The Brauduino (Matho’s Controller) Buy thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lael said:
Hi Masters! - didn't get it sorted out yet, but didn't have the issue with the yoghurt I was making... I suspect it is either the soldering on the connection from the temp probe or to the socket for the temp probe (mic jack for removal). Or... I have a feeling that the element might be pulling more than it is supposed to. I think the heatsink is getting a lot hotter than when I run the first system - but I'm not sure what impact that would have on the other components / and if / why it would cause issues?
Doing a batch today - ran a test mash schedule this morning to check if it was going to scramble, and have run through a full mash for real - hasn't skipped a beat - not sure what happened that one time.

Finally got around to building the control box for the Braumiser. Top effort on the kit lael though the extra resistors still have me stumped.

Control box was the easy part, now for getting the pots and gear sorted.

1miserbox.jpg

I'm sure it's been done before but I decided to use a clear box lid so I didn't have to cut a hole for the display. Pretty happy with the results though I've just glued the leds sideways onto the inside of the lid for now, will probably get some bezels and glue them inside so the light is actually directed out of the box...

One of the best looking ones I've seen, great idea using the clear front!

Nice work man

Cheers breakbeer.

Gotta do the rest of it now, hopefully it's not another 6 months...

Niiiice. Extra resistors are extras :) in case you put them in the wrong spots...

I got lucky real_beer and put a solid couple of days into getting it completed, pretty happy with the results.

Definitely need to tidy up the wiring a little inside the box, will get that sorted soon.

Steve, where did you get your box from, and what size is it? Its a great idea!

Steve, where did you get your box from, and what size is it? Its a great idea!

The box is 165 x 145 x 80 and I got it from a local electrical wholesaler, think it cost me about $16.

I like the idea of visible wires, hence the idea of a see through front panel

Don't tidy them up, let them be FREE

I'd even recommend removing the silver fascia

stevemc32 said:
I got lucky real_beer and put a solid couple of days into getting it completed, pretty happy with the results.

Definitely need to tidy up the wiring a little inside the box, will get that sorted soon.
Great work! I usually do nothing for a while then suddenly start two or three projects at once and then proceed to bounce between them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I should have :lol:.
Only joking about the wires of course, its great too see all the various ways people have added their own creative ideas to this project.

Cheers

PM Lael and see if he has any left, if he doesn't he should be able to set you in the right direction

Any chance there'd be another of these orders any time soon? I'd definitely be up for one now that I've finished my build

Back