Vent-matic Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
A video of a Ventmatic in action here :beerbang: :super:

Probably need DSL for this. :unsure:

Warren -
[post="76759"][/post]​

'tis a thing of beauty! The yanks have raved over this tap - it allows sufficient flow control to foam up the head just how you like it in the glass.

Did you know that you can fill 2L bottles etc with this thing? It's flow rate is so good you don't need a counterpressure bottle filler!! :super:

TL

MAH said:
roach said:
I currently have 2 taps from BD as per the attached piccy. Can someone tell me if I can simply replace the existing taps by screwing on the Vent-matic's tap(ie no snaplock fittings). Or is the sizing incompatible??
[post="76845"][/post]​

Hi Roach

I'm fairly certain that the sizing is compatible. Someone more clued up than myself will need to comment on whether or not the metals are compatible. The BD shanks you have will be chrome plated brass and Ventmatic is all SS.
[snip]
Cheers
MAH
[post="76855"][/post]​

Ok, sorry if I am rehashing old ground, but I was advised by the guys at Ventmatic a couple of weeks ago, that as long as you don't have European sourced shanks, these Ventmatic faucets will fit. They are fully compatible with any shanks that are the same dimension as the US sourced shanks so you should be in business if you already have shanks and standard chrome or stainless faucets in play and they aren't from Europe.

Hope this makes sense (pint no. 5 on its way down!!)

TL

So Trough Lolly - u in for any Ventmatic Taps

OK thanks TL for clearing that up for me. Scratch my last post in which I bailed out prematurely. Resistance is futile :blink: and so I'm definitely in for two(2 ), without snaplock fittings and shank .

Peter Shane said:
Kenny, I have no idea what you guys are talking about since I am not yet into kegging and the terminology is all strange to me. ( However,4 kegs are on the way and I need to serve it in time one way or another.)

In order to quote a mutual friend who says that "You are not a brewer, until" etc, do you think I should follow this path and order one.? I am sure you will say "Certainly", in which case, put me down for one.

MInd you, I am not sure what else I need to have just one serving point coming out of my fridge at this stage. (I am sure you will stear me to the right path...and let me know)

:beer:
PeterS....
[post="76866"][/post]​

Peter,
I'm on the same path as you - except I got 8 kegs and I'm in the process of setting them up. Regarding what you need (assuming that you are putting your kegs into a converted fridge) you will need at least one of the following items:

1. A metal shank (threaded tube) that passes through the wall of the fridge (side or door, you choose). This shank is essential if you want to fix a beer tap to the outside of the fridge. You could get by with a picnic faucet (aka cobra tap) on the end of a beer line and leave the lot inside the fridge, but you'd have to open the damn fridge door (and let all the chilled air out) every time you wanted a beer. You can get chrome plated shanks or all Stainless shanks (there is a cost difference but I'd strongly recommend getting a stainless shank to avoid any off flavours if the shank gets worn - you don't want metallic flavours other than what you intentionally put in the beer!!). Most shanks come complete with a flange to cover the outside of the door and a collar and locknut to fix the back of the shank against the inside of the door - be careful not to crack the inside door covering when you tighten the locknut against the inside of the door - run a bit of oversized tubing in the space between the inner and outer door skin to avoid collapsing the door when you tighten the locknut. You also need to buy a nipple for the beer line to connect to the shank (if it isn't already welded onto the shank). They cost a few bucks and if you need to buy one, get a wingnut to make it easier to pull apart when you want to clean the inside of the shank and assembly. Check out Northern Brewer's website for info...here

2. A decent faucet. Sure, you can buy a cheap chrome faucet from about US$15 if you want to save money, but make sure you are prepared to spend a fair bit of time looking after it. This is where these Ventmatic faucets are so good - they are a forward seal faucet which means that the beer is all the way through the tap, past the handle lever. This means that the tap won't get gummy and sticky if you only have a couple of beers and leave it for several days. If your keg fridge is in a half decent location, you can simply walk up and tap off another beer, knowing that the lever assembly is not going to stick. Ever thought of what to do if the tap gums open during a pour?! (BTW - I have no affiliation with Ventmatic, but I reckon they have a shit hot product here which is why I told GMK about them a couple of weeks ago...)

Now to be fair, you don't need a snaplock fitting/adapter. Yes they are sexy in that you can pull the faucet off the line when you go away for a few days and know that nobody's gonna knock the tap on and spill beer everywhere, but to be honest, these forward seal faucets take care of the old problem of beer sticking up the tap mechanism. Still if you can afford the best of everything, by all means, go for the snaplock adapter and fit it to the shank so you can pull the faucet on and off the fridge/freezer door...It's your money. ;)

Ken is doing a good job here and deserves a pat on the back. I was going to buy a brumby tap and snaplock fitting from him about a month ago, but did some homework first and found these faucets - and I told him about them. Unlike some sellers, he understands how good these units are and is helping fellow brewers out in organising a big order, and not just keeping quiet about them and trying to flog you an old faucet - good work Ken! :super:

Sorry for the rant, Peter, but IMHO if you get a Ventmatic faucet, you will own arguably the best damn beer faucet for a homebrew setup - and that's half the battle won! Grab a 3 or 4 inch stainless shank with a 3/16ths barbed or threaded nipple to hook the beer line from the keg and you're in business. :lol:

Cheers,
TL

GMK said:
So Trough Lolly - u in for any Ventmatic Taps
[post="76952"][/post]​

Thanks but no thanks Kenny - my brother can't help me out, so I ordered one with a SS shank last Friday from NB. Latest news from NB is that its already dispatched and on its way via airmail right now.

