The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flagstaff Gardens is about 100m away Pumpy. You can join the possums over there if you like!

Directions attached. (Quiet morning here...!)

View attachment 18491

That looks good .

Bit worried about sleeping there, might wake up with a heavy Dew on me in the morning ( have I spelt Dew right)

Pumpy :)

That looks good .

Bit worried about sleeping there, might wake up with a heavy Dew on me in the morning ( have I spelt Dew right)

Pumpy :)

There are a range of accomodation options nearby - we'll be putting together an information package with a range of options, including a couple of loack backpacker places that should offer very affordable accomodation. For those who want to go a little up market there is another venue just across the park (the Raddison).

Andy

anyone going to the food/beer matching dinner? this sounds really cool.......finally i can show my mates beer is as cool as wine!

my mrs loves a dinner party.......now I can brew for it!!!!

just checking prices over at the American equivalent of our inaugural event and they seem to sell tickets for around the $250 mark. That's for a 'full conference package'... $138 covers the 'social package' covering keynote address, club night etc...

It's only speculation I guess, but let's hope prices don't hit that level here...

With guest speakers coming from the US I would think a price like that would be more than reasonable. I'm sure that Palmer doesn't charge a kings ransom to speak but they need to get the guys over here and look after their accommodation. Then there is venue, insurance and plenty of other costs involved in putting something like this on.

with there being international speakers.........maybe andyd could apply for a tourisum grant to cover the speakers costs and bring prices down????

anyone going to the food/beer matching dinner? this sounds really cool.......finally i can show my mates beer is as cool as wine!

my mrs loves a dinner party.......now I can brew for it!!!!
If you are interested in food and beer matching get yourself a copy of "The Brewmasters Table" by Garret Oliver. It's a great book with a lot of great ideas. Garret loves beer and it really comes across in the book.

You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Brewmasters-Table-Di...7958&sr=8-2

Probably at local book stores too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked it up on Google. The TAFE is a nice easy walk from Spencer St station, which suits me nicely if I visit my family out west before or after the conference.

Hmmm. Thanks Bonj - I should have mentioned Pub transport is nearby. Literally a 5 inute walk from Southern Cross Station (was Spencer St Station), and, of course, the CBD is littered with trams :)

And thanks for the input new2brew... we have been looking for grants, but haven't yet got anything to help us out... still trying though.

Regards,

Andy

Any one from W.A a confirmed show yet.
If you dont mind carrying extra baggage i could go you halves and package myself into a reasonable size box to get myself over there.Im sure a few others over here could join in to make a freight size shipment. ;)

Cheers
Big D

If you dont mind carrying extra baggage i could go you halves and package myself into a reasonable size box to get myself over there.Im sure a few others over here could join in to make a freight size shipment. ;)

Cheers
Big D

I fully intend to go. I just hope that there enough places available as work and getting there won't be a problem.

Is there any plans on having a trade show as part of the conference? I read the website and there is plans on having presentations from suppliers (meaning lectures i think), but is there any chance of being able to buy and try the latest advancements they are discussing?

I fully intend to go. I just hope that there enough places available as work and getting there won't be a problem.
did you regester for updates on the website?
it says that it is the best way to ensure you dont miss out on a ticket

Is there any plans on having a trade show as part of the conference? I read the website and there is plans on having presentations from suppliers (meaning lectures i think), but is there any chance of being able to buy and try the latest advancements they are discussing?

Yep - we're going to be talking to potental exhibitors over the next couple of weeks, and hopefully there will be some bling floating around for everyone to drool over - I mean buy and take home to play with... :)

Andy

did you regester for updates on the website?
it says that it is the best way to ensure you dont miss out on a ticket

Hmmm. Haven't seen that one, but registering at this stage doesn't guarantee a ticket unfortunately. It will ensure that you get the up-to-date news about the conference, and on that everyone will want to check their mail Friday morning... :)

Andy

Hey Andy, is there any reason why the site isn't working?

Hey Andy, is there any reason why the site isn't working?

Good question. It's ok now, and was ok when I was looking at it at around 2 this morning... must have been a glitch somewhere. No indication on our side of an outage. Thanks for pointing it out though - we'll have a bit more of a dig just in case there is something going on.

Andy

Cheers
Big D

I'll be there Dave.

I've booked leave, but just waiting on confirmed registration before I book flights/hotel.

Good to hear Kook.I would love to go but the other half has different ideas so will have to look at some badgering between now and next years event to score a win.

Cheers
Dave

Hmmm. Haven't seen that one, but registering at this stage doesn't guarantee a ticket unfortunately. It will ensure that you get the up-to-date news about the conference, and on that everyone will want to check their mail Friday morning... :)

Andy

Hi Andy,

Could you clarify whether or not you'll notify those who have signed up for email notifications when registrations have opened? If not what's the best (and earliest) way to find out?

Hi Andy,

Could you clarify whether or not you'll notify those who have signed up for email notifications when registrations have opened? If not what's the best (and earliest) way to find out?

Everyone who has registered will get mail from us as soon as we have new information. It will go up on the web page at about the same time, and then eventually find its way here I'm sure (probably after sleep :) )

Latest posts

Back