spend 20 odd dollars on coopers PET bottles and use a few longnecks to balance it out! Personally atm, I'd prefer to be drinking from my 7 kegs rather than forking out 80 odd bucks on coopers pale just to get to the bottles.

I have 100 odd Liters of beer at home, why PURCHASE another 18L??!

It doesn't solve you problem all together as its all plastic no glass

Rook

as much as i dont like plastic bottles , i think that for the swap theyre a good idea in that no one gets ripped of for bottles, you bring in plastic you take away plastic , no whinging about bringin glass and gettin plastic back and vice versa and all that , like i said i not a huge fan of the things personally but for the bigger swaps i think theyre the fairest and easiest way..

fourstar if its a glass swap dont stress i can possibly gather a few dozen bottles from mates etc etc

Glass is not good for me, as all my long necks are the 650ml ones.

Unless you fellas don't mind receiving only 650ml... Didn't think so ;)

From the rules in the OP:

2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screw tops, PET and champagne bottles are acceptable.

I have plenty of glass longnecks and no PET bottles. Understand that others have PET bottles and no longnecks. For me personally, I don't care if I hand over glass and receive PET. How many are unhappy with the rule in the original post?

sap.

mixing in champagne bottles is also bad news they dont box up well with other types of bottles... i know fents was the original poster , but surely theres enough common sense on line here ATM to make a decision before all kinds of confusion breaks loose, needs to be either one or the other , all glass beer bottles (750ml minimum) , or all PET 'coopers" style beer bottles , one or the other not both

fourstar if its a glass swap dont stress i can possibly gather a few dozen bottles from mates etc etc

Cheers mate, no stressing here. i don't mind having to get a few cases and drinking them up, gives my beer some time to age i guess, but my preference would be PET if everyone else went that route!

In fairness, it should be one or the other, if the majority call for Glass, i'd be all for it, Just annoys me my housemates forced me to get rid of my excess bottles as i was kegging and had not immediate need for it. I can always ask my folks to drink a few cases of longnecks. for nothing in return! :lol:

here we go again glass vs plastic

why dont we vote on it i prefer glass even if im reciving 650ml the PET bottles r about 20 bucks for 15 so thats 40 bucks for those who need to buy them so for an extra 40 bucks buy glass & all your bottles come filled with coopers

mixing in champagne bottles is also bad news they dont box up well with other types of bottles... i know fents was the original poster , but surely theres enough common sense on line here ATM to make a decision before all kinds of confusion breaks loose, needs to be either one or the other , all glass beer bottles (750ml minimum) , or all PET 'coopers" style beer bottles , one or the other not both

surely a mix of std glass tallies or PET is fine - they sit together in milk crates together without too much trouble. Why do people with a stockpile of glass want to go out and buy PET bottles??

Frankly I don't really care what it comes in... just want the beer.

Brendo

Maybe we shouldn't limit the type of glass longnecks for those who are tight on budget and may prefer to buy a few cases of MB or VB over a case of coopers? Getting 100ml less from a VB glassie over a 750ml coopers.. will you really miss it? You wont from mine as they will be CPBF and you wont need to leave trub behind! Others, i'm not so sure.

We are in a GFC ya know! :D

Got PET bottles from the last swap (remember you get as many back as you hand out)

So around they will go again.

I dont see what the fuss is, Ive got enough PET but no glass bottles, glass would be a PITA to get (Flame suit on: so mix it up and if you want back what you give out, get a life :ph34r: )

Kleiny

(Falme suit on: so mix it up and if you want back what you give out, get a life :ph34r: )

Shock!!! We shall crush the communists and their standardisation of coopers pale ale tallies! :lol:

My vote is for PET (only because that's all I've got).
Yeah they're not as "nice" as glass, but does make sorting a bit easier (less risk of accidental breakage).
As long as they're filled with beer, all will be good.

theres going to be beer in the bottles. i just thought we were swapping bottles!!!

seriously who gives a toss. it all came from the fact that PET come in a nice neat box and fit into a nice neat box. it just makjes things nice and tidy. but then again when is brewing ever nice and tidy.

more beer i say.

surely a mix of std glass tallies or PET is fine - they sit together in milk crates together without too much trouble. Why do people with a stockpile of glass want to go out and buy PET bottles??

Frankly I don't really care what it comes in... just want the beer.

Brendo

+1

You know what,

I vote for 'whatever tallie you get' 650ml -800ml, PET, Wine bottle, whatever. as long as its 'aussie longneck size' VB-coopers tallies, im happy. I'd only feel ripped if i got Erdinger 500ml bottles in exchange for my 750ml bottles. 100ml difference?!?! Meh, i dont mind.

Yep, since no-one has winged about 27th, it will be Saturday 27th of June.

Hey fourstar, I used to live in Collins St too. :icon_offtopic:

Hmmmm, glass VS plastic..........

I really don't care. Obviously I'd prefer to drink out of glass, but since I only have grolsch size bottles, and a box of pete lying around, I'd lean towards pete. However, I really don't care. I'll let you guys decide. I don't mind if it's all glass, all plastic, or a mix. I think I'll let you guys fight it out on that one... Should we let maybe Fents make the final decision, as he's sorta organised it?

Latest posts

Back