The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good Chap Chap. We'll all chip in for 2kg in the next bulk buy for you. I'm sure I could spare at least $1 for you my 'special' man friend :)

Votes that Chap Chap gets any excess hops next BB packing day :) :D

Thanks Brownie but I'll just put it down to just plain bad luck! :icon_cheers:
Didn't someones hops get put in a empty foil package on the arvo??
I'll share some dust with you mate if you can't find them.

All good guys! It just wasn't ment to be. Appreciate the thoughts but the stuff up wasn't due to us on the day.

Bloody naysayer. If it weren't for you and your loyal packers, posters and...ahem....drinkers, all us lazy buggers wouldn't have our hops today.

You deserve 4x what you have.... (although 4x nothing is really not much..... <_<)....

Honestly, hands up who wouldn't mind chucking in an extra dollar or two to ensure the packers and posters are guaranteed hops regardless of wether they are in the bulk buy or not? *Hands up*

Cheers

Got mine today and all packed.

Great work with the 'calibrated scoop' ended up with 5g~ just over on all my hops. Awesome.

On a side note, im umsure if they have been labelled incorrectly as the marco polo is the only one that doesnt look as 'green' as the Cascade or Saaz, slightly 'brown'. kinda reminds me of the 08 Superpride i got from Ross recently. I think i recall someone saying the marco polo was the better looking of the hops?

Mine look the same 4*. Sure all will be fine. They smell good though :icon_drool2:

Cheers

Honestly, hands up who wouldn't mind chucking in an extra dollar or two to ensure the packers and posters are guaranteed hops regardless of wether they are in the bulk buy or not? *Hands up*

Cheers

My hand is up as well for bulk buy #2. They'd earn it I reckon

chappo are you serious mate? If I got a gold coin donation I'll certainly donate it back to you as well as some of the hops if it's ever feasible for me to give them to you.

If you can't find them I vote we all donate back our gold coins and buy you some hops of your choice from craft brewer.

I've been trawling and trawling but can't find....do we have the final AA% for all the ChinaHops?

Cheers

chappo are you serious mate? If I got a gold coin donation I'll certainly donate it back to you as well as some of the hops if it's ever feasible for me to give them to you.

If you can't find them I vote we all donate back our gold coins and buy you some hops of your choice from craft brewer.

I wish I was joking MB. <_<

Nah look it was a mix up and simply I didn't take my share before the split because I thought it was the right thing to do and I didn't want any short fall to come back on me for one reason or another. Others thought I would have already taken my divvy because I took delivery of them and had them stored here at home in my fridges. I was also omitted off the packing list for some reason which didn't help? I the fury of the day I just assumed I was on the packing list. So there's no one really to blame so I'll cop it sweet and put it down to experience.

Thanks for the offer but I guess I really should have checked what was going on.

Cheers

Chap Chap

You are a selfless *******! Honestly, we'll sort you out (with both hops, and in the 'other' way ;))

You're a shoe-in for 30kg from the next BB

Cheers

PS: Check your phone you slack *******

Nah look it was a mix up and simply I didn't take my share before the split because I thought it was the right thing to do and I didn't want any short fall to come back on me for one reason or another. Others thought I would have already taken my divvy because I took delivery of them and had them stored here at home in my fridges. I was also omitted off the packing list for some reason which didn't help? I the fury of the day I just assumed I was on the packing list. So there's no one really to blame so I'll cop it sweet and put it down to experience.

Thanks for the offer but I guess I really should have checked what was going on.

Cheers

Chap Chap

You're a nice humble bloke mate but I disagree entirely. You deserve to have the hops you paid for and you deserve it more than almost anyone, and you shouldn't have to wait until the next buy to get what you deserve.

PS: Check your phone you slack *******

You know how things happen in threes? Well Sunday night after cleaning up I decided to take Pete (who had flat batteries <_< ) and my phone for a swim FFS. So I can't answer or check meassages on my phone till I get the phone replaced! :lol:

Cheers

Chap Chap

Chappo, PM me your address and I'll send you some of mine, as I have more than I need. It's only the Cascade and Saaz though...

You know how things happen in threes? Well Sunday night after cleaning up I decided to take Pete (who had flat batteries <_< ) and my phone for a swim FFS. So I can't answer or check meassages on my phone till I get the phone replaced! :lol:

Shame.... Oh well, reply to the barbs at the whim of you and the acquisition of your new phone :p

Cheers

PS: You're more than welcome to some of my hops Chap Chap... You'll just need to make the trip up next weekend for a super-double-quad brew day :)

I've been trawling and trawling but can't find....do we have the final AA% for all the ChinaHops?

Cheers

Nick,

Page 1, Post 2 gives you some info to put in BeerSmith, Promash, etc.
Pocket Beers posted the AA's on Page 54, Post 1063.

Have PM'd Chappo & Bribie. Something will be sorted out for Chappo I'm sure. Why wasn't his name on the packing list?

TP

Nick,

Page 1, Post 2 gives you some info to put in BeerSmith, Promash, etc.
Pocket Beers posted the AA's on Page 54, Post 1063.

Have PM'd Chappo & Bribie. Something will be sorted out for Chappo I'm sure. Why wasn't his name on the packing list?

TP

TP, thats where I looked last night after asking the same questions. They seem to be a lot different to the AA%'s listed in Craftbrewer. Im going with saaz: 4.3, cascade: 5.8, Cluster 6.5-6.8. Hope someone can confirm these?
Cheers
Steve

Edit: A post from pocket beers last night:

One of Townsville's posts had these details:

Chinese hops

the production date is : October 16, 2009
Hops are new harvest this year
SAAZ 4.3%
CASCADE 5.8%
CLUSTER 6.5%~6.8%
MARCO POLO 12%
NUGGET 11-13%

PB

CHappo ol mate. If you need some to brew with you can use some of mine and replace with the next lot that comes in. I have more than enough to share. You know where i live just pop by and get what you need.

JJ

CHappo ol mate. If you need some to brew with you can use some of mine and replace with the next lot that comes in. I have more than enough to share. You know where i live just pop by and get what you need.

OK, its all wonderful doing these BIG bulk BUYS. Fancy Chappo missing out. To all I am investigating. Check your order please when you get it. If you get more than your entitled to, let me know, I'll send money to mail it to Chappo.

Also please weight your samples people, I want AND NEED to know, did you get 1. a little under, 2. exactly, or 3. a little over the kilo mark for each order.

I'll post here a suggestion for Chappo tommorrow if you like if he remains hop free. Just doing an internal check now.

On the AAU front, that pot above is correct and up to date

Graham L Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back