Vent-matic Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrissyBrew said:
[snip]
Now compared to the above does this list have the equivalent to Andale all in one SS 3" Fridge EXT with SS Snaplock and SS nipple with package a) above.....Cost is 55.00 ea.

For a basic fridge conversion - I just received a parcel that included the following parts in it, from this webpage at Northern Brewer:
1 x K161 Vent-Matic Faucet $36.95,
1 x K022 Tap Handle $2.00,
1 x K166 4 inch Stainless Steel shank $35.95,
1 x K087 Standard Wing nut $2.25,
1 x K196 Tail piece (nipple) 3/16ths $1.00, and
1 x K030 Washer for nut $0.25.
(All prices are $US)
I also bought some gas and beer line and airmail postage was about US$26. Ordered Friday, arrived this morning

I assume this basic list does not have a snaplock? (quick disconnect thingy) and the male shank to use with it? [snip]

As GMK has correctly pointed out, my list (above) is a faucet and shank package only. I didn't buy a snaplock fitting and that's the point of my earlier posts. If you like the idea of being able to pull the tap off the door, without having to shut off the beer line then snaplocks are the way to go. For me, I just wanted to get the faucet and SS shank from the same supplier so I could be almost certain that they would fit. And I assembled it all last night - its a thing of beauty and the faucet screwed onto the stainless shank without a hitch!

Can I just say to all the "fencesitters" out there; don't sweat the snaplock issue if you are unsure of what to do. Just get the a straight shank and faucet and worry about snaplock fittings and adapters later - GMK has a good deal going on the best faucet going around for a keg fridge and you should take the opportunity to buy one of these excellent beer taps.

I'll post some photos of the real thing when I find the bloody camera!

Cheers,
TL

GMK said:
OK - This is wjhat i have done so far :please confirm or let me know if i have missed anyone:

62.50 VT - Ventmatic tap and Handle - NO collar or Shank
Thunderlips - 3
[post="77256"][/post]​

I still want 3 thanks Ken.

Is the cutoff for the order still tomorrow morning GMK ? Do we have enough numbers to get the good pricing ?
I'm itching to get mine installed and in production :chug:

Beers,
Doc

Yep DOc - that is teh best price i can get and there are enough numbers.

Close is tomorrow at 12.00midday so taht i can confirm the numbers for him....

Then process the order on Tuesday...after people have direct deposited into my account.

Sweet. So we should have them hopefully by next weekend. Wooohooooo. :chug:

Beers,
Doc

GMK said:
BrissyBrew said:
So for that price you dont get the shank right?
Maybe it is a time for a restatement of exactly what is on offer and the price.
[post="77171"][/post]​

No worries - Restatement:
I am providing some pics - but they show a grundy tap - as i dont have a ventmatic tap yet - but u should get the idea.

a) 72.50: Ventmatic Package consists of Ventmatic tap with 10mm Nozzle, Black Plastic Handle, Snaplock Collar and Shank - will fit Snaplocks/repalce grundy and floryte taps that have a snaplock shank/go into a snaplock/push collar fitting.
View attachment 3862

B) 62.50 Ventmatic Tap with 10mm nozzle + Black plastic handle only.
This will repalce the chrome/brass cheap US Taps - but u will need to utilise the collar from the fridge shank that u currently use to lock the cheap tap to the threaded fridge shank.
The tap is on the right...
View attachment 3864

For those that dont have existing taps or hardware etc...
- U will need the Andale all in one SS 3" Fridge EXT with SS Snaplock and SS nipple with package a) above.....Cost is 55.00 ea.
View attachment 3866

- with fonts u will need a 3/4" SS Snaplock fitting with package a) above...Cost is 35.00 ea or 3 for 100.00.
The snaplock fitting is on the left - the right shows the male shank that goes into it.
View attachment 3863

Jase's pics are good showing the font/snaplock fitting in the font.
I will ask Jase to take another pic with the tap off.

I hope this makes it clearer and easier for everyone to understand.
[post="77187"][/post]​

Hi Ken,

Here's some pics for all the guys interesting, sorry didn't have a spanner handy to remove the snaplock, but I'm sure you get the idea.

