Vent-matic Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trough Lolly said:
GMK said:
So Trough Lolly - u in for any Ventmatic Taps
[post="76952"][/post]​

Thanks but no thanks Kenny - my brother can't help me out, so I ordered one with a SS shank last Friday from NB. Latest news from NB is that its already dispatched and on its way via airmail right now.

Cheers and thanks for asking anyway mate.

Good job with the bulk order... ;)

Rowan
[post="76959"][/post]​

Correction - ordered from Northern Brewer last Friday - arrived this morning (Wednesday)...Not bad! Guess what I'm doing this weekend!! :beer:
TL

for those wanting the bulk head adaptor, and dont want to spend $55....make one

all the bits are avilble from bunnings and prochem if you want to go SS

sam said:
Just to confirm I'm on the right path.

Does the faucet connect directly to the fridge extension shank?

Or do I need to get the faucet with shank and snaplock collar, and then connect this to the fridge extension shank?

Thanks
[post="77011"][/post]​

G'day Sam,
Time for a bit of clarification here...
To get beer from the keg to the glass, without opening the fridge door, you need a beer line connected between the (Black) beverage QD on the keg and the nipple on the inside of the fridge shank. The shank acts as the conduit through the fridge door.

On the outside of the fridge, you have a faucet screwed onto the end of the shank and you know what the faucet does! B) Vent-Matic faucets fit standard shanks from the US (they don't guarantee they fit on European sourced shanks and I suspect that most of our Aussie shanks are based on the US shank - happy to stand corrected if anyone knows more on that...

The snaplock fitting/adapter is not an essential item, but they are nice to have. You can easily get by with just a shank and faucet as millions of keg fridges currently have. So I would carefully consider at least buying the faucet, regardless of whether you can afford or need to have a snaplock fitting between the shank and the faucet. Think of a snaplock fitting as a kind of QD for the beer tap.

For a basic fridge conversion - I just received a parcel that included the following parts in it, from this webpage at Northern Brewer:
1 x K161 Vent-Matic Faucet $36.95,
1 x K022 Tap Handle $2.00,
1 x K166 4 inch Stainless Steel shank $35.95,
1 x K087 Standard Wing nut $2.25,
1 x K196 Tail piece (nipple) 3/16ths $1.00, and
1 x K030 Washer for nut $0.25.
(All prices are $US)

I also bought some gas and beer line and airmail postage was about US$26. Ordered Friday, arrived this morning :D

If you're not sure about the snaplock fitting, PM GMK for more info, but I would still try to get a Vent-Matic faucet if you can afford it - they're worth the effort...

Hope this makes sense :ph34r:
TL

Trough Lolly said:
Correction - ordered from Northern Brewer last Friday - arrived this morning (Wednesday)...Not bad! Guess what I'm doing this weekend!! :beer:
TL
[post="77083"][/post]​

Drinking many well poured beers from the new tap you are installing tonight.
Can you take a couple of piccy's for us so we can all get excited waiting for ours to arrive.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Drinking many well poured beers from the new tap you are installing tonight.
Can you take a couple of piccy's for us so we can all get excited waiting for ours to arrive.

Beers,
Doc
[post="77091"][/post]​

Mate, I wish I could install tonight but I'm babysitting / earning browny points for a beery weekend ;)

I'll see if I can dig up the camera and take a shot or two...Perhaps it would help if I assembled the gear on a table top and took an exploded view of it to help those who aren't sure how it all goes together. By the way, your tap setup piccies are dead sexy Doc! They'll look fantastic with the Vent-Matics installed... B)

Cheers,
TL

GMK I am still in for one and with the bits to go through the door. As Ozbrewer said I could make it, but finding parts in this town is like finding a needle in a haystack and I run my own business so its hard to find time!

PM me your bank details and final price when you know so I can transfer the money.

Thanks Kramer

Trough Lolly said:
I'll see if I can dig up the camera and take a shot or two...Perhaps it would help if I assembled the gear on a table top and took an exploded view of it to help those who aren't sure how it all goes together.

[post="77095"][/post]​

That would be really beneficial for the guys who are sitting on the fence.

Trough Lolly said:
By the way, your tap setup piccies are dead sexy Doc! They'll look fantastic with the Vent-Matics installed... B)

Cheers,
TL
[post="77095"][/post]​

It does the job. It will look much much better as you suggest with the vent-matic taps, all the same tap handles and the Montheiths badges. Looking forward to it.

Beers,
Doc

As a side note - i sell the Grundy/Brumby Taps from Lancer Pacific for 95.00 ea - Rec Retail is $110.00..

Therefore, these Taps at 72.50 ea are a very good buy...

They will cost over 85.00 next order....

warrenlw63 said:
Sorry Ken.

I thought at $72.50 per unit these things would be operating out of the box. $150 for 2 taps in working order sounds fine. However adding another $50 per tap to have them working on a fridge or converted freezer is starting to sound a little too steep.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be looking at over $250 to have them working in my fridge?

Count me out please? It's getting a little too costly.

