Vent-matic Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between this and the temp controller buy, we are keeping the economy alive!

Brew Your Own and Save the Country!

dreamboat

Hmmm Ventmatic

Bar_Just_About_Finished_0541.jpg

Gotta love those ventmatics.

Bar_Just_About_Finished_016.jpg

Bar_Just_About_Finished_01121.jpg

Cheers,
Jase

I currently have 2 taps from BD as per the attached piccy. Can someone tell me if I can simply replace the existing taps by screwing on the Vent-matic's tap(ie no snaplock fittings). Or is the sizing incompatible??

Shankassembly.jpeg

nice set up Jase..

Where did u get the font and drip tray from...

I'll take 3 Ken! Will wait on a PM for the details on the banking.

Must be a record for GMKEnterprises :p

Top work GMK.

Just to confirm, here are some pics of my current taps.
KegFreezerTaps_003__Medium_.jpgKegFreezerTaps_005__Medium_.jpg

I can get the Vent-matic taps only (no snaplock fitting or shank required) as they will screw on to my existing fittings yes ?

If so I'm in.

Beers,
Doc

roach said:
I currently have 2 taps from BD as per the attached piccy. Can someone tell me if I can simply replace the existing taps by screwing on the Vent-matic's tap(ie no snaplock fittings). Or is the sizing incompatible??
[post="76845"][/post]​

Hi Roach

I'm fairly certain that the sizing is compatible. Someone more clued up than myself will need to comment on whether or not the metals are compatible. The BD shanks you have will be chrome plated brass and Ventmatic is all SS.

Personally it's a lot of money to change over my 5 taps. If one of my taps gets a little stuck I'm pretty sure I have the strength in my arms to pull the lever forward.

In the words of Arnie "Ventmatics are for girly-men" (said in an Austro/Hungarian/American accent)

Cheers
MAH

Just been informed that i can do the SS fridge ext as in like Brewers Discount from the same guy for 25.00 ea.

Dont know yet if that includes the Beer line connection - now taht is a good price.

Doc - according to their web site - the ventmatic is compatble with all standard fittings.
So as i dont have any of those shanks - i cant give you a 100% guarantee

sam said:
So do I need to get a fridge extension to fit on the shank that comes with the Vent-matic to put it through a fridge door?

Brand New SS snaplock and Fridge ext with SS Nipple 55.00.
This mates into the Ventmatic Snaplock male shank adaptor

Hope this makes sense

If so, at a total cost of $150 (for two taps) and $110 (for fridge adaptors), I think I'll be out.

Thanks,

Sam
[post="76820"][/post]​

So u should be able to get the taps for 145.00 and the shanks for 50.00 = 195.00
Just need to check the beer line connection.

Kenny, I have no idea what you guys are talking about since I am not yet into kegging and the terminology is all strange to me. ( However,4 kegs are on the way and I need to serve it in time one way or another.)

In order to quote a mutual friend who says that "You are not a brewer, until" etc, do you think I should follow this path and order one.? I am sure you will say "Certainly", in which case, put me down for one.

MInd you, I am not sure what else I need to have just one serving point coming out of my fridge at this stage. (I am sure you will stear me to the right path...and let me know)

:beer:
PeterS....

I think I'll pass. The price is just a little too high for me compared to the cost of it direct from the US.

Do you know what spout size they are shipping us with GMK ?
The growler fill spout (eg. semi CPBF sounds interesting too).

Beers,
Doc

NO IDEA - will let you know when i find out.

Sorry Ken, Just got the electric bill for this winter, can't look at new taps for a while. SWMBO would kill me!

Cheeres

GMK - I am going to bail also. with an element of doubt over the shank compatibility and the pricing with the shank pushing it over the SWMBO sensitivity threshold for brewing equip. Especially as the brewing equip budget for 2005 is probably 300% over budget now.

So will have to go with MAH's "Ventmatics are for girly-men" mantra(but having said that I will prolly sneak a few ventmatics early in the new year on my next B3 order, after feedback from AHB ers)

Good luck with the bulk buy GMK and appreciate your efforts in sourcing and getting all the info.

Doc said:
I can get the Vent-matic taps only (no snaplock fitting or shank required) as they will screw on to my existing fittings yes ?

If so I'm in.

Beers,
Doc
[post="76854"][/post]​

For those who are wondering whether the ventmatic will fit their existing setups,
I've just measured the ventmatic thread size, approx 28mm od, as well as the screw on fitting, 27.5mm. Perfect fit. I suggest that you measure the size of the screw on fitting.

Cheers,
Jase

GMK said:
nice set up Jase..

Where did u get the font and drip tray from...
[post="76852"][/post]​

Thanks Ken,

I bought the font off a mate at work, who bought off ebay. He was after a single tap font, so when he bought one, he off loaded this one onto me for 160 bills. Boy did that take some convincing........

I bought the ss drip tray off ebay for 20 bills, the top kilkenny drip tray was from ashtreebrewery, swapped him a set of quick disconnects.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase said:
Doc said:

If so I'm in.

Beers,
Doc
[post="76854"][/post]​

For those who are wondering whether the ventmatic will fit their existing setups,
I've just measured the ventmatic thread size, approx 28mm od, as well as the screw on fitting, 27.5mm. Perfect fit. I suggest that you measure the size of the screw on fitting.

Cheers,
Jase
[post="76921"][/post]​

Thanks Jase. A quick measure up on my fittings and I get the same measurements, so I'm in for four (4) thanks GMK, without snaplock fittings and shank. I hope it still comes with the handle.

Beers,
Doc

GMK said:
Just been informed that i can do the SS fridge ext as in like Brewers Discount from the same guy for 25.00 ea.

Well I will go with three taps minus the snaplock and shank and three fridge extensions. i assume no other fittings will be required to attach the tap to the extensions like the Bd ones. Will want them with the beer line connection :p

yep im still in it.decided on two with collar and shank.

cheers
big d

Latest posts

Back