The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello! I have read this project through a forum and it seems awesome. I would like to follow your steps.
I want one of this!!

PM lael for a kit. He has been doing the organisation on these. I will be keen for another one also. So that's two. He usually likes around ten people and then does a mail out.

Hi guys
Just wondering what kind of accuracy everyone in getting with the sure electronics temp probe
Mine seems to be out by a couple of degrees when out of liquid, but closer when is, measured against a thermopen
Cheers

When I measured my new braumonster the other day it was about a degree out in the liquid at the top of the malt pipe, but bang on when the probe was in the liquid in the outer pot. I figured it wasn't deep enough for the digital thermometer to be accurate at the top of the malt pipe and didnt worry about it.

I have about 6 kits ready to go, but they are missing 15mm nylon mounts (got sent the wrong thing and ran out). If anyone wants one, just PM me.

I've just ordered a fresh round of PCBs which I'm intending to be the last batch of kits that I do. They are amazing, but take a bit of time to organise and package and send.

Received nylon mounts today. PM me if you want a kit.

I have been studying the threads around the Brauduino and your Braumiser and I am getting close to the build. I would like to take your design and add a jacketed kettle for cooling and some sort of hop dropper for additions.
I think this will require 2 more sets of outputs that are not in the current design. I am new to the electronics side of the build so I need to seek advice from the experts. My thought is that I would drive a soloniod based on the wort temp after boil. And for the hop dropper maybe a drive for a stepper motor.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Does anyone know how to install the drivers for the arduino board with windows 8 ive been trying half the bloody day

Does anyone know how to install the drivers for the arduino board with windows 8 ive been trying half the bloody day
Yeah that was fun
From memory I ran the install package and remember where you extracted it to
Then go to device manager right click on the unknown devise or ardrino what ever is there and select properties.
Go to drivers tab
Then update driver button
Locate the file from earlier
That Should do it

HI Tate!

Yep - just sent you one back. Was out camping for a few days. Arrived home to a bunch of deliveries for the final big run :)

Hey guys:

From Spain, my first time in the forum.

I received the kit LAEL, and just finished mounting.

Thank you to LAEL for answering many private messages.

Attached pictures of initial assembly, with tests to check that it works.

Next step is to mount all the electronics in a box, and make a general function test "In dry" replaces pump and resistance by leds or similar.

Regards,

WIMG_0422.jpg
WIMG_0425.jpg

wIMG_0426.jpg
WIMG_0429.jpg

Nice work! Very satisfying to see it come alive! :)
Did you find the temp probe in the post I linked? That is the default temp when there is no probe attached. It looks like you have the standoff at the top right - the solder will hold the top in place - so I normally put both standoffs at the bottom of the LCD (it probably doesn't make any difference at all in use).

Thanks for your advice Lael.

You're right, the probe is not connected, it was just an initial test of the assembly was correct, and that everything worked.

Carlos

Latest posts

Back