State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, we all agree the scrum is a joke. Unfortunately I don't see it changing anytime soon...

well maybe now that David Gallop has been given the arse things might improve as he sat there and let the game fall apart over the last 10 years

we can only hope that his replacement actually gives a shit about what happens to the game

well maybe now that David Gallop has been given the arse things might improve as he sat there and let the game fall apart over the last 10 years

we can only hope that his replacement actually gives a shit about what happens to the game

Maybe, and also fix up the stripping rule IMO. I believe WAY more emphasis has to be put on the player to hold the ball. The number of 'loose carries' that get penalised is up there on my annoy list.

Because the first game was in Melbourne, not Sydney. I think it favoured the Blues to have the second game at home since Melbourne is generally regarded as a Maroons home game more than a Blues home game, which means that if the Brisbane game was second, QLD would have had two home games in a row essentially. I don't know the "official" reason for having the Brisbane game third again but that is my reasoning.

I don't like the idea of any games being outside of QLD and NSW because they don't really appreciate it as much outside the states. You would never see the AFL selling off the grand final to be played outside of Melbourne, so why should NRL be any different.

In the end a good game by the Blues, I was very disappointed in QLDs performance. 13 errors to NSWs' 4 which in the end cost them the game

Totally agree Sheamas.

Being a true blue blooded new south welshman living in Melbourne I am eternally frustrated by Victorias complete indifference towards origin. What's the big deal is the comment I hear most. It is comments like that [that] should see origin never played here again. They don't believe me when I tell them that origin is the has the highest TV rating of any program every year. Yes that is right, there are sports other than fumble ball and no rugby league is not rugby, and the storm and the rebels will never play each other because they play different games. End rant (flame suit on).

Finally NSW have won ugly, something which QLD have been the masters of the the past 6 years.

Good tough match, quite a few mistakes and no real brilliance, but plenty of hard running and tackling and plenty of passion from the players (and the crowd). Quality origin footy. Looking forward to game three.

Biggest problem, my pisshead mates drank most of my beer. Brewing next week to fill the void.

Get rid of the scrum and have a tap instead, but make it that the forwards have to do 10 star jumps before they can get involved in the play.

Andrew Johns is the best player I saw. So by default, he is the best half NSW had.

In recent years I thought Wallace could have done with more of a chance. But we're pretty settled with Pearce and Carney now.

Sterlo doesn't get a start? :D

FOOTBAAAAAALL!!!!!

ps. Carn' the roaches!

I don't feel like a true QLDer since I will be spending this origin like game 2...at the gym yelling at the TVs there :lol:

I'm inclined to think more like:
NSW: 18
QLD: 12

And I'm a QLD'r.

I will start this post by saying I am a QLD supporter.

QLD are going to miss Billy Slater - big time. Inglis is very good but Slater is brilliant. Inglis has proved that he can put the big hits on in defence but he is also a lazy defender IMO. Billy's absence will be huge.

NSW believe they can win and this is the most confident I have seen them in years. Defensively solid and now with an exciting back line and a tough, mobile forward pack. All they have to do is minimise errors and have some discipline (don't get anyone put in the sin bin) and they will win.

NSW by 8 (but in saying that I have put $20 on NSW to win, therefore there is a very big chance QLD will win. Either way I'm happy).

Ive gone qld to win 15-12.

Got the score right the first game and pocketed a cheeky 180.

The way I see it, if qld win, ill get the tip and maybe a little cash monies, or if nsw win... ill just be one very happy camper!

Either way, its win-win...

Unless QLD actually win, then it will be a very shallow victory for me. Can't bear another lost series.

Sponge

Back