SS FV EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Yob but I'm really stretching the budget ATM. As keen as I was to see what these are like, I also wanted a brewbucket. Why do these buys always travel in packs? Also trying to get my old landcruiser ready for sale so kitty is emmmpty. It's been an epic thread though mate and if these shape up I'll have to chase up a 50l.

Mardoo said:
Lael, are you going to split the aliexpress buy into a separate thread at this point?
Yeah, good idea I think. Basically we need more people interested to make it worthwhile. 20 seems to be the magic number where the price break occurs.
Great deal though - they are a pot, a fermenter, and easily sanitised and handled. All a strong plus in my books.

I might be keen on one too Lael, depending on what one and what price. All these options are playing with my head.

Added my name to the 50ltr list by permission, cheers Yob...

50L Oil Drums (Winequip)
Yob: 1
PK: 1 + ss tap
MB: 2 + 2 ss taps confirmed, shipping with ego 2749
LagerBomb: 1 (7320)
Jez: 1 + SS tap (2049)
balconybrewer 2 + 2 ss taps (pending shipping to 2444(any other midnorth coasters?))
CoopsOz: 1 plus SS tap (2906)
Les the Weizguy: 1 + SS tap (p'code 2318-home, or 2289-work)
Martrix: 1 + SS tap (3139)
The Don: 1 + SS tap (happy to pick up)
nifty: 1 + SS tap (2759)

Total: 13

30L Oil Drums (Winequip)
Danwood: 1 plus SS tap
Bridges: 1 plus SS tap (3099) Happy to pick up depending on date
Mattress: 2 plus SS tap x 2 (2615)
Surly: 1 plus SS tap (3081)
Mardoo: 1, no tap
Brucce 1 plus ss tap (shipping to 4570)
The Don: 1 + SS tap (happy to pick up)

Total: 8

30L Aliexpress - ok. Doing this. Not definite which one, but put down EOI if you are pretty sure. Lael
Lael - 4
PeteQ - 2
Mardoo - 2 (most interested in tall thin ones)
niftinev = 2

Total: 10

Check Numbers.jpg

Heres a shot of the spread sheet as it stands. I think it's correct, please let me know if it is not, names and addies blanked out for privacy.

Thanks Yob but I'm really stretching the budget ATM. As keen as I was to see what these are like, I also wanted a brewbucket. Why do these buys always travel in packs? Also trying to get my old landcruiser ready for sale so kitty is emmmpty. It's been an epic thread though mate and if these shape up I'll have to chase up a 50l.
My budget is stretched too, but you have to prioritise.
Will this purchase save money in the long run? Do you need to eat this fortnight? etc.
I just won a keg fridge on eBay, so that must be paid for too.
I am one of those people who is happy to make arrangements to pay over a period of time, to free up immediate cash for such opportunities.
Huzzah!

Les the Weizguy said:
My budget is stretched too, but you have to prioritise.
Will this purchase save money in the long run? Do you need to eat this fortnight? etc.
I just won a keg fridge on eBay, so that must be paid for too.
I am one of those people who is happy to make arrangements to pay over a period of time, to free up immediate cash for such opportunities.
Huzzah!
Haha! If it was just me I was worried about I'd be ordering 2 of each. By example, I won't need to eat tonight. I'm drinking an Oatmeal Stout with a grand dose of golden naked oats and is the greatest stout I've tasted let alone brewed. I'm carefully balancing this meal with a side dish of Anytime IPA by Temple.
Unfortunately, my wife is deficient in "Ignorantia juris non excusat" when it comes to road rules and has earned us another parking ticket. Yay! Add to this the fact I installed a new clutch on my 4x4 today (on company time) only to find the pressure plate is imbalanced (see if you can find an even cheaper one next time Cam) and will require either replacement (at my cost) or a reduction in sale price on the vehicle. Damn, this is turning into a rant. Mods, feel free to relocate this post.
Les, gimme two more Anytimes and I'll echo your "Huzzah!"

About 8.5% of the grain bill, Mardoo. Probably not that grand and maybe not the best stout ever but it sure tasted like it last night. :blush:
Sorry for off-topic, I shall desist.

Please can you confirm that the attached image is correct. Calcs on postage done as of this morning, will confirm with W.E that our units are put aside and will then lock it all in and send out the bank details tmoz, hopefully all funds will clear by Friday and I will make payment, organise shipping over the weekend for posting the following week.

Postage Calcs 1.jpg

ED: Re attached image and removed names

Latest posts

Back