The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO WAY shes taking a brewers valuable spot ! :p only kidding i know how they can be!

Any chance of being able to pay for the Friday night dinner by itself?

My other half will be out shopping all day :( while I'm at the conference, but I would like her to be able to come for dinner. You have it for the Saturday, so how about the Friday as well?
I think the problem there, I'm sure Andy can correct this is if wrong, is that there are only 150 spots for the Friday dinner so they are expecting hat they will all be full.

I would expect an event such as this to cater for the other halves that aren't interested in the technical side, but still would like to enjoy the festivities with us.

Then is there any chane we can knock the dinner out, and a portion of the price, because I won't be going to the dinner without her, and so there will be a wasted place :eek: .

Looking at the pricing table on the web site you can get either, both or none of the dinners.

Yep looks like there is a clash of dates between the ANHC in Melb & the Beer festival at the Australian Hotel in Sydney both on the same weekend. Not a big drama really, but there are so few events like this in Australia, it is a bummer.
Cheers
Gerard

Has any consideration been given to recording the lectures etc? Would be nice to be able to download audio and or video of the sessions after the conference. If not for everybody at least for attendees. I will be taking my own notes but these kind of things when provided by a conference can be invaluable.

You could do something like making them available to attendees straight away then dribble them out via a monthly podcast to the population at large. Will give them a taste of what they missed and be good marketing for the next event.

That was certainly on our agenda. At the moment we've had to keep video production costs out of the budget to keep the prices down, but as we get a better idea of the number of people and sponsors I'm comfotable that we'll be able to bring that back in again.

I've also spoken with James Spencer and Justin from TBN, and we'll be making material selected available to them for the podcasts.

Andy

Any chance of being able to pay for the Friday night dinner by itself?

My other half will be out shopping all day :( while I'm at the conference, but I would like her to be able to come for dinner. You have it for the Saturday, so how about the Friday as well?

We had originally considered that, however with the reduced capacity we didn't think it would be wise.

Once we have release the tickets, if there appears to be either extra capacity or if there are unused tickets I'm sure we'll release them seperately at that point.

Andy

Yep looks like there is a clash of dates between the ANHC in Melb & the Beer festival at the Australian Hotel in Sydney both on the same weekend. Not a big drama really, but there are so few events like this in Australia, it is a bummer.
Cheers
Gerard

Yep, I agree it's unfortunate. I guess we had some constraints down here with some relatively big Autumn events (like spring carnival :) ) and with connecting up with AABC. We can address this for next year (if we're lucky enough to have the success that would allow it...)

Regards,

Andy

That was certainly on our agenda. At the moment we've had to keep video production costs out of the budget to keep the prices down, but as we get a better idea of the number of people and sponsors I'm comfotable that we'll be able to bring that back in again.
Audio alone would be great. I intend to bring my own recorder but a recording direct from the sound system would be a lot better.

Audio alone would be great. I intend to bring my own recorder but a recording direct from the sound system would be a lot better.

Yep - we'll certainly be capturing everything through the desk.

Andy

Any word on the accommodation guide? Anyone have any recommendations for anything in walking distance of the venue?

Any word on the accommodation guide? Anyone have any recommendations for anything in walking distance of the venue?
ticket sales, I still want to be able to look for cheap flights in advance but dont want to book without tickets in hand.

ticket sales, I still want to be able to look for cheap flights in advance but dont want to book without tickets in hand.

We're really close now- we're just oganising the CC processng capabilities and the system to manage the ticket sales sytem seems to be going along nicely now.

Andy

Shouldn't be long now - the team is working on it as we speak (or type :) )

Andy

Andyd -

I was just perusing the "alternative ANHC get-together" thread. Which is more or less just looking for some hangouts for both cenference goers and people who cant make it to the official events, to get together for a drink - before, after and over the weekend of the ANHC.

Has there been an approach made to the "Beer Centric" venues in Melbourne - looking to see if anyone wants to become the official ANHC pub, or if they want to host special events to coincide with the conference?

I'm thinking places like

Cookie
The Lambsgo Bar
Transport
Beer Deluxe (going there for a drink in about an hour actually)
The Royston
Mrs Parmas
The Terminus (Clifton Hill)
The Local Taphouse

Really I just want to know what pub to hang out at to meet the most AHBers etc, and I figure an official ANHC venue might be the go..

Thirsty

We have given some thought to it, but to be honest we're all so flat out trying to get everything else up and running that we haven't finalised anything.

I know lachlan is in touch with a few of the pubs you've mentioned to see if there's a possibility there somewhere.

Once we get ticket sales and sponsorship under control we'll be able to steer some attention that way.

Andy

Andyd -

I was just perusing the "alternative ANHC get-together" thread. Which is more or less just looking for some hangouts for both cenference goers and people who cant make it to the official events, to get together for a drink - before, after and over the weekend of the ANHC.

Has there been an approach made to the "Beer Centric" venues in Melbourne - looking to see if anyone wants to become the official ANHC pub, or if they want to host special events to coincide with the conference?

I'm thinking places like

Cookie
The Lambsgo Bar
Transport
Beer Deluxe (going there for a drink in about an hour actually)
The Royston
Mrs Parmas
The Terminus (Clifton Hill)
The Local Taphouse

Really I just want to know what pub to hang out at to meet the most AHBers etc, and I figure an official ANHC venue might be the go..

Thirsty

Why not just pick a pub & christen it "The Official AHB Watering Hole ANHC 2008 ?

Just a thought

James

Hey guys,

We're organising a micro tour for Thursday night, we've got club night on Friday evening with an open invitation to share your best as well as trying out some great micro beers and a special "Conference Brew".

With Saturday's Dinner, and the conference bar open during the event, those of you who are coming along to the conference may not need to find a bar... we might even be able to slip in some Pink Floyd on the playlist :)

Andy

Hey guys,

We're organising a micro tour for Thursday night, we've got club night on Friday evening with an open invitation to share your best as well as trying out some great micro beers and a special "Conference Brew".

With Saturday's Dinner, and the conference bar open during the event, those of you who are coming along to the conference may not need to find a bar... we might even be able to slip in some Pink Floyd on the playlist :)

Andy

I think the alternative thing is for those who don't make the cut for the official events. So, f'rinstance, if I miss out on tickets to any or all of those things and there are a couple of dozen other brewers who also miss out, we can still get together somewhere and pretend we're part of the greater event - or at least drink beer and talk about album cover artwork. Designating a particular venue might work for everyone involved - some sponsorship for the event and cut-price beer for everyone else. :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

Andy

Pink Floyd!!! Where do I sign!! :icon_drool2:

Back