The Australian National Homebrewing Conference

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyd

Reaction score

The Inaugural Australian National Homebrewing
Conference

Thursday 23rd - Saturday 25th October 2008
William Anglis Institute, Melbourne

Australia's first National Conference for Homebrewers will take place in October this year, and we've got something for almost everyone!
International presenters John Palmer (author of the seminal homebrewing book "How To Brew") and Jamil Zainasheff (arguably the most successful homebrewer in the U.S. and host of The Brewing Networks "The Jamil Show") will be joining a big list of local presenters including Phil Sexton (the mastermind behind Little Creatures and Matilda Bay breweries), Mick Jonteff (Product developer at the New Product Development Department at Fosters Brewing, and currently developing recipes for Matilda Bay Garage Brewery in Melbourne) as well as a host of homebrew suppliers to bring you the most concentrated hit of brewing knowledge Australia has ever seen!

• Take part in a sensory perception session run by Mark Hibberd, Australia's highest ranked[acronym="Beer Judge Certification Program"] BJCP[/acronym] judge, and enjoy a wonderful dinner accompanied by a collection of fantastic beers matched to each of the courses.
  • Join us for on a Microbewery tour of Melbourne, and be there for the Gala awards presentation for the Australian Amateur Homebrew Championships winners.
For all the latest news on the [acronym="Australian National Homebrew Conference"]ANHC[/acronym], visit our website, www.anhc.com.au - be one of the first 300 to sign up to the newsletter before the end of March for a chance to win a full conference package, including both dinners, the Microbrewery tour and all conference sessions.

If you've got any questions you can send email to [email protected], and in the meantime here's a flyer you can show your mates if you think they'll be interested in coming along for the party!

Hope to see you all there in October!

Andrew Davison (Andyd)
Conference Chairman

sp000g :icon_chickcheers:

hope down the track there are club nights.

Will this conference be moving from state to state over the years or based in Melbourne.
Either way sounds/looks great.

Cheers
Big D

It's something we've discussed, but at the moment we want to concentrate on making the first one a success. Certainly, if there's enough interest this year we'll be able to look at shifting it around.

When are you going to disclose your ACN and ABN?
Currently your terms and conditions show this:
Australian National Homebrew Conference Pty Ltd, A.B.N ## ### ### ###, A.C.N ### ### ###,

Also, is creating an account on your site the same as signing up for news?

Wow! I'm impressed you read down that far!

We're just finalising the legal groundwork at the moment, and should have those details mid next week. We wanted to get the information out these as early as we could to give people plenty of advance notice.

Andy

Is there an official hotel for the event where we can receive a group discount?

I'm hoping to make it over for this.

Looks good guys. I look forward to seeing the details at then end of the month.

G'day Kook!

Yes, we have struck up a deal with a local hotel, so we'll announce that once we've got a few other things sorted out. If it comes out the way we want it to it will be about 3km away (a healthy walk or an easy tram ride down :) ).

It'd be great to have you down for it. Looking forward to meeting you there!

Andy

Wow! I'm impressed you read down that far!

We're just finalising the legal groundwork at the moment, and should have those details mid next week. We wanted to get the information out these as early as we could to give people plenty of advance notice.

Andy

I'm a public servant. Reading the details is in my blood.
It seems that at present Australian National Homebrew Conference Pty Ltd doesn't exist on ASIC's National Names Index. So I just made an agreement with a non-existent entity. In fact, you haven't even reserved the name, so incorporation is not yet under way.

Cheers,
Beaurocrat 09481773

PS. sorry for prying so deep, but you know, we have nothing but a whois on you.

That's a fair call. As soon as those details are all settled I'll let you know.

Andy

I just wet myself! This is the genesys of an event that will grow year on year into a national movement. The NHC in America is a brilliant event pioneered by the passionate, and now patronised by the thousands.

Firm back-slaps to our Melbourne affiltiates for putting this together and attracting Jamil & John - two international homebrewing legends. Charlie P can't hold out forever I'm sure :)

Sign me up - See you all there!

We've had interest from a few potential international speakers for future events, so if this one runs well we'll be in good steed for coming years!

Thanks for the enthusiasm Insight!

Andy

Good Day
I have registered, and I will be there. Can't wait. :beer:

well since its not late march yet and we cant buy tickets, how much are we looking at to attend. love to come.

We'll have pricing information available at the end of the month...stay tuned :)

looks good just registered and hope to make it down to Melbourne in October

Franko

yeah im signed up now. 2 days of beer. my wife will be wrapped (not!) christ this will be better than the 2 day conference I went to this week on Planning.

Fents - you could do a paper on dry hemping, i mean hoping. Actually it would be good to see a paper/presentation on herbs in beer. traditional medicinal beers etc, also a presentation on setting up a full AG system for as little as possible.

Best of luck with this, been a long time coming and for all the hard work to come i hope everyone has a damm good time!

Also appreciate the efforts put into the privacy related clauses of the registration. Sorry, work with lawyers all day and all too often privacy is handled poorly online and treated with disrespect by some.

Scotty

Back