Vent-matic Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any need for the shanks (nor do I want the effort of trying to sell them on Ebay from the UK) so I think I'll hold off on this one.

GMK said:
If we go thru him they will cost: 75.00 ea.
This includes the following package:
- Ventmatic Tap
- Blaclk Plastic Handle
- SS Snaplock collar and Shank

[post="76438"][/post]​

Ken, it's a shame we need to buy the snaplock fittings but I don't think importing the taps from the US would be any cheaper anyway, after postage and all that, so put me down for three.
How would you expect us to pay?

Ken,

Sorry, I won't be going in just yet... I'm borrowing a spare taps from a mate first off then will most likely get some of these at a later date!

Cheers, Phil

Would love to have one, and would need the connection through the fridge, a price for the extra connection through the fridge would be great?

Kramer said:
Would love to have one, and would need the connection through the fridge, a price for the extra connection through the fridge would be great?
[post="76608"][/post]​

Brand New SS snaplock and Fridge ext with SS Nipple 55.00.
This mates into the Ventmatic Snaplock male shank adaptor

Hope this makes sense

Hi there I dont have a draft system at the moment but I was looking at getting some ventamatics for my kegs (if and when they ever arrive). For a newbie to the draft world, will the tap screw onto a stardard front? and can we buy shanks etc here in Oz that will fit it (eg I suspect all the fittings are not stardard as normal)

Ok GMK put me down for one tap and a fridge extension too please.

BrissyBrew said:
Hi there I dont have a draft system at the moment but I was looking at getting some ventamatics for my kegs (if and when they ever arrive). For a newbie to the draft world, will the tap screw onto a stardard front? and can we buy shanks etc here in Oz that will fit it (eg I suspect all the fittings are not stardard as normal)
[post="76715"][/post]​

Yes BrissyBrew,
That's what I plan on doing - NB sells the ventmatic faucet for US$36.95 and a Stainless Steel 4 inch shank for the fridge door at US$35.95. Not cheap but you get the best tap on a new stainless shank...

As I mentioned to GMK a week or so ago, Perlicks make a forward seal faucet too, but they've paid a licence to use the Ventmatic design. So, if you want to save a few bucks, get a Perlicks faucet from Superior Products for US$25.50. Based on a bit of research, I still believe that Ventmatic makes a better faucet although one thing needs to be noted.

A standard faucet / tap lock does NOT fit on a Ventmatic faucet

If you want to have a look at the NB taps and shanks: click on this link...

The Superior Products URL...is here...

Cheers,
TL

One other thing to note:
If you plan on fitting a Ventmatic Faucet to an adapter on the keg, you need to fit a small shank between the back of the faucet and the faucet adapter due to the design of the faucet.

The faucet has a small tongue that moves to the rear of the faucet when the tap is used and that will foul against the faucet adapter so you need to make a bit of clearance between the faucet and the adapter.

Hope this makes sense - it came from a Beer Advocate article on Ventmatics...

Just wanted to keep everyone fully informed on what they might be buying. Ventmatics still rock!!

Cheers,
TL

I like that fact these taps don't get stick. Wish I could say the same about my Florytes. <_<

If this goes ahead I will definitely take 2. :beerbang:

Warren -

A video of a Ventmatic in action here :beerbang: :super:

Probably need DSL for this. :unsure:

Warren -

I just got myself 3 new taps, my brew budget has been blown already..

OK - just so that i can confirm numbers and try an negotiate a better price - this is what i have down so far - please confirm or let me know if i hav emissed anyone:
Ventmatic Package of Tap, Handle and SNaplock Shank:
GMK - 6
Doc - 4
JasonY - 3
Roach - 2
Ozbrewer - 4
BigD - 2-3
Barfridge - 1-2
Sam - 2-3
Black Dog - 2-3
Warrenlw63 - 2
BradT - 2
Stagger - 3
DarrylB 2-3
Kramer -1
Grand total = 37 - 41 depending on price.

Without the snaplock shank;
Thunderlips - 3-4
Kook - 3-5
Grand Total = 6-9
All subject to pricing...

This is a mamoth Bulk Buy.

So do I need to get a fridge extension to fit on the shank that comes with the Vent-matic to put it through a fridge door?

Brand New SS snaplock and Fridge ext with SS Nipple 55.00.
This mates into the Ventmatic Snaplock male shank adaptor

Hope this makes sense

If so, at a total cost of $150 (for two taps) and $110 (for fridge adaptors), I think I'll be out.

Thanks,

Sam

Ok - just got off the phone with him.
he has just had delivery of 200 come in.

First in gets the order. Hetold me taht the price did not include teh Plastic Handle - this is normally 10.00 extra - but he will honour the price.

Therefore:
Ventmatic Tap package with Handle and Snaplock collar and shank is
72.50 ea....

Ventmatic tap without Snaplock collar and shank is 62.50.
Rekit - all seals needed are 7.00 ea

If we go ahead with this order of 50 units - we are looking at over 3500.00

Therefore, As with the March Pump Bulk buy - Once u confirm your order it will be classed as a contract.

I need to get this in soon - while he has the stock - so this bulk buy will close 8.00 am Friday Morning.

So please confirm.

Latest posts

Back