State Of Origin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were very lucky we didn't win by more. That's the first game this year where we've been the better side.

Said it at half time... If NSW keep on carelessly losing the ball and giving away penalties, they will lose the game.

I'm actually surprised they got so close....

Oh how sweet it is!!!

7 in a row, it's good to be a Queenslander.. :icon_chickcheers: :beerbang: :party: :icon_cheers:

I guess Mr Stuart is in the running for "Coach of the Decade Award"? Only 3 more to go, and he can claim a clean sweep.

Anyway, congratulations or commiserations, depending on where your loyalties lie.

How do footy players keep giving penalties for holding the player too long and handling the ball...? penalties like those should not be part of the game and is frustrating to continually see these professional athletes giving away such rookie penalties.

Two stupid penalties gave qld their last two tries before the half time break, when nsw were winning.

it was always going to be next to impossible to come back from behind at half time against qld at suncorp.

either way, ill hang my head in shame for the next 10 months and hope something drastically improves.

must be getting boring being a qld supporter by now?

Sponge

must be getting boring being a qld supporter by now?

I imagine it's only marginally less boring than being a NSW supporter.

I'm surprised Qld won to be honest, I think it's been the strongest performance by a NSW side in years throughout this series - especially game 2.

But a good result in the end! :beer:

Kev

NSW played well in the first half but got sloppy in the second half I think, too many penelties

QLD were much stronger in the ruck this game. They were outmuscled in game two (especially in the front row) and were lucky to only lose by a few points. You could see that they had worked on that aspect for this game. They seemed to be more aggressive and physical.

For me, the biggest difference between the two teams last night were the halves. Cronk and Thurston were exceptional. Thurston went forward and had more line breaks than he had all series. Cronk was great under pressure and his field goal at the end when he would have been tired and fatigued was a corker.
Compare that to Carney and Pearce. Carney hardly did anything all night accept kick some good conversions and Pearce was hardly visable. They showed how good they can be in game two but last night it didn't happen for them. I do, however, think that if they keep playing decent footy at club level they should be the halves next series.

For me, the biggest difference between the two teams last night were the halves.

Definitely.

You look at what nsw did in the halves compared to qld. carney and pearce just handed the ball off whenever they got it, apart from 1 or two kicks. Farrah was more of a playmaker and had a better kicking game than pearce and carney combined.

Thurston and cronk were part of most of qld's breaks and tries, with exceptional kicking games each.

NSW need another joey and/or freddy, quick smart!

Sponge

As an independent viewer, I really enjoyed the game last night down at the local. Great to see such a close game.

My mate was spewing it did not go into extra time, he had some $$$$ on the draw at 25:1 !

As an independent viewer, I really enjoyed the game last night down at the local. Great to see such a close game.

My mate was spewing it did not go into extra time, he had some $$ on the draw at 25:1 !

If pearce could kick as good as cronk, the kid might've been on the monies!

I might add that in an earlier post I said that QLD would miss Billy slater. Inglis was very good at returning the ball but his defence was a bit suspect.
IMHO, one person they should have included on the bench was Ben Barba. NSW looked very tired for the last 10-15 mins of the first half. Unleashing a fresh Ben Barba at that stage of the match could (and probably would) have caused all sorts of misery for the Blues. Gillett, for my money, was pretty ineffectual and could have been easily replaced by Barba.
Of course, this is all easy to say in hindsight but it sure would have made a good match even better.

How do footy players keep giving penalties for holding the player too long and handling the ball...? penalties like those should not be part of the game and is frustrating to continually see these professional athletes giving away such rookie penalties.

Two stupid penalties gave qld their last two tries before the half time break, .

Youve got it spot on sponge.
IMO this is the biggest influance in any game in any grade. How many metres come from penalties, then a try a few plays later, let alone pionts from kicks. This is where the team with the best kicker gains huge advantage becuase of some stupid tard wanting one-up-manship, a little cheap shot, a stupid rake, instead of just playing the game.
Fark that shit erks me. Take note next week at whatever game you watch, you'lle soon spot the idjits doing it week after week.

Glad we won just had to add 2cents
Daz

The OB manager came in on thursday and gave me some SOO merch for all the work I did to ensure the show ran smoothly.
A XXXX cap and a XXXX Gold flag.

yay..............
Damm, where is the party pants photo!

Good to see QLD still getting away with there cheating....

That shepard was bullshit....they never should have got that try

Good to see QLD still getting away with there cheating....

That shepard was bullshit....they never should have got that try

I think King Wally summed it up perfectly when he said that we will take those points, but had it been NSW scoring we would have been screaming. Anyway it was a great game and got a bit of interest in Origin going and hopefully next years series will be a cracker. The NSW catch cry will be "shut the gate on eight"

Latest posts

Back