Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Build/Advice/Question Thread

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by SBOB, 5/11/15.

1. claypot

Posted 17/11/18
    Sweet thanks for posting that, I should of followed up for others, I ended up using a multimeter, set for resistance testing and tracked them back to find out. Should of corrected my original post diagram, thanks again.

2. zwitter

Posted 3/3/19
    The ones supplied by Lael in the kit have an extra resistor in the positive. My suggestion. It stopped them from being blown up when plugging in when it was turned on.

Zwitter
    James

3. bungelbear

Posted 3/4/19
    Hi all, i am wondering if there is still someone on this thread that can help me with a question i have about my Brauduino.
    i am changing my system to a BIAB setup and am doing away with my pump. what i want to do is run my 2 elements off the 2 SSR's and i want to use the existing buttons on the front board. so i wired up the pump button similar to the heat button (positive out of green block to positive on SSR. 3+ and minus out if green block to minus on SSR. 4-)
    I also wired an inline fuse into the positive as an added measure to protect the 5A onboard relay. I powered it up and pushed the button. i got the click from the relay but the light did not come on, on the SSR. What is in the circuitry that is stopping a signal being pushed to the 12V side of the relay? Is it completely different to the heat circuit because of the relay and snubber circuit? Can i not use it at all, so therefore install a new switch. Cheers for any help
    20190403_221353.jpg 20190403_221512.jpg 20190403_221343.jpg

4. LiquidCurrency

Posted 13/7/19
    Hi All,

Chasing a couple of Lowara pumps. Can get them from a brew shop for $190ea.
    Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get two at a better price?
    [​IMG]
    upload_2019-7-14_4-26-54.png

5. zwitter

Posted 16/7/19
    Hi Bunglebear

Do you want to drive the elements separately?

Are you going to just use manual mode?

You can use the output switch of the pump to drive the SSR. If you do you need to remove the 240v if you had a 240v pump. If you had a 12v pump then you can use the pump output to drive the SSR. You will need to get the polarity correct.

An alternative is to use the transistor that drives the relay to drive the SSR directly but it would require some delicate soldering.

Let me know?
    PM me if you like.

James
    Zwitter

6. zwitter

Posted 16/7/19
    Hi Bunglebear

A few thins i will point out.
    The fuse is not 240 safe.
    Having the SSRs with output so close to input is a poor way to locate them. I would suggest having both inputs in the middle and the outputs at either end.

The brown wire colour should be reserved for Active 240
    The blue colour wire should be reserved for Neutral 240

The wire on the input side of the SSR can be quite small and is signal only very little current.

I like the earthing of the SSR frame.

James
    Zwitter