The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Lael, this is my first time here, I live in Angra dos Reis, Brazil and I'm interested to know how I can buy your Lael Kit?
Not sure this is the correct place, if not I apologize, but it was the place I found to make this contact. Grateful for your help.

Hi Northfleet,

I'll PM you with options. Best if you can get more than one kit and split with peope to reduce the postage cost. Essentially the kit is $50, postage is $30 for international and can fit up to 500gr (about 4-5 kits max).

Cheers,

Lael

lael said:
I have about 6 kits ready to go, but they are missing 15mm nylon mounts (got sent the wrong thing and ran out). If anyone wants one, just PM me.
I've just ordered a fresh round of PCBs which I'm intending to be the last batch of kits that I do. They are amazing, but take a bit of time to organise and package and send.
Lael,
Do you have any more of these kits left. Willing to take one if you have
Thanks

hi all
is anyone still having any issues with the screen scrambling with a 240volt pump?
the new one I just finished seems to scramble when ever the 240v live wire is connected to the board.
any ideas??

cheers
tate

tateg said:
hi all
is anyone still having any issues with the screen scrambling with a 240volt pump?
the new one I just finished seems to scramble when ever the 240v live wire is connected to the board.
any ideas??

cheers
tate
There is a fix in the main controller thread, or you could decouple it using an SSR

Hi Lael,

I received the kit last week and I have everything assembled minus the lcd. The kit did not come the screws, you could tell me what extend they have?

Cheers.
Fran

Hi Lael,

Im interesting to buy Controller Kit. Please let me know if you have one for sale.

Thank you
Andrej

Hi!
I've already put some M3 screws which my father in law had.
Everything works fine!!!

Fran

HI Everyone!

About to send out some kits this week - if you want one and haven't already been in touch - PM me and let me know.

Cheers!

Lael

MastersBrewery said:
There is a fix in the main controller thread, or you could decouple it using an SSR

Masters - do you have the link to that post? I had issue with my new build scrambling as well and don't like that much. Someone today told me that he's found simply re-flashing the arduino might fix it which sounded strange.

If the arduino is scrambling EVERY time you connect power I would think there is something wrong with your wiring or similar.

matho said:
yeah scrambled screens are a sign of EMI caused by switch an inductive load, the boards that lael have been producing already has a snubber circuit across the switch but it seems not to suppress the EMI enough. I'm looking into whether putting another snubber circuit across the load will cause any problems with the exisiting snubber circuit. Another thing that might help is to put an electrolytic capacitor across the 12 supply to further decouple the power supply, 2200uf 16v worked for me when I was switching a fridge compressor.

cheers steve
This is the post I was referring to. From what I understand if the house supply is noisy/dirty it will interfer with the unit also, if you remember turning on a blender and the TV screen getting snow you'll understand what I mean( I note one of SWMBO's electric massages does this) so a snubber across the supply may be required.

In the end if you have eliminated EMI from high voltage(240v) and eliminated electronic noise from pumps and input power, it would then have to be a issue with the solder joints(more likely) or software(possible not probable and a reflash should resolve). If you have access to one of those lit magnifying glasses on a stand grab it and go over all the LCD joints, perhaps even switch out the LCD.

ED further reflection has me wondering, you could try a computer psu as they are made to supply clean 12v your pentium is a lot more fickle a bout the juice it gets

MastersBrewery said:
This is the post I was referring to. From what I understand if the house supply is noisy/dirty it will interfer with the unit also, if you remember turning on a blender and the TV screen getting snow you'll understand what I mean( I note one of SWMBO's electric massages does this) so a snubber across the supply may be required.

In the end if you have eliminated EMI from high voltage(240v) and eliminated electronic noise from pumps and input power, it would then have to be a issue with the solder joints(more likely) or software(possible not probable and a reflash should resolve). If you have access to one of those lit magnifying glasses on a stand grab it and go over all the LCD joints, perhaps even switch out the LCD.

ED further reflection has me wondering, you could try a computer psu as they are made to supply clean 12v your pentium is a lot more fickle a bout the juice it gets
Was a bad solder joint in my case only way I sorted it out was to go back over all the solder joints
None actually looked like a cold joint but one of them must have been

Running a 220v pump and LCD without any problem, and that I bought a ssr for pump but in the end I have not been used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnm_QfQtR4Q
A special greeting and Lael

That looks fantastic! Nice work elpiratella! So satisfying to see them come together nicely. Brilliant job on the build!

Elpiratilla, very nice build! I see you added a potentiometer. Was this wired in between the SSR and the element, to turn down the heat in the case of a potential boil over. Or is it an over ride of the PID to get a stronger boil?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back