Warren -
[post="77026"][/post]​

Warren -if you have Andale Floryte taps that use a snaplock fitting - ie you push a collar back and the tap pushes in and clicks - has 3 dimples on the male for the ball bearings (EG as long it is not a LOCK-IN Floryte Tap) - the Ventmatic Package will replace the taps - and you are good to go.

Hope this clears some things up.
Check out Jase's post with the pics.

So for that price you dont get the shank right?
Maybe it is a time for a restatement of exactly what is on offer and the price.

BrissyBrew said:
So for that price you dont get the shank right?
Maybe it is a time for a restatement of exactly what is on offer and the price.
[post="77171"][/post]​

No worries - Restatement:
I am providing some pics - but they show a grundy tap - as i dont have a ventmatic tap yet - but u should get the idea.

a) 72.50: Ventmatic Package consists of Ventmatic tap with 10mm Nozzle, Black Plastic Handle, Snaplock Collar and Shank - will fit Snaplocks/repalce grundy and floryte taps that have a snaplock shank/go into a snaplock/push collar fitting.
package.JPG

B) 62.50 Ventmatic Tap with 10mm nozzle + Black plastic handle only.
This will repalce the chrome/brass cheap US Taps - but u will need to utilise the collar from the fridge shank that u currently use to lock the cheap tap to the threaded fridge shank.
The tap is on the right...
tap_male.JPG

For those that dont have existing taps or hardware etc...
- U will need the Andale all in one SS 3" Fridge EXT with SS Snaplock and SS nipple with package a) above.....Cost is 55.00 ea.
all.JPG

- with fonts u will need a 3/4" SS Snaplock fitting with package a) above...Cost is 35.00 ea or 3 for 100.00.
The snaplock fitting is on the left - the right shows the male shank that goes into it.
Snaplock_and_male.JPG

Jase's pics are good showing the font/snaplock fitting in the font.
I will ask Jase to take another pic with the tap off.

I hope this makes it clearer and easier for everyone to understand.

Nah, I'm out for sure Ken.

I don't have the shanks just a 2 tap font.

I was looking to put them into the wooden collar on the freezer. So I'd be looking at $110 more than I planned. <_< This will get me death by firing squad from SWMBO.

This pic illustrated what I thought I'd be getting for $72.50.

Sorry again for any inconvenience.

Warren -

Damn bulk buys will be the death of me.
Just got back home from a few days away but I might be up for 4 Ken. I will read through everything properly tomorrow and get back to you.

Hoops

ummmm anyone want to buy a heap of old brumby and andale taps :(

Kenny thanks for the clarification, and putting up with newbies like me.

SWMBO altert,
looks like I might be out.

Now compared to the above does this list have the equivalent to Andale all in one SS 3" Fridge EXT with SS Snaplock and SS nipple with package a) above.....Cost is 55.00 ea.

For a basic fridge conversion - I just received a parcel that included the following parts in it, from this webpage at Northern Brewer:
1 x K161 Vent-Matic Faucet $36.95,
1 x K022 Tap Handle $2.00,
1 x K166 4 inch Stainless Steel shank $35.95,
1 x K087 Standard Wing nut $2.25,
1 x K196 Tail piece (nipple) 3/16ths $1.00, and
1 x K030 Washer for nut $0.25.
(All prices are $US)
I also bought some gas and beer line and airmail postage was about US$26. Ordered Friday, arrived this morning

I assume this basic list does not have a snaplock? (quick disconnect thingy) and the male shank to use with it?

The snaplock fitting is on the left - the right shows the male shank that goes into it. (now I understand, what is called a collar I thought was called a shank).

I assume this basic list does not have a snaplock? (quick disconnect thingy) and the male shank to use with it?

Correct - Basic Kit is Tap with plastic handle.

Rowan paid 104.00 US dollars (inc freight) = 135.00 Aus for his KIT from NB.

Now mine equivalent is 127.00 plus freight of 6.50 or 10.00 for:
Ventmatic Package consists of Ventmatic tap with 10mm Nozzle, Black Plastic Handle, Snaplock Collar and Shank with all in one SS 3" Fridge EXT with SS Snaplock and SS nipple ...

This also gives you the added advantage of being able to quickly remove the tap without disconecting the beer line as the snaplocks have a one way check valve in them.
With Rowan's shank assembly - u need to disconect the beer line as his does not have a one way check valve.

Hope this helps.

OK - This is wjhat i have done so far :please confirm or let me know if i have missed anyone:

72.50 VTP - Ventmatic Tap Package - Handle, collar & Shank

GMK - 6 + 6 Rekits
Ross/BroALt - 3
Kramer - 1 + SS Fridge ext (55.00)
Ozbrewer - 4
BigD - 2
Black Dog -2
Stagger - 3
DarrylB -2
Redbeard - 2 + 2x Rekits + 1 fridge ext (55.00)
Grand Total = 25

62.50 VT - Ventmatic tap and Handle - NO collar or Shank
Doc - 4
JasonY - 3
Roach - 2
Thunderlips - 3
Grand Total = 12

This is a mamoth Bulk Buy.

Thanks for all the time and effort, but for me, just a little to expensive at the moment.

Damn it, I wanted them so much.

Are you going to be selling these in the future GMK? It will be mine.

Cheers,

Sam

Back