First picture, complete tap setup (Tap, screws onto collar, collar clicks into the snaplock fittings, which screws into the font)

september_2005_041.jpg

Second picture, ventmatic tap and collar

september_2005_040.jpg

Third picture, Font with tap and collar removed, please note that the snaplock fitting is still screwed in place.

september_2005_037.jpg

Hope this helps. Let me know if it doesn't.

Cheers,
Jase

Ok my final order:

3 x VTP kit (Tap + snaplock) @ $72.50

Thanks for all the work GMK.

OK put me down for;
$72.50 VTP - Ventmatic Tap Package - Handle, collar & Shank.

Sorry Kenny just wanted to know what I was getting and know what I would need to get.

(SWMBO ALERT at a later date I will think about either getting a SS 3" Fridge EXT or a tower)

Negotiating for a font complete with snaplocks, but don't know if I can get the 3 tap one, or the 2 tap one yet.
So put me down for 3 VTP - Ventmatic Tap Package - Handle, collar & Shank.

If I only use 2, should be able to sell one here, 'cause somebody will surely want one later :blink: :angry: :blink:

Normell

Ken

put me down for 4 - full setup.
I will call you 2morrow if that's cool, will save posting a heap of Qs here.

Hoops

Hi Guys,

Im new to kegging etc. How often do you need to rekit your taps. Is it worth grabbing some now or will they just be dust collectors.

Cheers BDB

Black Dog Brewery said:
Im new to kegging etc. How often do you need to rekit your taps. Is it worth grabbing some now or will they just be dust collectors.

I think its one of those luck of the draw things. I bought seal kits with some cheapo B3 taps a year ago and have not needed them. You should be able to get them later if you need them, but if you only have one tap and need them it could be a problem! :)

OK. I haven't even received my 4 kegs yet and it will be unlikely they will arrive until early Dec. However, It seems this is a good price according to those in the know and as such I should not miss it. Therefore please put me down for 1 + SS Fridge ext as I have nothing at the moment.

Figuring that that is all I will have to get to install one serving point thru the side of my fridge (I will also need lines and quick disconnects). If I am in need of someting else as well, please include it in the order Ken and let me know the final outcome as regards price. Thanks.

I will be a true brewer yet...,but the pain from trying to hide the cost from SWMBO is something else...I figure at the worst she will banish me to the brewhouse???

:beer:
PeterS....

I've never rekitted any of my HB taps and I've been kegging for years. Tap upgrades seem to come before re-kits :lol:

Doc

GMK,
For the $10 diff each I may as well get 2 of the full set up, rather than tap only.

Cheers
roach

OK - This is what i have done so far :please confirm or let me know if i have missed anyone:

72.50 VTP - Ventmatic Tap Package - Handle, collar & Shank

GMK - 6 + 6 Rekits
Ross/BroALt - 3
Kramer - 1 + SS Fridge ext (55.00)
Ozbrewer - 4
BigD - 2
Black Dog -2
Stagger - 3
DarrylB -2
Redbeard - 2 + 2x Rekits + 1 fridge ext (55.00)
JasonY - 3
Roach - 2
BrissyBrew - 1
Normell - 3
Wally - 2 + 2 Fridge ext + 2 rekits
Hoops - 4
Grand Total = 40

Doc - 4
Thunderlips - 3
Grand Total = 7
This is a mamoth Bulk Buy.

Ken better send your banking details, if $72.50 is the final price :p but maybe this guy will offer them a bit cheaper for sooooo many. :D

Normell

there will be some freight to...will work that out tonight hopefully 6.50 or 10.00 depending upon weight of taps.

GMK said:
OK - This is what i have done so far :please confirm or let me know if i have missed anyone:

72.50 VTP - Ventmatic Tap Package - Handle, collar & Shank

GMK - 6 + 6 Rekits
Ross/BroALt - 3
Kramer - 1 + SS Fridge ext (55.00)
Ozbrewer - 4
BigD - 2
Black Dog -2
Stagger - 3
DarrylB -2
Redbeard - 2 + 2x Rekits + 1 fridge ext (55.00)
JasonY - 3
Roach - 2
BrissyBrew - 1
Normell - 3
Wally - 2 + 2 Fridge ext + 2 rekits
Hoops - 4
Grand Total = 40

Doc - 4
Thunderlips - 3
Grand Total = 7
This is a mamoth Bulk Buy.