Vic. July 2015 Case Swap Tasting Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Nope, renovating, any second/minute/hour/day now though..

moving into end game for the brewery, took out the front wall today and moving many things about to make the space work better, it's almost unrecognisable as the old shed that folks will remember.
OT...

But how did your midnight modwood meandering go?

Didn't after all, reconsidered the mission.

Trailer got used for other things though for which the FIL is extremely grateful ;)

11. Midnight Brew - The Explorer (Dark Ale III) American Brown : Had the hops on the nose but the malt on the taste. Oh beautiful brown, got tastier as it warmed up. Damn fine brown. I wish I had a couple more to age some. Really liked how starkly different the browns were in this swap. Thanks.

13. Whiteferret - Oaty Stout: And then onto the black. Don't serve too cold. Easy drinking, smooth full beer. Excellent beer for your last one. Thanks to you, Great stout.

8. Tahoose- English Bitter: Nuts.....then fruit, lovely beer, 1st class, thank you.

AJs fake blonde, extremely interesting brew. Enjoyed it every sip mate. Couldn't work out if there was a yeast tartness or a yeast funk, or both!? But maybe it was all fake..... :p Even my Mrs. Said its "alright" and trust me, she only likes Kirin or Bridge Rd Chestnut Pilsner, so to like such an out there beer is huge!thanks mate!

Martins scotch ale. Probably shouldn't be having it so late in a session, or maybe I should. Pours a deep ruby brown almost a red tinge, crystal clear mate! Looking at it visually before even having a sip and I'm intrigued, 10/10 for appearance! Was this filters or extended cold crashed?? On to tasting and for a lighter 5% scotch ale this is not lacking in flavour. Packed it in there. Getting Black Forest fruit almost, with a firm malt backbone. Absolutely smashing beer mate, recipe available by any chance? I'll put it next to your Caledonian porter recipe that I'll be having a crack at late summer for next winter. Anyway that's enough from me I'm going to enjoy your beer!

4. Nullnvoid pale ale

Mate, clean and brilliantly clear, this is a lovely drop and perfect for a sneaky Friday night stovetop brew in a bag mini brew. Well done mate, very easy to drink.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
AJs fake blonde, extremely interesting brew. Enjoyed it every sip mate. Couldn't work out if there was a yeast tartness or a yeast funk, or both!? But maybe it was all fake..... :p Even my Mrs. Said its "alright" and trust me, she only likes Kirin or Bridge Rd Chestnut Pilsner, so to like such an out there beer is huge!thanks mate
Cheers mate. Really glad it was enjoyed.

3: Yob's Belgian Pale Ale. No idea how to describe this one mate, other than Bloody Delicious! On a par with AJ's fake blonde 8/10

Consumed white ferret's oaty stout last night - very enjoyable drop mate. Perfect for a chilly night in.

AJ80 said:
Consumed white ferret's oaty stout last night - very enjoyable drop mate. Perfect for a chilly night in.
Im saving that one and the RIS. Will they be good till next winter do you think?

Curly79 said:
Im saving that one and the RIS. Will they be good till next winter do you think?
I wouldn't age the Oatmeal stout too long, but the RIS will last a few years.

JB Slaughter Porter - man o man. Wow just wow. Super enjoyable mate, this is pushing on Martins Caledonian as my fav porter ever. Yes its f-ing bitter but I reckon the malts hold their own to bring it back to a very robust porter. Well done and thanks very much! Any chance for the recipe? I'm inspired!

1445602700150.jpg

Should have added, mocha head, long lasting and good lacing. Clean yet subtle aroma. Firm bitterness smoothed or by creamy rich malts. If anything it tastes a bit roasty which is out of style for a porter? I'm not fudged though its delicious. Mrs hates smell of my breath right now which when it comes to beer is always a good thing!

Hahaha love the review Mr Lethal, thanks :) felt like I was treading a fine line re style with this one & don't expect this to be everyone's cup o'tea. But wanted to give it a crack & take a bit of a risk, I'll track down the recipe for ya. Cheers

I had quite a few of these left-over from the swap mayhem & gotta say, it was one of my favourites. Yeah, a little heavy on the roast, but I figured I was still drinking them young, so didn't think "down" on it at all.

Nice one!

Jaggery IPA

Karl you evil genius..

Nice lasting tight white foam, laces a little but could be my glass (sorry)
Spicy up front leading to a lingering mellow bitternes
Medium to full body that suits the beer
Fucked if I can tell what hops are in it from taste, the complexity is pretty damn good, the alcohol, while slightly noticeable is in place with this beer.

Im very glad Ive got the other half bottle to go but suspect it wont last to warm much..

Bang on mate, Id be hard pressed to down a dozen of them, these are more of a bloody night cap than a session beer.

Cheers

damn... I better start trying these. been too busy drinking my own supplies !

Yob said:
Jaggery IPA

Karl you evil genius..

Nice lasting tight white foam, laces a little but could be my glass (sorry)
Spicy up front leading to a lingering mellow bitternes
Medium to full body that suits the beer
Fucked if I can tell what hops are in it from taste, the complexity is pretty damn good, the alcohol, while slightly noticeable is in place with this beer.

Im very glad Ive got the other half bottle to go but suspect it wont last to warm much..

Bang on mate, Id be hard pressed to down a dozen of them, these are more of a bloody night cap than a session beer.

Cheers
Nice thanks for the feedback. All the hops are EKG however there is crushed fenugreek in there which gives it a subtle maple flavour. There is also jaggery palm sugar which gives a buttery flavour.

Latest posts

Back