The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering how long it would take...

I'm just proofing the final docs and pages at the moment, so it'll be up any time now (or more correctly after the guys get back from dinner :)

Sorry for the delay - I know some of us are on sitting on the edge of our seats :)

Andy

slightly more useful info......

What you get Full Price
(Booked after June 30)
Early Bird Price
(Book up until June 30)

Package 1
Conference and Both Dinners
$360
$290

Package 2
Conference and Saturday Nights Gala Dinner
$340
$280

Package 3
Conference and Friday Nights Beer-Food matching Dinner
$300
$260

Package 4
Conference Sessions Only
$250
$210

Saturday Nights Dinner Only
$110
$90

bloody reasonable i recon

...but unfortunately we still can't book anything until some time in May :(

Cheers Ross

yeah that part sucks. it will be a mad rush once they are availabke

Yeah - unforunately we've got all the hassles now of getting the ticket allocation and payment process sorted out.

Sorry for the piecemeal nature, but we're going as fast as a bunch of volunteers can :)

Regards,

Andy

Andyd - how many people are currently on the 'judging roster'.

Cheers, Hoges.

Mark told me and I've forgotten. It's something in the 50 mark I think.

Andy

I'm still not sure what the deal is, does "We can unfortunately only accommodate 250 delegates at this year’s conference " mean there will only be 250 tickets available for the entire event? If so I've probably got as much chance of scoring one as I had for the Led Zep reunion gig

I'm still not sure what the deal is, does "We can unfortunately only accommodate 250 delegates at this years conference " mean there will only be 250 tickets available for the entire event? If so I've probably got as much chance of scoring one as I had for the Led Zep reunion gig

I'd love to say we can accomodate everybody, bt unfortunately wit no idea of whether people would come we had to set numbers relatively low (as it now seems).

So basically we have a venue for the conference that seats 250. If there is demandabove this wemay be able to queeze a few more in according to the venue operators (apparently they have church services there on a Sunday with 300, but I' told it's not very comfortable).

We've thought about fairness, and it's basically going to be a race to the line, online. We'll be opening up for sales at 8pm on a mid week night (probably a Thursday at this stage) with heaps of notice so everyone get's a fair run at it.

Andy

well thats a bloody reasonable price! i doubt you'll have any tickets left for the non early bird sale!

I for one am planning on a full ticket!

I'd love to say we can accomodate everybody, bt unfortunately wit no idea of whether people would come we had to set numbers relatively low (as it now seems).

So basically we have a venue for the conference that seats 250. If there is demandabove this wemay be able to queeze a few more in according to the venue operators (apparently they have church services there on a Sunday with 300, but I' told it's not very comfortable).

We've thought about fairness, and it's basically going to be a race to the line, online. We'll be opening up for sales at 8pm on a mid week night (probably a Thursday at this stage) with heaps of notice so everyone get's a fair run at it.

Andy

Good stuff. Now just to enlighten us further, and to add further to all the silly questions we are asking, you will only have 250 max (plus those squeezed in) at the day sessions ? The same as the main dinner? Or are the day sessions open to larger numbers but the dinners are limited ?

It is important cos as a veteran of a gazillion conferences, I know many who attend day sessions and not bother with the dinners (though hopefully a brewers dinner is better than an accountants dinner .. am I the only accountant with a sense of humour ?). It will also mean that with the full dinner programs, there are opportunities to work out alternate night plans (the fringe conference).

So, are there unlimited day passes available or just 250 ?

Andy
250 places in total, subtract 50 for the judges, 1 for best brewer, you end up 199 tickets for the rest of the country.. I hope whatever payment gatway/webserver your looking at using will be able to take the flogging it will get in the first few minutes tickets go online.

How many people have registered their interest so we can get some idea of the odds of getting a ticket?

I have been thinking for years that it would be great to have something like this in Australia. However, I'm far too busy/lazy to do anything about it. I really hope this is the success we are all predicting. Thanks to Andy and everyone that is working on putting this together. Look forward to meeting you all in October.

Andy

50 Judges :eek: 25% are they all judging at the conference or is that just Autralia wide ?

Pumpy :)

Is there a conference hotel as such? I'm looking for accommodation,preferably serviced apartment, in the area. Any recommendations?

Good stuff. Now just to enlighten us further, and to add further to all the silly questions we are asking, you will only have 250 max (plus those squeezed in) at the day sessions ? The same as the main dinner? Or are the day sessions open to larger numbers but the dinners are limited ?

It is important cos as a veteran of a gazillion conferences, I know many who attend day sessions and not bother with the dinners (though hopefully a brewers dinner is better than an accountants dinner .. am I the only accountant with a sense of humour ?). It will also mean that with the full dinner programs, there are opportunities to work out alternate night plans (the fringe conference).

So, are there unlimited day passes available or just 250 ?

It'll be 250 (or whatever number we decide we can squeeze into the venue) max. There's limitted room and OH&S issues to consider.

Andy

Back