The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the alternative thing is for those who don't make the cut for the official events. So, f'rinstance, if I miss out on tickets to any or all of those things and there are a couple of dozen other brewers who also miss out, we can still get together somewhere and pretend we're part of the greater event - or at least drink beer and talk about album cover artwork. Designating a particular venue might work for everyone involved - some sponsorship for the event and cut-price beer for everyone else. :rolleyes:

You've got it spills, somewhere for the great unwashed to gather and party :) Might be good for someone to approach one or two places to see if we can be accomodated.....

Any updates on when tickets will go on sale?

We're really close now. The shop beta site is up and we're testing it at the moment. I am anticipating an announcement of dates tomorrow night at this stage (which means that tickets will probably go on sale in about 2 weeks so that all the clubs hae a chance to hear about the dates as well).

Thanks for all the patience guys - it's been a hectic couple of weeks, but it's all looking good now.

Andy

We're really close now. The shop beta site is up and we're testing it at the moment. I am anticipating an announcement of dates tomorrow night at this stage (which means that tickets will probably go on sale in about 2 weeks so that all the clubs hae a chance to hear about the dates as well).

Thanks for all the patience guys - it's been a hectic couple of weeks, but it's all looking good now.

Andy

???? :huh: ????

???? :huh: ????

Unfortunately we've had a hickup trying to obtain a secure certificate to protect the transactions (they required us to transfer the ANHC.com.au domain, and that's taken a week and a bit to have done), so we're running 2 weeks behind.

We're really sorry for the delay. Everyone is working hard to make sure this happens as soon as possible.

Regards,

And

Still looking for accommodation options in the area. Anybody have any recommendations?

What kind of accomodation? Hotel room, multi room apartment, or bed in a backpackers?
I only know backpackers (they're around $15) but if you want a hotel just use one of those last minute deal websites.

We'll have some accomodation options up on the web. We've negotiated a range of accomodation with discounts that should be attractive...

Andy

What kind of accomodation? Hotel room, multi room apartment, or bed in a backpackers?
I only know backpackers (they're around $15) but if you want a hotel just use one of those last minute deal websites.
I'm after hotel/apartment but I was looking for peoples opinions. Easy enough to find them on Google but interested in what people think of them. I don't really trust a lot of the reviews you find online. They tend to be overly positive.

Thanks for the update Andy.

Hey Guys,

The Good News: Anyone who has registered should now have received the latest newsletter and the secret of the crystal skull... I mean the information you have been waiting for...

Cheers!

Andy

I think I'm registered... but didnt get the email? :(

Are the registrations open or what? It's nearly 7:00AM here in Perth.

"Just when you thought the only way to get to the ANHC this year was to, you know, pay for it, we're happy to announce that the convenors of the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, ACT and Western Australian qualifying competitions for the AABC will be giving their respective Champion Brewers an all-session pass to ANHC '08 (including attendance at all sessions and both conference dinners)." - ANHC website.

A conspicuous ommision from the list there. Fortunately my beer is extremely unlikely to take out a BOS in any competition :p

Indeed. I have not heard back from anyone in NSW organising a state competition, which is unfortunate... It would have been great to have all the states involved, but at the moment we have 3 that don't have recognised competitions that have been organised for this year. At least not to my knowledge - does anyone know anything different?

Andy

Latest posts

Back