Cheers and thanks for asking anyway mate.

Good job with the bulk order... ;)

Rowan

Ken, I'll have...

3 x Ventmatic taps with shanks and handle.
3 x SS shanks.

Do you know how long the SS shanks are?
Thanks for organising all this.

Ventmatic Tap package with Handle and Snaplock collar and shank is
72.50 ea....
Sounds good to me put me down for 1 :( sad face SWMBO will kill me if I buy more.
GMK if you are looking at an order of 50! Would ordering from the US be cheaper? I am in no hurry, I think you could probably live the thread open for another week and you would get more orders.
What size spout does it have?

Ken,

Would it be easier for the general public if you posted a picture of what you get for the price. ie; tap, collar and shank and the options.

What I'm assuming is that for the $72.50 per tap you get the tap, handle shank and snaplock collar. Now in its stock form will this just go through the wooden collar in my chest freezer. :unsure:

So in other words do these taps come stock with a piece of threaded pipe? Pics. may avoid a lot of confusion among the masses. :)

Warren -

Just to confirm I'm on the right path.

Does the faucet connect directly to the fridge extension shank?

Or do I need to get the faucet with shank and snaplock collar, and then connect this to the fridge extension shank?

Thanks

OK ...

Spout sizee is 10mm

Bad news on the panel ext...it is 3" long with female 3/4 " for the snaplock adaptor one end and 3/8 male thread thru the door - comes with washers and lock nut - no nipple.
You will still need the Snaplock collar and shank plus a snaplock adaptor to use this.

Sorry guys.

SO best bet is still with my all in one SS Snaplock fridges ext with SS Nipple for 55.00 ea and then you buy the Ventmatic Package with the snaplock male shank.

This is becoming real hard work guys... :)

So - those that wanted the panel ext will have to revaluate.

warrenlw63 said:
Ken,

Would it be easier for the general public if you posted a picture of what you get for the price. ie; tap, collar and shank and the options.

What I'm assuming is that for the $72.50 per tap you get the tap, handle shank and snaplock collar. Now in its stock form will this just go through the wooden collar in my chest freezer. :unsure:

So in other words do these taps come stock with a piece of threaded pipe? Pics. may avoid a lot of confusion among the masses. :)

Warren -
[post="76999"][/post]​

They dont have a website or any pics.
I asked him today if he would send me one - basically -NO.

The Package consists of Ventmatic 10mm spout tap, Black Plastic Handle, Collar, and male snaplock shank.

This will fit all Snaplock Fittings.
Those with BD Fridge Shanks - u should be able to sub this tap with your other tap - but u will need the collar from your old Tap.

Once this order is processed - all other orders will jump to 82.50 with the Plastic Handle.

He forgot taht in the original quote but is sticking buy it. ie 72.50 for the package.

If anyone wants to do a bulk buy with Ventmatic in the states go for it...

I only need 6 - if i order 10 it is free freight from Melb to Adelaide.

So - upto you guys - decide waht u want and let me know.

PS: These are the new taps that CUB are now using - this mob supply CUB and do there fit outs.

Sorry Ken.

I thought at $72.50 per unit these things would be operating out of the box. $150 for 2 taps in working order sounds fine. However adding another $50 per tap to have them working on a fridge or converted freezer is starting to sound a little too steep.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be looking at over $250 to have them working in my fridge?

Count me out please? It's getting a little too costly.

Warren -

Forgive me if I am not getting it but I have 3 connectors that come out of my fridge, when I go to attach the taps I push back the connector and push in a male spigot that has 3 alignment dimples on it.

Is this a snap lock ?

Will the $72.50 set attach correctly?

Stagger

Hey GMK,

Re-confirming I'll take four (4) of the vent-matic taps (incl handle) @ 62.50 ea.

Beers,
Doc

Stagger said:
Forgive me if I am not getting it but I have 3 connectors that come out of my fridge, when I go to attach the taps I push back the connector and push in a male spigot that has 3 alignment dimples on it.

Is this a snap lock ?

Will the $72.50 set attach correctly?

Stagger
[post="77040"][/post]​

I have been asssured that the package will fit.

The connector u push back is known as a snaplock fitting.

GMK said:
warrenlw63 said:
Ken,

Warren -
[post="76999"][/post]​

They dont have a website or any pics.
I asked him today if he would send me one - basically -NO.

The Package consists of Ventmatic 10mm spout tap, Black Plastic Handle, Collar, and male snaplock shank.

This will fit all Snaplock Fittings.
Those with BD Fridge Shanks - u should be able to sub this tap with your other tap - but u will need the collar from your old Tap.

Once this order is processed - all other orders will jump to 82.50 with the Plastic Handle.

He forgot taht in the original quote but is sticking buy it. ie 72.50 for the package.

If anyone wants to do a bulk buy with Ventmatic in the states go for it...

I only need 6 - if i order 10 it is free freight from Melb to Adelaide.

So - upto you guys - decide waht u want and let me know.

PS: These are the new taps that CUB are now using - this mob supply CUB and do there fit outs.
[post="77025"][/post]​

Go here for info about vent - matic
http://ceisites.com/faucet.htm

Normell

Back